[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

It's worse than that. The merge function gives the option to Merge only if there are no conflicts, or "Keep Newer" if there are. "Keep Newer" always puts in whatever's in the folder you're copying, even if the file it's replacing has been modified more recently. :huh:

I still run Snow Leopard and I can confirm that you'll have to manually merge the folders. At least I've never found any setting to allow proper merging. It wasn't too much of a bother, really, though I didn't use every revamped part. Just make sure you've got a backup for your Squad/Parts folder.

Hey Ven, don't know if you manually coded that MM file or not but I greatly appreciate your nice organized style. I don't even know what coding language that was and I was still able to get in and pop out the bits I needed to remove.

Favorite design is one I don't think I've seen you show off on here, but the redo of the Clamp-O-Tron Jr. is easily the best redesign in the pack, it just looks exactly like where you'd hook up a pipe to refuel a tank. Well done!

I still run Snow Leopard and I can confirm that you'll have to manually merge the folders. At least I've never found any setting to allow proper merging. It wasn't too much of a bother, really, though I didn't use every revamped part. Just make sure you've got a backup for your Squad/Parts folder.

Yeah this is the first really annoying thing with my mac i've encountered. Curious though (I know nooooob question) but how did you manually merge, I tried that but I must have done it wrong.

It's worse than that. The merge function gives the option to Merge only if there are no conflicts, or "Keep Newer" if there are. "Keep Newer" always puts in whatever's in the folder you're copying, even if the file it's replacing has been modified more recently. :huh:

Weird. I merge folders in the Finder all the time and have never had an issue. That said you could use ditto to merge folders pretty easily

• Open the Terminal
  • Type 'ditto' followed by a space
  • Drag the source folder to the Terminal window.
  • Drag the destination folder (GameData) to the Terminal window
  • Hit return.

Yeah this is the first really annoying thing with my mac i've encountered. Curious though (I know nooooob question) but how did you manually merge, I tried that but I must have done it wrong.

The easiest way for me to do it was to have two Finder windows open. Have the revamp folder on one side, the stock folder on the other. Start with Squad/Parts/Engines for example. Then open a specific engine folder, engineJetBasic, for example. Copy everything within the Ven engineJetBasic folder and paste it into the Squad version of that folder.

It'll bring up the dialog menu to Replace/Replace All/Cancel. Click Replace All and it'll replace the stock models & textures while leaving the stock configs.

It's a bit of a chore, but I don't know of any way around it. And at least you have firm control over which parts you replace the textures for.

Also, I find that when you've finished merging a particular folder, it helps to quickly right-click the folder and change the label color, so you know that you're done with it.

Hi Ven,

Not sure if this has already been asked but are you also looking at redoing the Mk 2 cockpit as well? cause I have never liked it and it can most certainly use your polished touch to make i much better.

And by the way I know consider this mod to be a "must have" for all of my games now I just love the retectured work, hopefully we see what you ahve done become stock :)

Just a quick note: I have a working set of MM configs to allow SXT to work with this.

Ven, I hate to make a request, but could you do the LV-909 as two mus, welded via MODEL nodes? So we can have the possibility of removing the toroidal tank and just having the engine and the frame stringers?

(If you're willing to do that, could you do the same for the Skipper's tankbutt, since it expands well past the diameter of the nozzle? That's lower priority though since it won't look out of place as much.)

I'm making these requests because while I need to talk to RedAV8R, I'm fully in favor of making this a required mod for Realism Overhaul...the engines (and everything else too of course, but...the engines! <3) just look so wonderful.

So what's the story with your Science Lab IVA? It looks amazing by the way. Is it just taking time to do?
Hi Ven,

Not sure if this has already been asked but are you also looking at redoing the Mk 2 cockpit as well? cause I have never liked it and it can most certainly use your polished touch to make i much better.

And by the way I know consider this mod to be a "must have" for all of my games now I just love the retectured work, hopefully we see what you ahve done become stock :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The SCI lab has to this date gone through four revisions, each time I finished I hated how it looked. none of the earlier models captured the ISS interior look to them, so hopefully this will be the last time I'll be redoing everything.

@Ven: I didn't get round to testing the other tanks, but you can see here that they (or at least, the Rock16) are still not transluscent. I'll check all the tanks now and make a new post with the findings.

The 32 and the eight are suffering from the same issue, and as far as I can tell their using the right shaders and are set up the same way as the 16 tank which works like normal. The two don't even highlight when you mouse over them...

Just a quick note: I have a working set of MM configs to allow SXT to work with this.

Ven, I hate to make a request, but could you do the LV-909 as two mus, welded via MODEL nodes? So we can have the possibility of removing the toroidal tank and just having the engine and the frame stringers?

(If you're willing to do that, could you do the same for the Skipper's tankbutt, since it expands well past the diameter of the nozzle? That's lower priority though since it won't look out of place as much.)

I'm making these requests because while I need to talk to RedAV8R, I'm fully in favor of making this a required mod for Realism Overhaul...the engines (and everything else too of course, but...the engines! <3) just look so wonderful.

Sure that can be done, and if it's okay with you, may I put your patch in the OP?

Will said amazing mk2 in-line cockpit maybe come with an IVA maybe?

I'm basing the new model off of this interior, because why would I make a new one when there's a beautiful one you can have right now?

Awesome! Thanks! And yes, you certainly may! :)

Thanks!

My game won't load the SXTnerva part. It doesn't freeze, but it just won't load that part.

EDIT: I removed the NERVA folder from parts/engine. The game loads, but several of the stockven parts are white, and almost NONE of the SXT parts have good textures.

EDIT2: White textures seem to be caused by not having Part-Revamp-MM.cfg in the gamedata folder, just so you know.

Edited by GregroxMun

The SCI lab has to this date gone through four revisions, each time I finished I hated how it looked. none of the earlier models captured the ISS interior look to them, so hopefully this will be the last time I'll be redoing everything.

Is that the version you're working on now? Because that's really cool!

The problem wish ISS-alike in my mind is that modules like Columbus pretty much look like a white room with a bunch of cabinets...until they start getting used and then there's tubes and stuff velcro'd everywhere:

DSC_0715.jpg

And I could see it being a pain to add that many props.

In my mind, the best looking lab IVA out there is zzz's science lab (the one that Interstellar uses).

5tquBeS.png

Although I noticed last time that the Interstellar IVA textures were so compressed that the screens and keyboards behind just ended up looking like fuzzy blobs of color. Maybe zzz's textures are too big?

My game won't load the SXTnerva part. It doesn't freeze, but it just won't load that part.

EDIT: I removed the NERVA folder from parts/engine. The game loads, but several of the stockven parts are white, and almost NONE of the SXT parts have good textures.

EDIT2: White textures seem to be caused by not having Part-Revamp-MM.cfg in the gamedata folder, just so you know.

And still no luck after trying a few different things. Only the 5m Kerbodyne tanks seem to be okay. Almost all of the parts are screwed.

I don't think I like the fact that the aerospike truncated, although if truncating it means that you can place things underneath it now, then I wholeheartedly support the truncated aerospike.

Edit: Actually, the more I think about it, the more a truncated aerospike makes sense. So disregard everything I said. Except for the bit about it having an attachment node on the bottom.

Edited by temporalExile
Stuff

I wonder, could you do a bit higher-res/cleaner texture for Kerbodyne parts? Also, I found stock tanks too dark and too gray. IMO, they should be mostly white, like real rocket tanks usually are.

I've run into this before with model nodes. For some reason the game doesn't recognuze certain placeholder textures as valid and won't load them. Dig through the rest of SXT and swap in another MBM with a different file size, changing the name to match the files you're replacing.

Edited by somnambulist
Stupid phone

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.