[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

I really like the look of this pack. It got me using the stock parts again, and it's a blessing on my BTSM save. The poodle is looking particularly awesome, especially compared to the butt-ugly stock one. ;)

Also, didn't this ram intake made the cut? dKWGAld.jpg

Edited by Sage

I really like the look of this pack. It got me using the stock parts again, and it's a blessing on my BTSM save. The poodle is looking particularly awesome, especially compared to the butt-ugly stock one. ;)

Also, didn't this ram intake made the cut? http://i.imgur.com/dKWGAld.jpg

The poodle engine wasn't altered...was it? In my game it looks exactly the same as stock.

I don't know how good Steams Verify Cache function is - you're probably better off deleting the Squad folder and then verifying. And if you have no other mods that add or change stuff to that Squad folder (like KW Rocketry and the launch clamp sounds), you'll be fine.

Thanks for reply. Did that, all is good.

The poodle engine wasn't altered...was it? In my game it looks exactly the same as stock.

Yup, I worded that terribly, I meant the preview he posted a of it a couple of pages ago.

This one to be precise:

Iui0urf.png

No new 'Poodle' as of yet.

I really like the look of this pack. It got me using the stock parts again, and it's a blessing on my BTSM save. The poodle is looking particularly awesome, especially compared to the butt-ugly stock one. :wink:

The ram intake wasn't included because the SPP parts already had a shock cone intake. Currently the Ram Intake is back at the drawing board waiting for an Idea to work off of.

What ever happened to that Science Lab IVA?

It's being worked on... Slowly.

Hi there,

Just tried this mod and it looks absolutely gorgeous! I have one small suggestion though: The mk1 Fuselage - Intake is tricky to attach radially, because the intake part gets embedded into the part you attach it to. I think the fix is really simple, in Squad/Parts/Mk1/mk1fuselageintake.cfg, just change this line:

node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, -51.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1

to this:

node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 51.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 1

or alternatively, rotate the model 180 degrees.

Looking forward to playing with this more!

I just remembered something. The 2.5m RCS tank remodelel seems to be excluded from the latest releases. What gives? I know I disagree with the way you remade the part's design, but It's still higher quality than the stock one.
It's still there.

Revamp 1.4/Gamedata/Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSFuelTankR25

Has the node offset been fixed?

Yeah, the Hitchhiker and Lander Can should be fixed if you redownload and reinstall the pack (I haven't had the chance to, I've been working on getting my Hackintosh back up to speed for the Yosemite update)

I just remembered something. The 2.5m RCS tank remodelel seems to be excluded from the latest releases. What gives? I know I disagree with the way you remade the part's design, but It's still higher quality than the stock one.
It's still there.

Revamp 1.4/Gamedata/Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSFuelTankR25

The 2.5m tank somehow got left out on this update. I don't really know how though.

I know the spaceplane+ parts have a shock cone, but can you throw this intake into the extra parts thing?

The redone rocket engines are really nice!

I especially like the end-clamp part (Sorry about my English I'm not sure how to say this).

This part.

f1b9f8d1f9.jpg

Makes the engine fit to 2.5m or 3.75m parts a lot less ugly.

Also, could you possible share any texturing methods you use? :)(Pretty please)

I love this mod, but I am having some issues with textures on some parts. Specifically the X200-16, X200-8, FL-R10, Turbojet, Cylindrified Mono, Roundified Mono, and the FL-A5 Adapter (the small one). Also the turbojet node is farther out than it should be.

All that I did was drag and drop the Squad folder from the Revamp folder and replace all. Anybody else having this issue?

Here is a picture to show what I mean:

CDQymLz.png

I love this mod, but I am having some issues with textures on some parts. Specifically the X200-16, X200-8, FL-R10, Turbojet, Cylindrified Mono, Roundified Mono, and the FL-A5 Adapter (the small one). Also the turbojet node is farther out than it should be.

All that I did was drag and drop the Squad folder from the Revamp folder and replace all. Anybody else having this issue?

http://i.imgur.com/CDQymLz.png

The turbojet may be bugging out due to Hotrockets+ Smokescreen.

And did you include the ModuleManager DLL? Are you using the most up to date one (2.5.1+)?

Have you tried reloading via MM? (alt+f11 at the space center)?

The textures there are probably tga, which are prone (in 0.25) to a bug where the diffuse texture may or may not load properly.

So I tried removing Hotrockets + Smokescreen, I am using ModuleManager 2.5.1, and I tried reloading MM, but was only able to get the Turbojet texture back....darn 'cause I like hotrockets lol....

Somehow it seems that the RCS and 2.5m tanks are not referring to the correct texture.

Also, is the 2.5m RCS tank still supposed to be different? Mine is now the stock one again haha.

^And I checked the textures for the issue parts, and they are all .mbm

Edited by Quiznos323

I know the spaceplane+ parts have a shock cone, but can you throw this intake into the extra parts thing?

Ok, I'll do that.

The redone rocket engines are really nice!

I especially like the end-clamp part (Sorry about my English I'm not sure how to say this).

This part.

http://puu.sh/csYQU/f1b9f8d1f9.jpg

Makes the engine fit to 2.5m or 3.75m parts a lot less ugly.

Also, could you possible share any texturing methods you use? :)(Pretty please)

The best I can probably do to help is to let you see the original file itself:

Here's the LV-T30/45 texture for refrence.

two tips that I wish I knew long ago: reuse old layers for your specular and bump maps, saves you a lot of time and everything matches in the end. Then combine the spec map with your main color texture using masks. (instead of manually erasing by hand)

The textures there are probably tga, which are prone (in 0.25) to a bug where the diffuse texture may or may not load properly.

Most of the textures are MBM's including the tanks.

So I tried removing Hotrockets + Smokescreen, I am using ModuleManager 2.5.1, and I tried reloading MM, but was only able to get the Turbojet texture back....darn 'cause I like hotrockets lol....

Somehow it seems that the RCS and 2.5m tanks are not referring to the correct texture.

Also, is the 2.5m RCS tank still supposed to be different? Mine is now the stock one again haha.

I can't really say whats going on then. Maybe restarting your game will help? The 2.5m RCS tank got left out for some reason, got stage fright or something like that.

I think it's because you're missing a file called "Part Revamp-MM.cfg". The file is in the download but it's not in the Squad folder, and it happens to affect all of the parts you appear to be having texture problems with. Try extracting that file from the download and see if it fixes the issue!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.