Ven

[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

I think what will work for you is to delete:

• Everything from VenStockRevamp/Squad except VenStockRevamp/Squad/Data/Parts.cfg, VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion (the folder where the fuel tank models are stored)
  • Everything from VenStockRevamp/Part Bin/ except VenStockRevamp/Part Bin/Data/Tanks.cfg, VenStockRevamp/Part Bin/NewParts/SoftTanks/, and VenStockRevamp/Part Bin/NewParts/CryoTanks
  • VenStockRevamp/PathPatches

Since you've asked about Restock, I've got a new to-do items before a 1.7.x release to move some models and configs around so that the new parts (e.g. the 1x3 mini deployable solar panel) only draw from models and textures in the Part Bin folder (currently some of them use files in the Squad folder).  This will make it easier to migrate from Ven's Stock Revamp to Restock if that's your fancy, by making it easy to delete the configs that modify Squad's parts (and the models they use, saving memory) without losing parts added by VSR (avoids save breakage).

Posted (edited)

What folders should I copy if I just want the new parts and not any of the replacement ones?

Or is there any way to know what parts will conflict with Restock?

Edited by subyng

23 hours ago, subyng said:

What folders should I copy if I just want the new parts and not any of the replacement ones?

Or is there any way to know what parts will conflict with Restock?

Right now, you'll have to crawl through the Part Bin/Data config files, tally up and keep the referenced models from the Squad subdirectory, and then figure out which texture files they need.  Probably not a task that will take longer than 30 minutes, but it's not as fun as playing KSP.  In a couple weeks (can't get to it this weekend because of travel) I'll get it sorted so you can just delete the Squad subdirectory and be done with it.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, SirNooblyOfficial said:

Hey, the inflatable Habs dont works, they are inflated already

Are you still using KSP 1.2.2? Because the version of this mod in the OP hasn't been updated since then.

Edited by lordcirth

I've finished disentangling Ven's new parts from the revamps to stock parts; if you just want the new parts, you can delete the "Squad" and "PathPatches" folders, and for just the revamps, you can delete the "Part Bin" folder.

I hope this will be the final commit before I make a proper release: https://github.com/Kerbas-ad-astra/Stock-Revamp/tree/KSP_1.7

On 8/10/2019 at 2:59 AM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

I've finished disentangling Ven's new parts from the revamps to stock parts; if you just want the new parts, you can delete the "Squad" and "PathPatches" folders, and for just the revamps, you can delete the "Part Bin" folder.

I hope this will be the final commit before I make a proper release: https://github.com/Kerbas-ad-astra/Stock-Revamp/tree/KSP_1.7

glad you're keeping this alive, is there a dev forum I can follow?

On 8/9/2019 at 6:59 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

@Kerbas_ad_astra Thanks for keeping this up! I followed your link but I can't find a download link to versions 1.12.0 or 1.13.0.

I recently transferred my save from KSP 1.6.1 to 1.7.3 and all my solar panels are dead (frozen and no right click menu items). I'm hoping your latest version of Ven's could be the answer. Thanks.

Not sure if anyone’s said this yet, but to get back the old mk1-2 pod, go into /Gamedata/squad/zDeprecated/parts/command or something like that, and you’ll find the old mk1-2. Go into its config and find “Tech Hidden” and change it from true to false. Now go into the advanced search and click on the parts tab and then module.

Posted (edited)

Is it possible to somehow disable engine gimbal react times?

SAS is not able to keep my rockets stable during burns, which is especially annoying with Principia, where high precision is very important.

Edited by Delay