[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

I have a problem with Ven's in that it is modifying my config files with it's own data.

Specifically, I have a mod, the Kurrikane, which reuses a number of stock models and replaces the textures with my own.  This is done both for ease of identification in the editor, and to keep all the parts in the mod a consistent color scheme.

Ven's has this file, PathPatches.cfg, which just replaces all references to squad models with it's own.  This is extremely rude and breaks any mod which depends on the stock squad models.

So, 

Is there any way I can add a config to my mod which would disable Ven's from touching it?  The only way I can come up with right now is to add a new config which will run after the Ven's patch and revert the changes.  This is messy, and should be unnecessary.

Probably the 'best' solution all around (since this behavior is useful for people pruning the unused original models or with welded parts) is to do something like I did for SMURFF, where the first line of the patch is changed to:

@PART[*]:HAS[~VSRexclude[*rue]]:FOR[zzzVSRPathPatch] {

[patches]

}

Then you'd have a patch like:

@PART[whatever_parts]:BEFORE[zzzVSRPathPatch]
{
	VSRexclude = true
}

8 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Probably the 'best' solution all around (since this behavior is useful for people pruning the unused original models or with welded parts) is to do something like I did for SMURFF, where the first line of the patch is changed to:

@PART[*]:HAS[~VSRexclude[*rue]]:FOR[zzzVSRPathPatch] {

[patches]

}

Then you'd have a patch like:

@PART[whatever_parts]:BEFORE[zzzVSRPathPatch]
{
	VSRexclude = true
}

Right, but this is for my mod, I can't ask people to do that.

I've added a small patch which essentially reverts the changes in my parts.  works well, just annoyed by it.  Not annoyed at you, since this predated you.  But a mod like this should intrude into other mods, it should at limit itself to Squad cfg files.

On 2/15/2018 at 11:47 AM, fourfa said:

@Zuthor The Ven's configs for the small 0.625 node-mount chutes are bugged.  The Mk16 is supposed to be a main chute but is mistakenly config'ed as a drogue chute, the Mk26 drogue has the stats of a main chute but the light weight and lower cost of a drogue.  One of many errors that have never been corrected despite years of ignored bug reports in this thread.  Best you can do is fix it up yourself if you can.

I posted a fix for this sometime further back in the thread. I'll look at reposting it when I get home tonight.

55 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Right, but this is for my mod, I can't ask people to do that.

I've added a small patch which essentially reverts the changes in my parts.  works well, just annoyed by it.  Not annoyed at you, since this predated you.  But a mod like this should intrude into other mods, it should at limit itself to Squad cfg files.

I meant my suggestion as something for Ven to do -- I've opened a PR to the repo on GitHub.

Sorry if this is a simple problem because I haven't modded KSP in pretty much years. Anyway I'm a bit confused about the 2m probe core, the SAS seems to be bugged and it makes my crafts rock side to side when SAS is on. Could this be an incompatibility with another mod? I have Station Parts Redux, Texture Replacer Replaced, Taurus Capsule, EVE, Scatterer, RealPlume, Planetshine, WindowShine, Loading Screen Manager, and Module Manager 3.0.1.

5 hours ago, ChickenBot448 said:

I think the mod might be messing with anything stock, because when i go and try to load up a saved craft using the overhaul, it says it has invalid parts. I know that they are there because i can see the damm parts! 

Well, yes, that's what this mod does, is change many of the stock parts

On 22/02/2018 at 1:55 AM, A_name said:

I would like to have this mod only for re texturing the stock parts without changing their performance or adding new parts. Is that a possibility?

I can't agree more with you ! That is my wish too !

It gives me the feel that the added parts are like "cheats" regarding my progress through the game. Plus, I don't want to "compromise" my ships with the added parts, in case I uninstall the mod someday. Not to mention the fact that I have another install of the game on a different PC, and it is vanilla...

I wish I could have only the stock parts, but with the stunning re-textures. Is that possible ?

1 hour ago, Winduck said:

It gives me the feel that the added parts are like "cheats" regarding my progress through the game. Plus, I don't want to "compromise" my ships with the added parts, in case I uninstall the mod someday. Not to mention the fact that I have another install of the game on a different PC, and it is vanilla...

I wish I could have only the stock parts, but with the stunning re-textures. Is that possible ?

You can certainly go through the parts and delete the ones you dont want. As far as I can tell, there's no download for retextures only.

Alternatively, if you use the Unmanned Before Manned tech tree, the parts are put into tech nodes that make them balanced with what ia already there, IIRC.

On 2/21/2018 at 9:55 PM, A_name said:

I would like to have this mod only for re texturing the stock parts without changing their performance or adding new parts. Is that a possibility?

1 hour ago, Winduck said:

I didn't want some of the re-textures, and some of the new parts. I usually use Janitors Closet for this, but since a lot of things in this mod is added by patches, it's not a good idea. But it's useful to filter some of that parts that revamp adds. Some of them are marked as "squad" (stock), but are added by the mod.

What I did:

Used a install that I have only to test mods. It has only basic mods like HyperEdit, Janitor, TweakScale, Real Plumes (to see if the parts are compatible or not), etc. It loads in seconds, instead of the minutes of my Main Install.

Used Notepad++ to see and edit the contents of the .cfgs files. Most of the mods receive the new model on the .cfgs in: GameData\VenStockRevamp\PathPatches and delete the stock ones in: GameData\VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts. This is also where the parts have their stats modified. If you don't want some remodel, you have to delete the entries related to that part in both cfgs. Some stats, only the second one. The order they are displayed is the same, so it's not very hard.

If you don't want some of the new parts, you'll have to find where it is in the GameData\VenStockRevamp\Part Bin folder. Some of them are added with other parts by patches in a single .cfg, simple delete the entry. Some are added by standalone .cfgs, like the usual, you can delete the whole archive.

KPS loads everything into the RAM, so you can do this with the game open. Do everything you want, reload the game and see if it worked, and what's left to do.

I procrastinated weeks to do this, avoid to use this mod. It took me around 2 hours, but I managed to keep only some of the retextures and new parts I wanted, removing in a clean way everything else. Absolutely no regrets.

It's not hard, only a little laborious. If you have some trouble, don't hesitate to ask.

If this mod receive any big update, would be nice to include ways to easily choose what parts we want. Or maybe a standalone version to be used in new installs, where we can simple prune the stock parts and use the new ones in the place.

I fell in love with those solar panels. I want them soo bad, but the other stuffs in the mod is a bit too much for me. I like playing stock after using mods with tons of parts (Thank you for all the modders :) ). I do not want to chaos rise again in my VAB :D 

So my question is: Can I use those beautiful solar panels only? 

Have somebody already done this kind of action? I looked into the mod folder, and it is not similar to other mods. It has no separated part folders, with induvidial model+text+cfg files. The solar panels have one big texture file. What should I keep from the large folder structure to have the awesome panels only?

8 hours ago, Jocc080 said:

I fell in love with those solar panels. I want them soo bad, but the other stuffs in the mod is a bit too much for me. I like playing stock after using mods with tons of parts (Thank you for all the modders :) ). I do not want to chaos rise again in my VAB :D 

So my question is: Can I use those beautiful solar panels only? 

Have somebody already done this kind of action? I looked into the mod folder, and it is not similar to other mods. It has no separated part folders, with induvidial model+text+cfg files. The solar panels have one big texture file. What should I keep from the large folder structure to have the awesome panels only?

Good news: it's totally possible.

Bad news: it will need some work. Maybe not so much if you want only the panels and nothing more.

I wrote a very basic guide to this: 

6 hours ago, MaximumThrust said:

Good news: it's totally possible.

Bad news: it will need some work. Maybe not so much if you want only the panels and nothing more.

I wrote a very basic guide to this: 

I gave up. The mod is totally broke the stock parts. When I tried to select the parts for elimination I did not know which part is really belongs to original Squad, and not the Ven's mod. I try to delete lines from CFG-s but it did not helped at all. Sometimes I just got gray box models instead of the original. Then I deleted all the part folders in the Ven's mod folder except Squad/Electrical. I deleted the Path cfg-s too (except the electrical). The original Squad items disappear or they get the gray box model (science stuffs, docking ports, antennas, etc.). This radical method is working on the other mods :D This mod is just too complex for me. I think I should love the original solar panel textures. :) Thank you for the help :)

On 2/27/2018 at 5:54 AM, putnamto said:

i just installed this through ckan and i noticed that the attachement point on one the scanners (the big orbital one) isnt actually attached to the part anymore, its floating some distance away, ill get a screenshot tommorow when i have time.

Firstly, you should grab the latest version of Ven's Stock Revamp directly from the GitHub repository (there's some bug fixes that CKAN doesn't have), by clicking the "Clone or Download" button and then "Download ZIP": https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp/

As for that bug of yours, I believe that's a bad interaction with Indicator Lights.  They're both tinkering with models, and for that part specifically they step on each others' toes.  Some time ago, I made a patch for the "Community Patch Library" to resolve that, but some time since then I've stopped using Indicator Lights so I can't attest that it still works.

3 hours ago, Jocc080 said:

I gave up. The mod is totally broke the stock parts. When I tried to select the parts for elimination I did not know which part is really belongs to original Squad, and not the Ven's mod. I try to delete lines from CFG-s but it did not helped at all. Sometimes I just got gray box models instead of the original. Then I deleted all the part folders in the Ven's mod folder except Squad/Electrical. I deleted the Path cfg-s too (except the electrical). The original Squad items disappear or they get the gray box model (science stuffs, docking ports, antennas, etc.). This radical method is working on the other mods :D This mod is just too complex for me. I think I should love the original solar panel textures. :) Thank you for the help :)

It can seem complicated at first, but it's not. To keep only the solar panels is really easy, I did the edits in one minute:

dllhost_2018_03_01_14_20_02.png

The solar panels receive the new textures, everything else is kept with the stock models. No new parts.

What I did:

Delete all the .cfgs in: GameData\VenStockRevamp
Delete all the .cfgs in: GameData\VenStockRevamp\Squad\Parts, except Electrical.cfg
Delete all the .cgs in GameData\VenStockRevamp\PathPatches, except Electrical-PathPatches
Delete the folder GameData\VenStockRevamp\Part Bin

Edit the Electrical.cfg to be like this:

Spoiler

@PART[solarPanels1] {
    !mesh = DELETE
    MODEL {
        model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Electrical/SolarPanels/2x3S
        rotation = 0.0,-90.0,0.0
    }
    @MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel] {
        %secondaryTransformName = suncatcher
    }
}
@PART[solarPanels2] {
    !mesh = DELETE
    MODEL {
        model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Electrical/SolarPanels/1x6S
        rotation = 0.0,-90.0,0.0

}
    }
}
@PART[solarPanels3] {
    !mesh = DELETE
    MODEL {
        model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Electrical/SolarPanels/2x3
        rotation = 0.0,-90.0,0.0
    }
    }
}
@PART[solarPanels4] {
    !mesh = DELETE
    MODEL {
        model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Electrical/SolarPanels/1x6
        rotation = 0.0,-90.0,0.0
    }
    }
}
@PART[solarPanels5] {
    !mesh = DELETE
    MODEL {
        model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Electrical/SolarPanels/SmallRadial

}
    }
}
@PART[largeSolarPanel] {
    !mesh = DELETE
    MODEL {
        model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Electrical/SolarPanels/LargeSolarPanel
        rotation = 0.0,-90.0,0.0
    }
        @animationName = bigsolarpanel
    }
}
@PART[LgRadialSolarPanel] {
    !MODEL {}
    MODEL {
        model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Electrical/SolarPanels/LargeRadial
    }
    }
}

Edit the Electrical-PathPatches to be like this:

Spoiler

@PART[*]:FOR[zzzVSRPathPatch] {
    @MODEL,* {
        @model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Electrical/3x2ShroudSolarPanels/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Electrical/SolarPanels/2x3S:
    }
    @MODEL,* {
        @model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Electrical/1x6ShroudSolarPanels/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Electrical/SolarPanels/1x6S:
    }
    @MODEL,* {
        @model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Electrical/3x2SolarPanels/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Electrical/SolarPanels/2x3:
    }
    @MODEL,* {
        @model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Electrical/1x6SolarPanels/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Electrical/SolarPanels/1x6:
    }
    @MODEL,* {
        @model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Electrical/radialFlatSolarPanel/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Electrical/SolarPanels/SmallRadial:
    }
    @MODEL,* {
        @model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Electrical/gigantorXlSolarArray/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Electrical/SolarPanels/LargeSolarPanel:
    }

Profit!

6 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Firstly, you should grab the latest version of Ven's Stock Revamp directly from the GitHub repository (there's some bug fixes that CKAN doesn't have), by clicking the "Clone or Download" button and then "Download ZIP": https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp/

As for that bug of yours, I believe that's a bad interaction with Indicator Lights.  They're both tinkering with models, and for that part specifically they step on each others' toes.  Some time ago, I made a patch for the "Community Patch Library" to resolve that, but some time since then I've stopped using Indicator Lights so I can't attest that it still works.

:(

If  I  have  to  choose  one  or  the  other  ill  have  to  go  with  indicator  lights  unless  theirs  a  suitable  substitute

30 minutes ago, putnamto said:

:(

If  I  have  to  choose  one  or  the  other  ill  have  to  go  with  indicator  lights  unless  theirs  a  suitable  substitute

Maybe you don't need to choose :

I personally love indicator lights, but I limited it only for the docking ports. I use some mods that not support it (science experiments, fuel cells, pods, batteries, etc), and troubles me that some parts have it, and others don't, so I preferred to remove it from these parts.

9 hours ago, MaximumThrust said:

Maybe you don't need to choose :

I personally love indicator lights, but I limited it only for the docking ports. I use some mods that not support it (science experiments, fuel cells, pods, batteries, etc), and troubles me that some parts have it, and others don't, so I preferred to remove it from these parts.

thanks, worked a treat.

Edited by putnamto

18 hours ago, Jocc080 said:

It's working :) Thank you. I will try to pick out some other textures and models too based on your work.

:rep::rep::rep::rep::rep:

Glad to help! You may want to keep or take a look the .cfgs in the folder GameData\VenStockRevamp in this case. They are patches for compatibility with other mods, and the "IVA-Placeholders.cfg" is for some crewed parts. You can leave everything if you have doubts of what they do.

On 2/11/2018 at 11:14 AM, EmbersArc said:

Behoooold! It is done!

I shall henceforth be known as Master of Wheels, Conqueror of Colliders, Vanquisher of Suspensions. For I did not succumb to the powers that rule this arcane system.

...AMA I guess.

Many thanks @Kerbas_ad_astra for testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ndeyd03pre6ko1m/AACAHWCLNDYI1byPu1H2yzCYa?dl=0

Can someone quickly verify my claims?

Wheels look really good and seem to be working fine. But I take it they don't have a damage transform? They seem to be indestructible as far as I can tell?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.