[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

1 hour ago, gamerscircle said:

Can someone confirm is this is due to a CKAN install or not?  I know two peeps where one was impacted by a panel bug [couldn't align them] whom used CKAN and someone else that did a manual update [deleted the whole folder ] and has no issues.

On seeing your post, (I had used CKAN to install) I deleted my revamp folder, downloaded a fresh copy of 1.9.3 and copied it into gamedata.

The solar panel issue was still present in the editor - the angle was offset and the panels already deployed and un-retractable.

2 hours ago, Tfin said:

Are you using version 1.9.3? If so, try to get 1.9.2.

I have been having the exact same issue, and have been attempting to remove the Ven's version of docking ports - this sounds much more preferable, though!

Where can I get my mitts on 1.9.2?

I actually already have version 1.9.2. Would upgrading to 1.9.3 be preferable, or are there earlier versions that are operable? Or should I continue attempting to butcher Ven's docking ports?

Edited by rafty4

2 hours ago, rafty4 said:

I have been having the exact same issue, and have been attempting to remove the Ven's version of docking ports - this sounds much more preferable, though!

Where can I get my mitts on 1.9.2?

I actually already have version 1.9.2. Would upgrading to 1.9.3 be preferable, or are there earlier versions that are operable? Or should I continue attempting to butcher Ven's docking ports?

Its seems there are some bugs in 1.9.3, 1.9.2 seems fully functional. I don't have any problem with the docking port bumpers in 1.9.2, except for:

@Ven In case you don't already know, the docking bumpers do not seem to be compatible with SDHI Service Module System's docking-ports-with-parachutes - the bumper is pre-extended and un-retractable, preventing docking.

No big deal, just a heads-up :)

Hey, @Ven, more interesting problems.

1.9.2 mod and 1.1.2 aero. I've been using the LES booster cover in 1.0.5 with no major issues. However, I've just spent three evenings straight trying to get my first 2.5 m ship in orbit, fitted with that part. It had a 100% chance to flip, which appears to have been caused by the boost cover creating a metric frakton of head-on drag; as soon as I ditched it and used a regular fairing, all issues disappeared.

21325ABBEE973982EFED7FC22B8A0F0246C85DCA32B8EA7CB871155A546FB1A4C11C2A4DA97B2FFASo, it's definitely not acting as an aerodynamic fairing.

11 minutes ago, DDE said:

Hey, @Ven, more interesting problems.

1.9.2 mod and 1.1.2 aero. I've been using the LES booster cover in 1.0.5 with no major issues. However, I've just spent three evenings straight trying to get my first 2.5 m ship in orbit, fitted with that part. It had a 100% chance to flip, which appears to have been caused by the boost cover creating a metric frakton of head-on drag; as soon as I ditched it and used a regular fairing, all issues disappeared.

So, it's definitely not acting as an aerodynamic fairing.

@DDE Were you using the para docking port by any chance?  I've found that anything with a custom drag cube from before 1.1 has drag issues.  I think this is probably why you were flipping.  The fact that the regular fairing fixes this for you is sort of interesting.  The booster cover probably acts more like a nose cone than a fairing.  I was able to fix this by using module manager to remove the drag cube, but I've only tried doing it with Realchutes installed, so I'm not sure if it causes problems with stock parachutes.

6 hours ago, drswagboss said:

Reverted, still no luck retracting those bumpers, toggle does nothing.

I found that there is actually a second bumper inside that ring which does retract upon command. I've no idea what's going on with the big ring, as it's not visible inside the VAB.

I think I'm just going to remove the docking port from Vens by going into VenStockRevamp/PathPatches/utility-pathpatches.cfg until it's been fixed.;.;

5 hours ago, Nightside said:

Did you delete your Module Manager Cache?

Where do I find this?

15 hours ago, Kron said:

@DDE Were you using the para docking port by any chance?  I've found that anything with a custom drag cube from before 1.1 has drag issues.  I think this is probably why you were flipping.  The fact that the regular fairing fixes this for you is sort of interesting.  The booster cover probably acts more like a nose cone than a fairing.  I was able to fix this by using module manager to remove the drag cube, but I've only tried doing it with Realchutes installed, so I'm not sure if it causes problems with stock parachutes.

I'm a RemoteChute user too. And it's obviously more of a nosecone. Care to share the config?

5 hours ago, rafty4 said:

Where do I find this?

The Module Manager cache file is in Game Data. Its a good idea to delete it whenever you delete a large mod.It will automatically regenerate next time you start the game.

Hello world and sorry for my bad english !

Could someone explain to me how I can use this mod, but still keep some squad textures ?

I like the revamp but for example, i prefer the yellow stock fuel duct !  Or The OX-4L are more larger

So how to keep some stock textures and some revamp textures... and of course keep added parts !

Thanks

Edited by Atmoz

18 hours ago, DDE said:

I'm a RemoteChute user too. And it's obviously more of a nosecone. Care to share the config?

Yeah, its mostly cosmetic.  As far as the parachute, you might try:

@PART[ParaDockingPort]
{
	!DRAG_CUBE {}
}

^ I believe they're meant to be for soft docking, which essentially means that you come up to dock but before you actually "dock", you soft-dock via the bumpers which allows you to adjust your crafts rotation relative to its target (so you can line up solar panels, radiators, etc) without having to do so in route to dock, essentially saving you time and tedium. 

Fantastic deal, here! I'm loving Realism Overhaul, and I always have to avoid everything stock because they just look really weird right next to real-looking parts.

Now I don't think I'll have to avoid most of the parts any more! Lol.

p2wMQeg.jpg

What visual mods are you using? That looks amazing!

In toying with 1.9.2, I noticed that the LV-T15 has off-center thrust, causing some serious thrust torque. It's enough to require the player to actively fight it to stay straight with simple rockets, such as a pod, two FL-T800's and an engine.

Unfortunately there's no useful changelog for 1.9.3, and I'm a bit wary about installing it after reading the reports of stuff breaking in last few pages of this thread. So I'll try asking instead: can anyone confirm or deny whether or not the LV-T15 still has thrust torque? Both KER and RCS Build Aid should show it.

I'm not sure if it's the LVT15, it could be the command pod. Ven moves the center of mass of both the mk1 and mk1-2 to make them off-center. You can edit the patch in VenStocRevamp/Squad/Parts/Command.cfg to change it back, just set "CoMOffset" to all 0s

10 hours ago, G'th said:

^ I believe they're meant to be for soft docking, which essentially means that you come up to dock but before you actually "dock", you soft-dock via the bumpers which allows you to adjust your crafts rotation relative to its target (so you can line up solar panels, radiators, etc) without having to do so in route to dock, essentially saving you time and tedium. 

I'm not sure about rotation, it's more about a mechanical grip and power coupling, but here's a clip!

There's a mod with that sound effect, BTW.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.