[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

I did a quick search, but didn't find -- just looking at the current VSR, and noticed the flag decal hovering a couple "inches" above the surface of the MK1 capsule. Looks kinda cool, but fairly surreal. ;)

I'm totally amazed by the fuel lines, though. Love them!

Edited by Beetlecat

On 08/02/2016 at 6:24 PM, TaintedLion said:

I don't think an IVA has been implemented yet for this part, as well as the KerbCan. IVAs are quite complex to make. I'm sure Ven will do it eventually.

That's fine - I don't mind the missing IVA view  - but I can't -EVA- either - my pilots faces don't appear at the bottom right of the UI at all when I used that pod. That doesn't seem normal.

Wemb

13 minutes ago, Wemb said:

That's fine - I don't mind the missing IVA view  - but I can't -EVA- either - my pilots faces don't appear at the bottom right of the UI at all when I used that pod. That doesn't seem normal.

Wemb

If you want to EVA, you mouse over the hatch, then click Crew Hatch, then your kerbonaut to EVA.

Does anyone think the Mk2 "VA" Command Pod is a bit OP? Currently is weighs ~1.86 tons and hosts 2 kerbals, whereas the Mk2 Lander Can weighs ~2.66 tons and also hosts 2 kerbals. "VA" also has a much higher impact tolerance and heat capacity, not to mention a lower price. Perhaps the only downside is that it has less torque. So when playing I never use the Mk2 Lander Can since the "VA" is better in almost every way I can think of...... :P

3 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

@VenHow do I do that?

Where in the config?

Inside one of the SDHI Service module folders there's a config that adds the umbilical plug to the command pod. you need to open the config file and delete something like this:

MODEL{ 

model = squad/parts/command/Mk1-2Pod/model

}

Or at least that's what I think it said. its been several months since i looked through SDHI. It should be the first MODEL{} node provided in the config.

Just now, Ven said:

Inside one of the SDHI Service module folders there's a config that adds the umbilical plug to the command pod. you need to open the config file and delete something like this:

MODEL{ 

model = squad/parts/command/Mk1-2Pod/model

}

Or at least that's what I think it said. its been several months since i looked through SDHI. It should be the first MODEL{} node provided in the config.

Ohhhhh....

Firstly, let me say I like (almost entirely), what you've done. Your engines are gorgeous. Unfortunately, taking off the top butts (or whatever they're called) on the skipper/terrier/etc makes it so they look weird with fuel tanks from, say, KW Rocketry, which don't have naturally flush end pieces, but that can't be helped I guess, since most tanks do.

Some bad news: I use the mod Colored Fuel Lines, which allows you to switch the skin colors of the fuel lines (as the mod title would suggest, heh). Your mod over rides that. Not a problem I said, and I decided to perform mod surgery. I removed "FuelPipe.mu" and looked around for a config file to hack away at. Utility-PathPatches.cfg was my victim, and I commented out:

///@MODEL,* {
    ///    @model ^= :^Squad/Parts/CompoundParts/fuelLine/fuelLine:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/CompoundParts/FuelPipe:
///    }

Satisfied with my butchery, I loaded my game up and...bad stuff happened. Like really bad. "Vessel loading errors" everywhere. That tourist contract to take a rocket load of school children to the Mun with Val? They're all dead now. My Minmus and Mun landers? Deleted. Wreckage everywhere, little green bodies strewn about and...okay maybe not that last part.

So...what did I do wrong? Is there another config I need to savage or was my implementation just haphazard?

Anyway, I like the mod - it's different, but not enough to be too far from stock. Biggest improvement are engines in my opinions, the detailing is fantastic. Solar panels look great too (although I was a bit surprised you changed the dimensions).

Cheers.

(p.s. Jeb is fine.)

1 hour ago, NathanKell said:

You also need to comment out the actual bit that patches the fuel line part.

Thanks for the quick response, but could you maybe be a be a little more specific?

Did I not comment out the above fully? Is there another line within the same config (searching "fuelLine" turns up just that entry)? Is there another config (most likely this)?

In the mean time, I reverted my changes and everything works fine again (even brought the revived school children home from their two moon field trip successfully!).

Thanks again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.