[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Firstly, this is my favourite mod!
Thanks for the awesome effort:)

Not sure if these issues have bee reported, my search skills seem to be somewhat lacking.

#1 Engine butts disappear on loading up a save every time. (ok on launch and look fantastic imo).

#2 the 2 person pod shows the 2nd occupant outside the ship at the nose of the pod.

19 minutes ago, T.A.P.O.R. said:

Firstly, this is my favourite mod!
Thanks for the awesome effort:)

Not sure if these issues have bee reported, my search skills seem to be somewhat lacking.

#1 Engine butts disappear on loading up a save every time. (ok on launch and look fantastic imo).

#2 the 2 person pod shows the 2nd occupant outside the ship at the nose of the pod.

Yeah the Butt problem has come up before, it was explained to me that the butts were essentially decoupler fairings so when activated the fairing wouldn't be there,the game only catches up when you re load it

Are you talking about the internal view for the two man pod, cause Ithink that's cause the IVA is from the mk landercan, so has the shape of a mk 2 lander can!

@Ven I've noticed that there is no option to select stored data on the 2 man capsule, but it is there when I go to ship manifest (had to install it to get it out!)

3 hours ago, Kertech said:

Are you talking about the internal view for the two man pod, cause Ithink that's cause the IVA is from the mk landercan, so has the shape of a mk 2 lander can!

Yes, though the kerbal is visible regardless of cutaway mode being on or off.

Strange issues with the Mobile Processing Lab - during a launch the camera starts jumping back down the ship's path and sometimes there are some just inexplicable issues like part of the ship taking off on it's own. Reverting back to the stock part fixed it & there wasn't anything sticking out in the last log ( there was in a previous log but I overwrote by accident :S - from memory there was a problem initialising a joint, which would explain parts flying off... ). I'll attempt to repeat when I can,  although I did just note Ferram's comments about voxelization issues so I'll not be using the mod generally until that's sorted.

On 6/7/2016 at 8:39 PM, ferram4 said:

@Ven: It looks like your new models for the Mainsail, Skipper, Rhino, and I believe the Poodle and Terrier as well all cause voxelization errors with FAR.  All of the resulting behavior points to vertexes or triangles of either mesh or collider floating WAY out beyond the rest of the model, screwing up all attempts to figure out the bounds of the vehicle.  This will also cause issues with stock drag and heating as well, if that concerns you.

I can't fix any of this on my end, I'm afraid.  FAR doesn't have any easy way to determine which parts of the mesh / colliders to ignore, so could you take a look at those and see if you can find any issues?

Edit: I copied this issue to the repo for easy tracking.  Hope that doesn't cause any issues.

On 6/8/2016 at 1:48 AM, Buisson said:

Hello !

I confirmed what @ferram4 and @TeiwazVIE just said. For me, it's the Skipper and Mainsail. I didn't unlocked the Rhino so far, so couldn't tell, but the Poodle and Terrier are fine for me.

As I don't know how to fix this, I just removed the Skipper.mu and Mainsail.mu files from the mod for now.

I can confirm this problem with the Skipper, at least. Whenever it's in motion it is subject to extreme forces that make it spin like crazy. Even when it gets detached from the vessel it will continue to spin on it's own for no apparent reason, but the FAR overlay will show it is being subject to mysterious forces. 

The Z-200 battery clips when attached to the Mk1 Command pod! Also, speaking of the Mk1 command pod, I notice you changed its size. Can I ask why? Because now the IVA is mismatched with the exterior (which you did a great job with) and it looks...quite ugly, unfortunately. Would it be possible to resize the command pod to fit the original?

Edited by subyng

On 6/11/2016 at 3:25 AM, federicoaa said:

After 1.9.2, part 1x3SPanels is a bit bugged.

Placement node appears rotated 90 degrees and also in VAB appears already deployed (and it can't be folded inside VAB)

I am also seeing this bug. KSP v. 1.1.2, mod v. 1.9.3

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Begin a new craft in the VAB editor and attempt to attach the part "OX-2L 1x3 Photovoltaic Panels"

Expected Results:

1. The selected part would be placed without any initial rotation, and it would be in its retracted state by default. The user should have the ability to extend and retract the solar panels while editing the craft in the VAB.

Actual Results:

1. The part is rotated 90 degrees, defaults to its extended state, and the user has no option to retract it while in the VAB.

RICOJaJ.png

Edited by okbillybunnyface

I was having an issue with the camera losing focus during launch, where every 6,000 meters it would get further and further away from my ship. Nothing would show up in the debug log when it hapened. I was able to narrow it down to the Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2 that was causing the issue- removing it from my ship and all was good.

So after systematically removing and tweaking many different mods I finally nailed it down to Ven's Stock Revamp that was causing the issue (or at least incompatible with some other mod, or combination of, I have).

Removing this bit of code from "VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Utility.cfg" got the lab working again:

@PART[Large_Crewed_Lab] {
    @author = Ven
	!mesh = DELETE
	!MODEL {}
	MODEL {
		model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Command/CrewStorage/ScienceLab
	}
	%rescaleFactor = 1
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
        animationName = CrewCanLight
        startEventGUIName = Lights On
        endEventGUIName = Lights Off
    }
}

In case it helps, a couple other things I noticed while it was bugged:

• While in the VAB Kerbal Engineer Redux would show the name/info of the part above the lab when hovering over the lab.
  • When right clicking on the lab I would get a "Deploy" setting with a 0-100 slider.
  • There was a "Toggle" button that didn't seem to do anything.

After removing the above code, those issues went away as well.

I am running KSP 1.1.2.1260 (x64) and my mod list can be found here: http://pastebin.com/VVk9DfdY

On 6/14/2016 at 10:18 PM, Sandriell said:

I was having an issue with the camera losing focus during launch, where every 6,000 meters it would get further and further away from my ship. Nothing would show up in the debug log when it hapened. I was able to narrow it down to the Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2 that was causing the issue- removing it from my ship and all was good.

So after systematically removing and tweaking many different mods I finally nailed it down to Ven's Stock Revamp that was causing the issue (or at least incompatible with some other mod, or combination of, I have).

Removing this bit of code from "VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\Utility.cfg" got the lab working again:

@PART[Large_Crewed_Lab] {
    @author = Ven
	!mesh = DELETE
	!MODEL {}
	MODEL {
		model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Command/CrewStorage/ScienceLab
	}
	%rescaleFactor = 1
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
        animationName = CrewCanLight
        startEventGUIName = Lights On
        endEventGUIName = Lights Off
    }
}

In case it helps, a couple other things I noticed while it was bugged:

• While in the VAB Kerbal Engineer Redux would show the name/info of the part above the lab when hovering over the lab.
  • When right clicking on the lab I would get a "Deploy" setting with a 0-100 slider.
  • There was a "Toggle" button that didn't seem to do anything.

After removing the above code, those issues went away as well.

I am running KSP 1.1.2.1260 (x64) and my mod list can be found here: http://pastebin.com/VVk9DfdY

I have the same problem, and I tried removing that code from Utility.cfg but there was no change. 

Edit: nevermind, this worked for me. 

Ven, love the mod, eagerly awaiting fixes =)

Edited by subyng

@Ven I found a bug with the LV-900 Beagle engine. 

I'm using it as part of a rocketplane, in combination with jet engines. Screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=705016987

For some reason, Liquid fuel is drawn from both the Beagle's torus tank and the tank at the top of the tank, simultaneously. However, no oxidizer is taken from the torus tank. The really big bug is that when the fuel in the engine's torus tank runs out of liquid fuel, the plane stops consuming fuel even with the engines running, giving me infinite fuel. 

I had encountered a bug playing RO and was told it was a known problem with the RL10 engine RO uses which comes from this pack.  Is the RL10 a known issue or do you need more information?  I can pull log and craft file on request.  If it is a known issue is the next update of VSR looking to fix it?

1 hour ago, Herrkurt said:

I had encountered a bug playing RO and was told it was a known problem with the RL10 engine RO uses which comes from this pack.  Is the RL10 a known issue or do you need more information?  I can pull log and craft file on request.  If it is a known issue is the next update of VSR looking to fix it?

I'm guessing it's this

Probably but that thread was depressing to see.  VenVen we need you.  My problem manifested in the engine causing the rocket to develop wet noodle syndrome, extreme guidance wobbling and explosive decoupling of stages (torquing and accelerating sub-sonic parts to mach 3).  Odd thing is it would go away sometimes, in particular when I removed the sides from the procedural payload fairing for some reason.

Edited by Herrkurt

On 14 juin 2016 at 9:21 AM, okbillybunnyface said:

I am also seeing this bug. KSP v. 1.1.2, mod v. 1.9.3

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Begin a new craft in the VAB editor and attempt to attach the part "OX-2L 1x3 Photovoltaic Panels"

Expected Results:

1. The selected part would be placed without any initial rotation, and it would be in its retracted state by default. The user should have the ability to extend and retract the solar panels while editing the craft in the VAB.

Actual Results:

1. The part is rotated 90 degrees, defaults to its extended state, and the user has no option to retract it while in the VAB.

RICOJaJ.png

I was just about to report this very annoying bug... Thanks mate, hope it gets fixed soon.

So I'm having trouble with missing parts. On a massive scale. In sandbox mode the fuel tab contains basically only mk2 and mk3 parts. My pods tab contains no unmanned pods except the mk2 etc... Basically it seems, that KSP fails to load any part changed by Ven's stock revamp. When i delete it, all parts reappear. Problem is, my save contains some non-vanilla parts from this mode, so KSP fails to load the whole vessel, when VSR is missing.

Can someone help or give me directions to a relevant part of this thread, please?

On 15.06.2016 at 2:56 AM, tf58 said:

Hi, I just started using this mod and has been wondering why I didn't do so earlier! :D

Any chance of making the new antenna parts to work with the AntennaRange mod?

Hi, I just added custom vsr antennas to AntennaRange.cfg, but actually i don't know what means all these options. :D So, i calculated their by the cost (relative to the default antennas), maybe someone else knows how be better.. :confused:

Config right here:

// VSR
@PART[SmallFixedAntenna]:FOR[AntennaRange]:NEEDS[!RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
	{
		@name = ModuleLimitedDataTransmitter
		@packetResourceCost /= 1.156967
		nominalRange = 7567425000
		simpleRange = 46018125000
		maxPowerFactor = 14
		maxDataFactor = 2
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleScienceContainer

dataIsCollectable = true
		dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
	}
}

@PART[mediumFixedAntenna]:FOR[AntennaRange]:NEEDS[!RemoteTech] 
{
	{
		@packetResourceCost /= 1.791242
		nominalRange = 11716050000
		simpleRange = 71246250000
		maxPowerFactor = 18
		maxDataFactor = 2
	}

MODULE
	{

dataIsCollectable = true
		dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
	}
}

@PART[largeFixedAntenna]:FOR[AntennaRange]:NEEDS[!RemoteTech]
{
	{
		@packetResourceCost /= 2.914213
		nominalRange = 29045000000
		simpleRange = 176625000000
		maxPowerFactor = 22
		maxDataFactor = 2
	}

MODULE
	{

dataIsCollectable = true
		dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
	}
}

@PART[LongDeployableAntenna]:FOR[AntennaRange]:NEEDS[!RemoteTech]
{
	{
		nominalRange = 4410000000
		simpleRange = 25200000000
		maxPowerFactor = 6
		maxDataFactor = 8
	}

MODULE
	{

dataIsCollectable = true
		dataIsStorable = false

storageRange = 2
	}
}
// ...

Edited by AndrewZ

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.