[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Is there any reason this doesn't officially support 1.3? I loaded it on a 1.3 game and it seems to function just fine. Anyways, I really like how the aesthetic of this mod almost perfectly matches that of Near Future technologies. Some other things I've noticed is that IndicatorLights LEDs obviously don't work with the new, (imo) boring science pieces (I just deleted the references to their models in the plugin). Also, the M700 survey scanner model is vertically distended (might have just been an anomaly on my end?) which I also removed for the time being. Anyways, great mod!

3 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

what I'm saying is that this question has been asked several times before and if you use the search bar (which will only look at posts in this thread) you can find the answer for yourself

I did try the search bar before asking myself, and didn't get anything meaningful from it, alas.

@toric5, the SoftTankLH2 config that you wrote that recently got merged into the main branch, it seems to throw up 4 Module Manager errors upon load. Is the new variable that you instantiate in the config functioning correctly, are you getting the same 4 errors?

15 hours ago, Poodmund said:

@toric5, the SoftTankLH2 config that you wrote that recently got merged into the main branch, it seems to throw up 4 Module Manager errors upon load. Is the new variable that you instantiate in the config functioning correctly, are you getting the same 4 errors?

you are right. funny. It was working a while back, lemme see what i changed. also just realized i forgot to add costs to the patch

EDIT: Never mind. its because the patch for adding fuel to the size 2 NTR hasnt been merged yet.

Edited by toric5

On 8/25/2017 at 10:00 PM, TheRagingIrishman said:

what I'm saying is that this question has been asked several times before and if you use the search bar (which will only look at posts in this thread) you can find the answer for yourself

could you help me, I want the stock antennae but want everything else vens, what do I delete? I've looked in the vens folder and can't find a communications folder, idk under what comms are

What I did to reset the fuel cells, science, survey scanner, and solar panels to stock:

• Remove references to the model in the PathPatches folder from the appropriate file(s). in my case, Electrical-PathPatches.cfg, and Utility-PathPatches.cfg. 
  • In Squad/Parts, remove the entries from Electrical.cfg and Utility.cfg.

Doing both might be redundant but I had mixed results when only doing one at a time. The config names for stock parts are easily found on the wiki. Antennae appear to be located only in Utility, but I might be wrong there.

The LV-T "Dachshund" engine was a great idea. Using the ablator to limit the runtime really appeals to me.

However: It's runtime is close to 7 minutes. Way too much for a booster engine, it's not a limitation as supposed to be. I changed it's config to use ablator at a rate of 0.045 instead of 0.01 so it has a maximum burn time of just over 90 seconds. 

Take this as a suggestion for a minor fix.

Edited by Physics Student

24 minutes ago, MerlinsMaster said:

I just installed this mod, and the orange tank is not orange anymore, yet it is orange in the preview pics.  When did that change?  And would you be willing to offer a patch that brings the orange tank back?

The orange tank now is called Cryogenic Tank. The Rockomax 2.5m got repainted to the greyish look. The orange tanks are kind of a bonus part series :)

11 minutes ago, Theysen said:

The orange tank now is called Cryogenic Tank. The Rockomax 2.5m got repainted to the greyish look. The orange tanks are kind of a bonus part series :)

Oh, okay.  Is that included in the revamp, because I did notice that there were additional parts?

Yeah for better or for worse, there are a lot of additional and/or retconned parts. Personally I restored the old Jumbo myself because it's just that iconic, but that was before I noticed the cryo tanks, so now the game just kinda exists with both looking the same lmao.

Some posts have been hidden here, due to inappropriate content.

Folks, some gentle reminders:

• Name-calling is never okay, no matter how mad you are or how egregious you think the other person is.  This violates forum rule 2.2.d.  It's not nice.  Please don't do it.
  • If you see someone posting something that seems to you to be so inappropriate that it's actually breaking forum rules, don't accuse them.  It's not your place, and you're not the authority.  This is called "backseat moderating" and is, itself, against the rules (3.2).  Instead of responding, just report the post so that a moderator can look into the matter.  It's what we're for.
  • Don't make personal attacks.  If you take issue with what someone else has written, please address the post, not the poster.  For example, reacting to this post the person has made just now is fine, but criticizing the person's posting habits is not, because then you're going after the person.  And this, too, strays into the moderators' turf-- it's not your place to label someone as a habitual offender.  Again, if you think someone is showing an inappropriate pattern of behavior over time:  don't attack them, just report them and put appropriate comments in your report.

Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.