[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

On 5/8/2016 at 2:06 PM, [email protected] said:

Hey Ven!! :D 

Awesome looking Mod!! love the new look and more realistic parts but still keeps in tocuh with the original stock part esthetics - 

just one small detail 

The docking ports doesnt seem to work for me very well. It's like the bumpers are always active when i dock so the to vehicles i try to dock dont actually dock unless i made them so in the VAB or SVB

is there any fix for this and if so would someone care to explain the solotion :D otherwise id love to see that in a future update! :D 

I had the same problem.   R u running KOAS as well... This mod was causing the conflict for me.   I removed it and all was well.   

If your not using it look for a for that makes adjustments to the docking ports specifically. 

Hope this helps :)

Quick bug question... I was launching a rocket and it kept flipping over at 10k... After much redesign I discovered that KER was reporting a 5+ kn torque and the torque was coming from the mk1-2 pod.   I replaced the pod and the torque dropped to zero, the pod seems unbalanced. 

Anyone seen this one b4?  

1 hour ago, gunt3rgam3r said:

I had the same problem.   R u running KOAS as well... This mod was causing the conflict for me.   I removed it and all was well.   

Same here, fixed by removing KOAS.

hello! After a whole bunch of searching I found a tiny typo in the in the 1.9.2 version "extra structural parts.cfg" file where the Panel3x3 is named structuralPanel2 (ie the same name as the Panel2x2) resulting in an un-purchasable part requires purchase situation for anyone playing career with entry purchase selected.

It's an easy fix to rename this part in the config file yourself (//or to comment it out all together!) I hope this helps anyone else who got stuck :)

I held off until KSP 1.1 could provide 64-bit Windows support.

And now I kinda wish I hadn't, because I'm blown away at the detail.

I'm actually giddy at how the docking ports now look. Heck, I'm giddy at how pretty much everything looks.

Well done, Ven!

Is this mod incompatible with Kerbal Joint Reinforcement? i was launching a rocket with a mk1 command pod and when i launched. KJR stabilized the craft and when it was done the craft started flying up in the air slowly with the command pod detached... the mk1 was in the same place as launch but separated from the craft... but the parachutes were attached to an invisible pod! also i removed this mod and it was fixed... any help? i have a .log if needed...thanks in advance

3 hours ago, Thorman said:

Is this mod incompatible with Kerbal Joint Reinforcement? i was launching a rocket with a mk1 command pod and when i launched. KJR stabilized the craft and when it was done the craft started flying up in the air slowly with the command pod detached... the mk1 was in the same place as launch but separated from the craft... but the parachutes were attached to an invisible pod! also i removed this mod and it was fixed... any help? i have a .log if needed...thanks in advance

I run with many, many mods including both Ven's and KJR. I have never seen this issue.

3 hours ago, Thorman said:

I use KJR just fine. You're probably getting Null Ref spam, a log would help yeah

edit: I've seen the parachute issue, but it's not specific to ven's or KJR, but to Null Ref's in general

Edited by Deimos Rast

Ven! Great work! Just started using your mod.

FIXED!! - Question on the LV900 and LV909 shroud: It looks like the shroud on the LV900 and LV909 are the wrong size. When I'm attaching them to 1.5M fuel tanks the shroud extends well beyond the diameter of the tanks. Is there a setting I have to change to make the shroud match the 1.5M tanks?

Thanks!

WOW! Just realized there are two snap points with each engine with different cowlings...you ROCK!!!

Edited by tjt

1 hour ago, CodeFantastic said:

There seems to be a problem with the attachment nodes, they're way to deep in the engine nozzles. Especially in the swivel.

I noticed that too, but didn't attribute it to the Revamp. Is it the reason?

CTT Configs:

A long time ago, I made a quick patch that made a few things that added a new config to this mod. This basically implemented the new parts added with Ven's Stock Part Revamp to Community Tech Tree. Things like the Dachhound engine are unlocked before the reliant, and a couple changes with the SRBs. The Mk2VA cockpit is also unlocked before the MK2 (stock) cockpit, and the 2.5m Nova Nuclear engine is unlocked after the current 1.25m nuclear engine. This is for a sense of progression of engines. The Dachhound engine is much worse than the reliant/swivel, so it should be unlocked before.

To install:

First download and install Community Tech Tree (CTT) --> DOWNLOAD

Just download the file from Space Dock --> DOWNLOAD

And install it normally by extracting the gamedata folder within the file into the KSP directory. 

This patch works on all versions of KSP. 

Hey. Is there a way to remove the hatches on the Cupola module. I don't mind if it means the rest of the texture goes back to normal, but I want to keep the lights. Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Benji13

Was it intentional that the configs do not seem to include the following Landing Legs:

• GameData\VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\LandingLegs\LandingGear_CLR
  • GameData\VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\LandingLegs\LT-1
  • GameData\VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\LandingLegs\LT-2
  • GameData\VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts\LandingLegs\LT-05

They do not appear to be in the either the Utility or Structural config files and seeing as the Pruner files rename the stock models to .mu.bak as they should, it results in no lander legs being available in the game.

Awesome mod! Everything looks amazing. Only question I have is are the solar panels supposed to be black or is something wrong on my side? They look nice none the less but I guess I just preferred their blue look.

5 hours ago, thekiaman said:

Awesome mod! Everything looks amazing. Only question I have is are the solar panels supposed to be black or is something wrong on my side? They look nice none the less but I guess I just preferred their blue look.

Yep they're meant to be like that. Much more realistic. The darker the colour, the more light the material tends to absorb, which is probably what you want in a solar panel.

On ‎2016‎-‎05‎-‎16 at 0:22 AM, darvo110 said:

Yep they're meant to be like that. Much more realistic. The darker the colour, the more light the material tends to absorb, which is probably what you want in a solar panel.

Well, not necessarily more realistic. More solar panels are dark blue than totally black, but both are used. Black panels do absorb more light as you say, but  they don't produce much more electricity.

From what I've read on a couple of sites (such as http://pveducation.org/pvcdrom/solar-cell-operation/quantum-efficiency )solar panels are best at absorbing the colours in the middle of the spectrum (the "OYG" portion of the "ROYGBIV" spectrum). So they get less and less useful energy as you get into shorter wave lengths, i.e as you get farther into the blue/indigo/violet colours. So in some cases they don't bother collecting that light and whatever light isn't absorbed gets reflected, hence the dark bluish color of many solar panels.

What ever energy of absorbed light that isn't converted into electricity would become heat energy, which is why solar panels contribute significantly to vessel heating in KSP, and a big part of why the I.S.S. has a lot of radiators. So while blue light has more energy, less gets converted into electricity and more into heat. So I assume you might actually be better off giving up a bit of electricity if it means generating less heat.

I seem to be randomly crashing in the VAB when I remove/add parts that this mod changes.

It's definitely this mod that's causing it because I can't replicate the crash when it's not installed.

My mod list:

Spoiler

{
    "kind": "metapackage",
    "abstract": "A list of modules installed on the default KSP instance",
    "name": "installed-default",
    "license": "unknown",
    "version": "2016.05.17.05.45.39",
    "identifier": "installed-default",
    "spec_version": "v1.6",
    "depends": [
        {
            "name": "MechJeb2",
            "version": "2.5.7.0"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbalAlarmClock",
            "version": "v3.6.2.1"
        },
        {
            "name": "SmokeScreen",
            "version": "2.6.15.0"
        },
        {
            "name": "RasterPropMonitor",
            "version": "1:v0.26.0"
        },
        {
            "name": "KAS",
            "version": "0.5.7"
        },
        {
            "name": "SpaceY-Expanded",
            "version": "1.1.9"
        },
        {
            "name": "Impact",
            "version": "v1.4.2"
        },
        {
            "name": "TriggerAu-Flags",
            "version": "v2.7.4.0"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbalEngineerRedux",
            "version": "1.1.1.0"
        },
        {
            "name": "RasterPropMonitor-Core",
            "version": "1:v0.26.0"
        },
        {
            "name": "FirespitterCore",
            "version": "v7.2.4"
        },
        {
            "name": "RemoteTech",
            "version": "v1.7.0"
        },
        {
            "name": "CommunityTechTree",
            "version": "1:2.4"
        },
        {
            "name": "SpaceY-Lifters",
            "version": "1.12.6"
        },
        {
            "name": "SCANsat",
            "version": "v16.1"
        },
        {
            "name": "KIS",
            "version": "1.2.9"
        },
        {
            "name": "InfernalRobotics",
            "version": "v2.0.4"
        },
        {
            "name": "Chatterer",
            "version": "0.9.8"
        },
        {
            "name": "CommunityResourcePack",
            "version": "0.5.2.0"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractConfigurator-RemoteTech",
            "version": "2.0.2"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractConfigurator",
            "version": "1.11.5"
        },
        {
            "name": "HideEmptyTechNodes",
            "version": "0.4"
        },
        {
            "name": "CommunityNavballDockingIndicator",
            "version": "1.0.1a"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbalJointReinforcement",
            "version": "v3.1.7"
        },
        {
            "name": "NavballUpDefault",
            "version": "v0.2.2"
        },
        {
            "name": "LSPFlags",
            "version": "v2.0"
        },
        {
            "name": "SDHI-SharedAssets",
            "version": "1.0"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureSolar-Core",
            "version": "0.6.1"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureSolar",
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFuturePropulsion",
            "version": "0.7.1"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureElectrical-Core",
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureElectrical",
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureConstruction",
        },
        {
            "name": "HeatControl",
            "version": "0.3.1"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerboKatzUtilities",
            "version": "1.3.7"
        },
        {
            "name": "TweakScale",
            "version": "v2.2.11"
        },
        {
            "name": "ControlLock",
            "version": "1.5"
        },
        {
            "name": "MechJebForAll",
            "version": "1.2.0.0"
        },
        {
            "name": "Toolbar",
            "version": "1.7.12"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractConfigurator-ContractPack-SCANsat",
            "version": "v0.6.0.1"
        },
        {
            "name": "StockBugFixPlus",
            "version": "v1.1.2b.1"
        },
        {
            "name": "ProceduralFairings",
            "version": "v3.17"
        },
        {
            "name": "ProceduralParts",
            "version": "v1.2.3"
        },
        {
            "name": "KWRocketryRedux-InstantPwr",
            "version": "3.0.7"
        },
        {
            "name": "EditorExtensionsRedux",
            "version": "3.2.10"
        },
        {
            "name": "VensStylePPTextures",
            "version": "1.1"
        },
        {
            "name": "KWRocketryRedux",
            "version": "3.0.7"
        }
    ]
}

It probably is something I've done wrong, but I can't seem to find it. If anyone have some ideas, please share.

The mod looks great from what I've seen and I really want to use it.

This problem fixed it self after some tinkering with the save and after some reinstalls. Dont know what happend.

Edited by Lagom

6 hours ago, EatVacuum said:

Well, not necessarily more realistic. More solar panels are dark blue than totally black, but both are used. Black panels do absorb more light as you say, but  they don't produce much more electricity.

From what I've read on a couple of sites (such as http://pveducation.org/pvcdrom/solar-cell-operation/quantum-efficiency )solar panels are best at absorbing the colours in the middle of the spectrum (the "OYG" portion of the "ROYGBIV" spectrum). So they get less and less useful energy as you get into shorter wave lengths, i.e as you get farther into the blue/indigo/violet colours. So in some cases they don't bother collecting that light and whatever light isn't absorbed gets reflected, hence the dark bluish color of many solar panels.

What ever energy of absorbed light that isn't converted into electricity would become heat energy, which is why solar panels contribute significantly to vessel heating in KSP, and a big part of why the I.S.S. has a lot of radiators. So while blue light has more energy, less gets converted into electricity and more into heat. So I assume you might actually be better off giving up a bit of electricity if it means generating less heat.

There are different types of PV-Cells and nowadays they're mostly light-weight thin-film cells of different amorphous/cristalline material combinations. They seem to be black.

Here is an older studie of NASA from 1988, I think: http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19890016670.pdf

To show todays layouts you can find several providers, e.g. http://www.azurspace.com/index.php/en/products/products-space/space-solar-cells

Edited by funk

3 hours ago, funk said:

There are different types of PV-Cells and nowadays they're mostly light-weight thin-film cells of different amorphous/cristalline material combinations. They seem to be black.

Here is an older studie of NASA from 1988, I think: http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19890016670.pdf

To show todays layouts you can find several providers, e.g. http://www.azurspace.com/index.php/en/products/products-space/space-solar-cells

h

Hmmm, black seems to be more common in newer stuff.  So I guess reason to go with blue is really only that it shows up better against the darkness of space. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.