[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

11 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

When Module Manager updates, Ven's models and textures will be added as variants to the 2.5m tanks.  (No urgency on releasing the update -- I still need to convert the engines with switchable attachment nodes to the new variant system.)

when will this happen and how broken will it make crafts and saves?

22 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

when will this happen and how broken will it make crafts and saves?

It will happen when it happens, and there may be trouble loading ships which have parts attached to the "top2" node that VSR added.  They won't be eaten on game load, but opening them in the editor or flight may cause the vehicle to be 'cut off' at the engine in question.  (Stock vessels or vessels which use the 'normal' node shouldn't be affected.)  The best way to deal with this is to look in the craft and save files for 'top2' and edit it into just being 'top'.

It's a little painful once, but this should be a more-or-less permanent solution, since it's going to be using a completely stock method in its intended use (as opposed to the current method, which is a 'hack' built on abusing the auto-shroud module).  Also, before I commit this change, I need to make sure that it doesn't have weird effects on drag cubes -- the last time I tried a stock solution, it turned out that the 'phantom' adapter was still considered to be present for drag purposes.

30 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

It will happen when it happens, and there may be trouble loading ships which have parts attached to the "top2" node that VSR added.  They won't be eaten on game load, but opening them in the editor or flight may cause the vehicle to be 'cut off' at the engine in question.  (Stock vessels or vessels which use the 'normal' node shouldn't be affected.)  The best way to deal with this is to look in the craft and save files for 'top2' and edit it into just being 'top'.

It's a little painful once, but this should be a more-or-less permanent solution, since it's going to be using a completely stock method in its intended use (as opposed to the current method, which is a 'hack' built on abusing the auto-shroud module).  Also, before I commit this change, I need to make sure that it doesn't have weird effects on drag cubes -- the last time I tried a stock solution, it turned out that the 'phantom' adapter was still considered to be present for drag purposes.

Okay. Awesome

On 4/3/2018 at 5:17 PM, Tyko said:

@Kerbas_ad_astra thanks for keeping this going! While you're working on engine models are you able to fix the off-center thrust issue with the Bollard?

https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp/issues/122

I've nudged the model eeeeever so slightly to take out the majority of the offset (~3 orders of magnitude).

16 hours ago, Kebab Kerman said:

Where did the J-10 Pulsejet come from?

I believe it's based on the Argus As 014 engine, best known for powering the V-1 "buzz bomb" in World War II.

2 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

If you have those files readily to hand, sure.  It's difficult to track down the 'best' aerospike model in the repo, given the number of reorganizations that it's been through.

I have a 1.1.3-era retrofit stashed somewhere.

16 hours ago, DDE said:

Hey @Kerbas_ad_astra, since you're gutting the mod anyway, could you consider bringing the old aerospike back?

3DE82E2A917A87337B5DFE2A12288FFA21DACC27

I have been looking all over for the model of the aerospike with the heat emissive working I'm sure It was with one of the versions? But I cant  locate it "Wish I could". Problem is finding the right revision? I have several versions of that engine. But none have the emissive working? Maybe it was just my imagination but I swear there used to be one with the spike glow working?  And while were on the subject of old Ven parts anyone no how many versions of this there were? dEvCZK5.png   Don't know why he dropped this model for the boat-tail version? I would Love! to see a version of this with working gimble and Emisives.  Thanks

10 hours ago, DDE said:

I have a 1.1.3-era retrofit stashed somewhere.

Does that have the heat emissive?

Edited by Delbrutis
spelling

@Delbrutis That's a gorgeous Mainsail model. I think I missed seeing that one.
It seems to be strongly modelled on the Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne proposed F-1B engine. 
It can have no working gimble and I would still use it. After all that's what the new MH expansion RV-1 (i.e. LR-101 or Soyuz style) "Cub" vernier engines are for.

Edited by Kaa253

11 hours ago, Kaa253 said:

It seems to be strongly modelled on the Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne proposed F-1B engine. 
It can have no working gimble and I would still use it. After all that's what the new MH expansion RV-1 (i.e. LR-101 or Soyuz style) "Cub" vernier engines are for.

Agreed. @Delbrutis, that's a great model. Could you dropbox it? I'd be interested in playing around with it even if it doesn't make it back into VSR

2 hours ago, DDE said:

Would that be Aerospike.mu, AerospikeDiff, AerospikeLUM or AerospikeNRM?

I think if it has LUM texture it should have the heat emissive? But that does not mean it is necessarily working in the Model "the Aerospike.mu file" Have yo tried it in game and do you get the heating effect?  Thank's 

3 hours ago, woeller said:

Thank's you beat me to it. What version did you pull yours out of?

If you have a copy of the Aerospike with the LUM file. I would love to check if it works myself?  And Not to put a damper on anything but I'M not sure about the legality of pulling single part's  out of the packs and posting them here? If it's in a old Install folder like most of mine I think it's fine if you Re-Zip the whole folder and post it. I would at least pull the license and pack it with the part .

Edited by Delbrutis

16 hours ago, Kaa253 said:

The engine gimble works in game. It just does not have a working animation. I would use it without the gimble for sure. Just the Glow y engine heat emissive is kind of a OCD thing for me. It's like cabin lights and IVA's Now that we have those as kind of a standard on all parts it bugs me to use a part without them.

17 hours ago, Delbrutis said:

Thank's you beat me to it. What version did you pull yours out of?

If you have a copy of the Aerospike with the LUM file. I would love to check if it works myself?  And Not to put a damper on anything but I'M not sure about the legality of pulling single part's  out of the packs and posting them here? If it's in a old Install folder like most of mine I think it's fine if you Re-Zip the whole folder and post it. I would at least pull the license and pack it with the part .

This version is from realism overhaul and I have added Vens original license to ZIP File. It remains CC-BY-4.0 exactly as listed by Ven and in RO. Thank you for your note.

I took a break from VSRchaeology for a moment when I noticed that the S2x8 soft tank was physically larger than the Jumbo-64 fuel tank but held less than 2/3 the fuel capacity.  The soft tanks will get their capacities increased to correlate with their actual volume (up to the typical stock volume fraction of ~85-87%), while the CryoX nose tank will have its capacity reduced (its fuel capacity was about 50% greater than its physical displacement).  Fuel mass fractions will remain the same (1 ton tank per 9 tons fuel for the CryoX tanks, 1 ton tank per 10.5 tons fuel for the soft tanks -- both lighter than stock tanks, 1 ton tank per 8 tons fuel, corresponding to their reduced impact tolerance).

3 hours ago, Modding Maniac said:

is this being updated for 1.4.2 (i read and its still unclear) and 2, will the texture switches be an option and not permenant? and finally 3, will it be compatible with the cupola, science lab, and habitat module reskins from the stock station parts expansion

i also want texture to not permanently replace stock 

Edited by SpacePanda

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.