[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

That might be intentional. If your thrusters are symmetrical it shouldn't cause a problem.

His thrusters ARE symmetrical, that's what he is showing in the photo. Actually, I noticed an issue with another part. Let me see if I can find it.

Here, I found it. Look at the RCS build aid window. I am thrusting DOWN. Look at the Command Pod, only the RCS thrusters on the right side are firing, and two are firing totally horizontal (they shouldn't be firing at all) , the two that are firing are an angle would be fine and balanced IF the other two thrusters on the opposite side of the Command Pod were also thrusting down. But they don't, so they just end up imparting rotational torque to the pod.

1nKkTj2.png
Edited by Ziff
Picture Added

Love these mods Ven...two things:

1.) I'm getting duplicate "Lights on/off" buttons for the pods, what did I do wrong?

2.) The .sh script is saying that it can't find the models in the Squad folder...what am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated!

Love these mods Ven...two things:

1.) I'm getting duplicate "Lights on/off" buttons for the pods, what did I do wrong?

2.) The .sh script is saying that it can't find the models in the Squad folder...what am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated!

For the first one, Did you install the last version of this mod? You might have the old Config file in your gamedata folder (the new one is inside the revamp folder now). If you do then it would cause two buttons to appear.

Well Here's what I've been working on today:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Next on the list of things to do are the wheels. I intend to have them fold, but I don't know how they should fold. Any thoughts?

Dang, I wish I was this good at 3D modelling/texturing/art in general.

This is awesome! :D

@above spaceplane post, If you're using FAR, i'd guess FAR uses the collision meshes, which Ven might of made slightly different for some parts. I'm not an expert though, so I could be way off.

Well I'm not using FAR so that's not related.

Dont' quote me on this, but if I remember correctly even in stock aero intakes produce some drag, right? If that's the case, that pod has now small intakes, which on a such small design might be causing the issue. Try opening /GameData/VenStockrevamp/Partrevamp-MM.cfg and check the mark1cockpit entry (it's right there at the beginning) and delete this:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleResourceIntake
resourceName = IntakeAir
checkForOxygen = true
area = 0.006
intakeSpeed = 10
intakeTransformName = Intake
}

RESOURCE
{
name = IntakeAir
amount = 0.5
maxAmount = 1.0
}

Or you can rework your design ;)

EDIT: woot extra RCS ports :) Do you plan on making an heavy duty 4-way set (to complement that big single you have there)? Also, do you plan to make a 5-way set (the usual 4 with an extra nozzle, normal respect to the base)?

Also, a little suggestion for extra parts: stock-alike airbrakes. Dunno if they are possible without a custom plug-in.

Edited by Sage
suggestion time

Dont' quote me on this, but if I remember correctly even in stock aero intakes produce some drag, right? If that's the case, that pod has now small intakes, which on a such small design might be causing the issue. Try opening /GameData/VenStockrevamp/Partrevamp-MM.cfg and check the mark1cockpit entry (it's right there at the beginning) and delete this:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleResourceIntake
resourceName = IntakeAir
checkForOxygen = true
area = 0.006
intakeSpeed = 10
intakeTransformName = Intake
}

RESOURCE
{
name = IntakeAir
amount = 0.5
maxAmount = 1.0
}

Or you can rework your design ;)

Thanks a lot, removing that bit did the trick. As for reworking the design; it seems the air intake part of the modified Mk1 cockpit makes it not work for small aircrafts, so I'd suggest the author look into that for the next update.

Thanks a lot, removing that bit did the trick. As for reworking the design; it seems the air intake part of the modified Mk1 cockpit makes it not work for small aircrafts, so I'd suggest the author look into that for the next update.

Aehm, I'm a bit dumb and there is actually a much easier fix: just right-click the cockpit and select "close intakes": that will have the same effect and shall leave the intakes there for bigger aircrafts.

And that's not a problem from the mod: it's just bad sticking big intakes (respect to the aircraft size) on the front, becausethey produce some drag that will have a tendency to destabilize your craft. However, I was actually able to fly something like yours, but you have to push the wings very far back, and the situation tends to go down the more fuel you use :)

EDIT: actually the intakes on the front are enough to feed a single engine. While testing, I had a little adventure with Jeb: I tried to land on the island runaway, but when I got there my little craft was very unstable, so after a couple of uncontrolled spins from which I recovered, I was able to realign myself with the mainland, but now that my craft had only pitch attitude I alligned myself for an emergency landing:

6pny9ac.png

On this exact moment libera me from hell from Gurren Lagann from my playlist kicked in, leading to an awesome finale :D the craft disassembled but the bits survived.

Results of the tests: the emissive on the jet engine are very nice!

Edited by Sage

Posting it here as well:

The latest version of Texture Replacer has broken the reflections in the various parts (probably because it does actual reflections now).

tFKmohb.jpg

I don't know why or how, as by the looks of things, the module is still the same (TRRefelection).. maybe it's the colour? I dunno.. but yeah, it's a thing, just so you're aware.

EDIT: Never mind, it's a bug with TR reflection. Carry on :)

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

His thrusters ARE symmetrical, that's what he is showing in the photo. Actually, I noticed an issue with another part. Let me see if I can find it.

Here, I found it. Look at the RCS build aid window. I am thrusting DOWN. Look at the Command Pod, only the RCS thrusters on the right side are firing, and two are firing totally horizontal (they shouldn't be firing at all) , the two that are firing are an angle would be fine and balanced IF the other two thrusters on the opposite side of the Command Pod were also thrusting down. But they don't, so they just end up imparting rotational torque to the pod.

http://i.imgur.com/1nKkTj2.png

Hey, Ven, did you see this photo I posted about the weird RCS thruster directions on the command pod?

Hey, Ven, did you see this photo I posted about the weird RCS thruster directions on the command pod?

Yes, but I'm not quite sure that RCS build aid is right, because when I was testing them they worked just fine. Did you also test this in-game?

Ziff I'm pretty sure you're not meant to use the pod RCS on its own. Some B9 cockpits also have this "problem". It's obvious the pod will pitch and yaw because the thrusters are below the CoM.

Ven I'm really impressed with most of your work (Some of the textures are not your best work).

I've noticed some jarring z-fighting when some of your tanks are stacked. Will you get back to that?

Ven I'm really impressed with most of your work (Some of the textures are not your best work).

I've noticed some jarring z-fighting when some of your tanks are stacked. Will you get back to that?

Which ones are bothering you (tanks and textures)?

Ven, there's an issue with TR reflections. You want to add reflections to emission materials, like windows, but KSP/Unity doesn't provide any reflective counterparts to emission shaders. Hence, TRReflection module has no effect on such meshes.

Ven, there's an issue with TR reflections. You want to add reflections to emission materials, like windows, but KSP/Unity doesn't provide any reflective counterparts to emission shaders. Hence, TRReflection module has no effect on such meshes.

So that's why they weren't working, Is their any any way to make them work in that case?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.