Jump to content

[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!


Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, scottadges said:

Maybe there could be a white version? or different versions for a couple different colors? Understand it's not able to change colors, but maybe alt versions?

That'd be really cool...the three colors I primarily use are Red & Green for navigation lights and White for general lighting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2017 at 9:19 AM, Electrocutor said:

So... I was going to work on making a patch .cfg to allow Vens stuff to use the PBR shaders from ShadowMage, but I'm obviously missing something; every single part that should have a new model is missing from the game and the log is filled with "Model was not compiled correctly" errors. I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but 'How do I make this work?' I checked a few pages back, but do not see anyone else having an issue?

 

[Update]
n/m I figured it out.

So... really curious. Do you have the .cfg for PBR with this or tips on how to do this?! Ive messed with separate .cfg from the electrocutors stock patch but i cannot get it to work...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Firemahn said:

So... really curious. Do you have the .cfg for PBR with this or tips on how to do this?! Ive messed with separate .cfg from the electrocutors stock patch but i cannot get it to work...

Here's the one I have, I guess it's from Electrocutor. I'm not currently using Ven's Stock Revamp and I know Textures Unlimited changed the sintaxis at some point, so I don't know if this is up to date
 

@REFLECTION_CONFIG[default]
{
    %enabled = true
}

KSP_COLOR_PRESET
{
    name = rgb_gray
    title = RGB Gray
    color = 127,127,127
    specular = 0
    metallic = 0
}

@PART[*]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]:HAS[@MODEL:HAS[#model[VenStockRevamp*]]]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = KSPTextureSwitch
        sectionName = Appearance
        currentTextureSet = VenStockRevamp_DefaultMetal

        textureSet = VenStockRevamp_Default
        textureSet = VenStockRevamp_DefaultMetal
        textureSet = VenStockRevamp_Metal
    }
}

@PART[launchClamp1]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]:HAS[@MODEL:HAS[#model[VenStockRevamp*]]]
{
    @MODULE[KSPTextureSwitch]
    {
        @currentTextureSet = VenStockRevamp_DefaultMetal_clamp

        @TEXTURESET[VenStockRevamp_Default]
        {
            @name = VenStockRevamp_Default_clamp
        }
        @TEXTURESET[VenStockRevamp_DefaultMetal]
        {
            @name = VenStockRevamp_DefaultMetal_clamp
        }
        @TEXTURESET[VenStockRevamp_Metal]
        {
            @name = VenStockRevamp_Metal_clamp
        }
    }
}

KSP_TEXTURE_SET:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
    name = VenStockRevamp_Default
    title = Default
    recolorable = false

    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/StockMetallicBumped

        excludeMesh = flagTransform
        excludeMesh = Shine
        excludeMesh = windows-base
        excludeMesh = CoupShine
        excludeMesh = Windows

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.0,1.0,1.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 1.0
        }
    }
    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/MetallicTransparent
        mesh = Shine
        mesh = CoupShine

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 1.0
        }
    }
    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/Metallic
        mesh = windows-base
        mesh = Windows

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 1.0
        }
    }
    COLORS
    {
        mainColor = rgb_gray
        secondColor = rgb_gray
        detailColor = rgb_gray
    }
}

KSP_TEXTURE_SET:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
    name = VenStockRevamp_DefaultMetal
    title = Default Metal
    recolorable = false

    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/StockMetallicBumped

        excludeMesh = flagTransform
        excludeMesh = Shine
        excludeMesh = windows-base
        excludeMesh = CoupShine
        excludeMesh = Windows

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.75,1.75,1.75
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.75
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 1.0
        }
    }
    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/MetallicTransparent
        mesh = Shine
        mesh = CoupShine

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 1.0
        }
    }
    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/Metallic
        mesh = windows-base
        mesh = Windows

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 1.0
        }
    }
    COLORS
    {
        mainColor = rgb_gray
        secondColor = rgb_gray
        detailColor = rgb_gray
    }
}

KSP_TEXTURE_SET:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
    name = VenStockRevamp_Metal
    title = Metal
    recolorable = false

    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/Metallic

        excludeMesh = flagTransform
        excludeMesh = Shine
        excludeMesh = windows-base
        excludeMesh = CoupShine
        excludeMesh = Windows

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.75,1.75,1.75
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.75
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 0.75
        }
    }
    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/MetallicTransparent
        mesh = Shine
        mesh = CoupShine

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 1.0
        }
    }
    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/Metallic
        mesh = windows-base
        mesh = Windows

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 1.0
        }
    }
    COLORS
    {
        mainColor = rgb_gray
        secondColor = rgb_gray
        detailColor = rgb_gray
    }
}

+KSP_TEXTURE_SET[VenStockRevamp_Default]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
    @name = VenStockRevamp_Default_clamp

    @MATERIAL,0
    {
        excludeMesh = Girder
    }
}
+KSP_TEXTURE_SET[VenStockRevamp_DefaultMetal]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
    @name = VenStockRevamp_DefaultMetal_clamp

    @MATERIAL,0
    {
        excludeMesh = Girder
    }
}
+KSP_TEXTURE_SET[VenStockRevamp_Metal]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
    @name = VenStockRevamp_Metal_clamp

    @MATERIAL,0
    {
        excludeMesh = Girder
    }
}

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 7:57 PM, juanml82 said:

Here's the one I have, I guess it's from Electrocutor. I'm not currently using Ven's Stock Revamp and I know Textures Unlimited changed the sintaxis at some point, so I don't know if this is up to date
 

@REFLECTION_CONFIG[default]
{
    %enabled = true
}

KSP_COLOR_PRESET
{
    name = rgb_gray
    title = RGB Gray
    color = 127,127,127
    specular = 0
    metallic = 0
}

@PART[*]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]:HAS[@MODEL:HAS[#model[VenStockRevamp*]]]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = KSPTextureSwitch
        sectionName = Appearance
        currentTextureSet = VenStockRevamp_DefaultMetal

        textureSet = VenStockRevamp_Default
        textureSet = VenStockRevamp_DefaultMetal
        textureSet = VenStockRevamp_Metal
    }
}

@PART[launchClamp1]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]:HAS[@MODEL:HAS[#model[VenStockRevamp*]]]
{
    @MODULE[KSPTextureSwitch]
    {
        @currentTextureSet = VenStockRevamp_DefaultMetal_clamp

        @TEXTURESET[VenStockRevamp_Default]
        {
            @name = VenStockRevamp_Default_clamp
        }
        @TEXTURESET[VenStockRevamp_DefaultMetal]
        {
            @name = VenStockRevamp_DefaultMetal_clamp
        }
        @TEXTURESET[VenStockRevamp_Metal]
        {
            @name = VenStockRevamp_Metal_clamp
        }
    }
}

KSP_TEXTURE_SET:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
    name = VenStockRevamp_Default
    title = Default
    recolorable = false

    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/StockMetallicBumped

        excludeMesh = flagTransform
        excludeMesh = Shine
        excludeMesh = windows-base
        excludeMesh = CoupShine
        excludeMesh = Windows

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.0,1.0,1.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 1.0
        }
    }
    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/MetallicTransparent
        mesh = Shine
        mesh = CoupShine

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 1.0
        }
    }
    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/Metallic
        mesh = windows-base
        mesh = Windows

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 1.0
        }
    }
    COLORS
    {
        mainColor = rgb_gray
        secondColor = rgb_gray
        detailColor = rgb_gray
    }
}

KSP_TEXTURE_SET:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
    name = VenStockRevamp_DefaultMetal
    title = Default Metal
    recolorable = false

    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/StockMetallicBumped

        excludeMesh = flagTransform
        excludeMesh = Shine
        excludeMesh = windows-base
        excludeMesh = CoupShine
        excludeMesh = Windows

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.75,1.75,1.75
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.75
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 1.0
        }
    }
    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/MetallicTransparent
        mesh = Shine
        mesh = CoupShine

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 1.0
        }
    }
    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/Metallic
        mesh = windows-base
        mesh = Windows

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 1.0
        }
    }
    COLORS
    {
        mainColor = rgb_gray
        secondColor = rgb_gray
        detailColor = rgb_gray
    }
}

KSP_TEXTURE_SET:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
    name = VenStockRevamp_Metal
    title = Metal
    recolorable = false

    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/Metallic

        excludeMesh = flagTransform
        excludeMesh = Shine
        excludeMesh = windows-base
        excludeMesh = CoupShine
        excludeMesh = Windows

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.75,1.75,1.75
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.75
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 0.75
        }
    }
    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/MetallicTransparent
        mesh = Shine
        mesh = CoupShine

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 1.0
        }
    }
    MATERIAL
    {
        shader = SSTU/PBR/Metallic
        mesh = windows-base
        mesh = Windows

        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Color
            color = 1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Metal
            float = 0.0
        }
        PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Smoothness
            float = 1.0
        }
    }
    COLORS
    {
        mainColor = rgb_gray
        secondColor = rgb_gray
        detailColor = rgb_gray
    }
}

+KSP_TEXTURE_SET[VenStockRevamp_Default]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
    @name = VenStockRevamp_Default_clamp

    @MATERIAL,0
    {
        excludeMesh = Girder
    }
}
+KSP_TEXTURE_SET[VenStockRevamp_DefaultMetal]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
    @name = VenStockRevamp_DefaultMetal_clamp

    @MATERIAL,0
    {
        excludeMesh = Girder
    }
}
+KSP_TEXTURE_SET[VenStockRevamp_Metal]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
    @name = VenStockRevamp_Metal_clamp

    @MATERIAL,0
    {
        excludeMesh = Girder
    }
}

 

Thank you for this. It seems to be working fine...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, love this mod dearly (as I'm sure lots others do) and I'm wondering about something I noticed in my fresh 1.4.5 install.

I'm seeing these errors in the log file:

[ERR 01:45:55.639] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/model000' not found!
[ERR 01:45:56.414] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/IVA/AirplaneTail_LUM' not found!
[ERR 01:45:56.542] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/IVA/Props/AirspeedFace' not found!
[ERR 01:45:56.552] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/IVA/Props/AOAFace' not found!
[ERR 01:45:56.573] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/IVA/Props/DynPressureFace' not found!
[ERR 01:45:56.674] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/IVA/Props/MachFace' not found!
[ERR 01:45:56.786] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/SmallEngines_NRM' not found!
[ERR 01:45:57.286] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/Decouplers_NRM' not found!
[ERR 01:45:57.517] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/SRB_CLR' not found!
[ERR 01:45:57.517] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/SRB_NRM' not found!
[ERR 01:45:57.517] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/SRB_LUM' not found!
[ERR 01:45:57.572] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/vernierEngine-NRM' not found!
[ERR 01:45:58.224] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Structural/model000' not found!

I did install this via CKAN and it's telling me this is from version v1.96 of the mod. I saw on GitHub that the Readme.txt shows v1.95 but I'm assuming that just hasn't been updated. (Apologies, I don't know that much about using GitHub)

I'm not sure this is causing any problems, but I wanted to point it out and see if there was anything I should/could do about these errors?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 11:14 AM, scottadges said:

Hi everyone, love this mod dearly (as I'm sure lots others do) and I'm wondering about something I noticed in my fresh 1.4.5 install.

I'm seeing these errors in the log file:

[ERR 01:45:55.639] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/model000' not found!
[ERR 01:45:56.414] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/IVA/AirplaneTail_LUM' not found!
[ERR 01:45:56.542] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/IVA/Props/AirspeedFace' not found!
[ERR 01:45:56.552] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/IVA/Props/AOAFace' not found!
[ERR 01:45:56.573] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/IVA/Props/DynPressureFace' not found!
[ERR 01:45:56.674] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/IVA/Props/MachFace' not found!
[ERR 01:45:56.786] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/SmallEngines_NRM' not found!
[ERR 01:45:57.286] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/Decouplers_NRM' not found!
[ERR 01:45:57.517] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/SRB_CLR' not found!
[ERR 01:45:57.517] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/SRB_NRM' not found!
[ERR 01:45:57.517] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/SRB_LUM' not found!
[ERR 01:45:57.572] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/vernierEngine-NRM' not found!
[ERR 01:45:58.224] Texture 'VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Structural/model000' not found!

I did install this via CKAN and it's telling me this is from version v1.96 of the mod. I saw on GitHub that the Readme.txt shows v1.95 but I'm assuming that just hasn't been updated. (Apologies, I don't know that much about using GitHub)

I'm not sure this is causing any problems, but I wanted to point it out and see if there was anything I should/could do about these errors?

 

I took a look in the install folder, im no dev but a little hunting can go a long way sometimes. I didnt look at each and every cfg but the ones I did look at(Main folder, PathPatches and vens Squad) I didnt find any that point to these paths. Nor did I find the textures. It also it happens during Load(model). A lot of patches delete the parts "mesh= blank" property as well as the MODEL nodes and replaces it with its own. from what I understand a mesh can be a model AND texture set wheres model is just a model and you would also have to define a texture = somewhere. So Im going to take a wild guess. old/removed legacy textures that the models reference internally somehow?

 

Also im kind of puzzled. Ckan latest release is 1.9.6 however both ven and astras version is stated as 1.9.5 on github with vens version file being 1.9.5 and astras being 1.9.8? So im not really sure whats what minus: it seems to be the consensus that the most recently updated version is from astras fork. Either way, I look forward to seeing this mod continue. I havnt used it in a long time, but I can appreciate the hardwork and dedication thats gone into it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TenaX3000 said:

Hi everyone! Anybody know, how i can install this mod without new parts? I need only textures for vanilla parts. Tnx.

Inside the mod folder there are subfolders for squad parts and new parts. they're compartmentalized so you should be able to throw out the new parts folder.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ebigunso said:

@Kerbas_ad_astra Hi. I want to know if your branch has any known incompatibilities with KSP 1.3.1. I want to use this mod along with RO.

Several parts now use the stock part variant system, which is new in KSP 1.4.

1 hour ago, 1990eam said:

Does this work for 1.4.5?

I should update the parts so that e.g. the truss variants of engines support the new cost and mass feature, but everything should still be functional. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kerbas_ad_astra I'm sure youve already considered making your own "continued" thread for your branch of the mod.... But any chance of reconsidering?

At the very least, being able to update the thread title with the current supported version of KSP might head off a lot of these "is this compatable with KSP version x.x.x" posts...

vOv

Also, is it an intentional reason why the links for the original model and teture source files no longer work?... or...??

Edited by Stone Blue
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hello does this mod exist without the extra parts that make the save games incompatible with a stock version of the game?

I guess the most simple way is to avoid using new revamp part right? Or if it exists without...

 

Sorry it's okay I've just read above and it's okay :D

Edited by Cousnouf
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was there a way to use the parts in this mod in addition to the stock parts? I miss the look of some of the parts and a few of the added parts, but with 1.5 incoming with a graphics overhaul, I'd rather be able to use either set of parts instead of one or the other

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, juanml82 said:

Was there a way to use the parts in this mod in addition to the stock parts? I miss the look of some of the parts and a few of the added parts, but with 1.5 incoming with a graphics overhaul, I'd rather be able to use either set of parts instead of one or the other

You should be able to delete the Squad sub-folder and go from there.  It's also possible to take advantage of the part variant system so you can have your cake and eat it, too, but that's more work.  (I've done that for the fuel tanks, for example.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

You should be able to delete the Squad sub-folder and go from there.  It's also possible to take advantage of the part variant system so you can have your cake and eat it, too, but that's more work.  (I've done that for the fuel tanks, for example.)

Is there a template for using the stock part variant system? That would be more work, but it should allow me, for instance, to keep the stock Rhino and also use the VSR Rhino. Alternatively, I guess it's a matter of going through the mm patches and deciding which parts to keep - my main concern is being unable to revert back from VSR to stock, since some parts have different dimensions

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 12:30 PM, woeller said:

The Rockomax X200-48 Fuel Tank (fuelTank1-5) has no resources. This should be the right numbers:

RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		amount = 2160
		maxAmount = 2160
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		amount = 2640
		maxAmount = 2640
	}

 

@woeller Thank you!

Edited by SuperTrev
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 5:51 PM, juanml82 said:

Is there a template for using the stock part variant system? That would be more work, but it should allow me, for instance, to keep the stock Rhino and also use the VSR Rhino. Alternatively, I guess it's a matter of going through the mm patches and deciding which parts to keep - my main concern is being unable to revert back from VSR to stock, since some parts have different dimensions

I put an example of how to do it in my PartVariant guide, but no one seemed too enthusiastic on implementing it: I have worked on this in my own install as time allows, but not anywhere near done.

 

@PART[mk1pod]:NEEDS[KSP-UnofficialPatch] {
	MODEL {
		model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Command/CommandPods/MK1
	}
	%MODULE[ModulePartVariants] {
		%name = ModulePartVariants
		%baseVariant = Basic

		%VARIANT[Basic] {
			%name = Basic
			%displayName = Basic
			%primaryColor = #ffffff
			%secondaryColor = #ffffff

			%GAMEOBJECTS {
				%Squad/Parts/Command/mk1pod/model(Clone) = true
				VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Command/CommandPods/MK1(Clone) = false
			}
		}
		@VARIANT,* {
			@GAMEOBJECTS {
				%VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Command/CommandPods/MK1(Clone) = false
			}
		}
		+VARIANT[Basic] {
			%name = Ven
			%displayName = Ven

			%GAMEOBJECTS {
				%Squad/Parts/Command/mk1pod/model(Clone) = false
				%VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Command/CommandPods/MK1(Clone) = true
			}
		}
	}
}

*The UnofficialPatch listed as requirement is a mod I have locally that fixes stock things. In this case, it updates all the parts that still use the old mesh= into the new MODEL{model=}, which is needed to work with PartVariants.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I'm certainly not -- that's beyond my skillset.  In a week or two I'll adapt the part patches to add Ven's models as alternate variants (as applicable -- some parts with special features, like pods with RCS and lights, that may not be possible).

I added the cupola as a variant, and it just adds the animation button to all variants (but shows nothing happening when not set to the Ven model). I expect with the RCS effects, it would be the same: you would just have the effects on all variants.

They've also adjusted some of the attach points in 1.5, so you may or may not need to include those in the variants.

Edited by Electrocutor
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...