[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

That patch? It is now updated to work (same link, still in OP). Sorry about that.

I don't know how. I don't know why.

But your patch almost totally broke my game. For some reason, after I installed SXT, and then your patch, I got very odd UI issues:

1. I couldn't enter the Tracking Station.

2. Any other building I tried to enter would be fine, but when I pressed the exit button, the KSC UI would render on top of whatever building I was in, and pressing Esc to exit to Main Menu wouldn't function.

3. When #2 happen, in console I would get a constant spam of NullReferenceExceptions. When I looked through the log, they all had different stack traces, all related to UI components. Unfortunately, I forgot to backup the log file and it was overwritten.

I checked your patch several times, and I couldn't figure out how in the world it would be causing this issue. So after a few tries, I decided to undo the only change I made to my game since the last time I tried to play it, which was adding SXT + Your Patch.

And it was all fixed again.

If it helps, I can try to re-install the patches to reproduce the problem and get the log messages. Let me know. :)

So just a heads up!

There ought to be a proper version number for each update, shown in the thread title, so that we know when there's an update.

Here is a list of suggestions for the next updates:

Kerbodyne S3-7200 Tank

Model after the S-II Stage fuel tank of the Saturn V

Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tank

Model after S-IC Stage Fuel tank of Saturn V.

LFB KR-1x2

Repurpose current Mainsail model onto this.

Rockomax "Mainsail" Liquid Fuel Engine

Redesign after the RS-68 Engine.

You might think to yourself "But.. The Mainsail is a fuel-gobbling mainiac of an engine! Why model it after an engine as efficient as that?" Well, the answer is that it's not that anymore. In 0.24, the Mainsail was considerably buffed. It now has a higher Isp both in sea level and in vacuum. It would also allow building of the Delta IV series of rockets in scale, because the Delta IV is diameter 5 meters, which is approximately scaled down to 2.5 meters.

Rockomax "Skipper" liquid Fuel Engine

Redesign after some kind of twin-nozzle engine for launch stages (Think Titan-II)

Kerbodyne KR-2L Liquid Fuel Engine

I think it's obvious now that we don't have an F-1 that the KR-2L is what needs to be the F-1. It already looks like an F-1, so it makes sense. Honestly, I'd also include an optional config file to lower the vacuum efficiency of the KR-2L.

Kerbodyne KS-25 x4

This huge gigantic base of badness and stuff will not do! Here's my suggestion: Make a new part that is the base adaptor+fuel tank for the KS-25 engines, make the KS-25 engines separate 1.25m engines, and make the current Kerbodyne KS-25 x5 into a...

Kerbodyne LV-X30 x8

...cluster that represents a Saturn IB base.

Kerbodyne KR-1V Liquid Fuel Engine

A new high-vacuum efficiency engine with lower thrust, repurpose current Skipper model.

Honestly I don't have a lot of time to do most of those things, as I am currently going to college. Not to mention that I'm not even half way done(ish) with my current goal...

But when I get the chance to, I'll go over things like the Skipper, Mainsail and perhaps make a few more engines while I'm at it.

Speaking of my goal, here's whats currently being worked on\may or may

Or may not be in the next update:

• 1-2pod with working RCS ports
  • A dedicated 1-2 heatshield
  • An aerocap for it as well
  • Batteries+ RTG are finished
  • The solar panels are being a huge pain, but the models and textures are done.
  • The BACC SRB got it's texture touched up
  • The NCS Adapter has been remade
  • The landing gear got tweaked again, making room for something special with this one:rolleyes:
  • Drafted some .625m engines, nothing more than that though.
  • Currently separating all the command pod windows from their models, so that Texture Replacer will only have the windows reflect instead of the entire pod.
  • Trying to tweak the lv-909, to either have an exhaust pipe or remove the pumps entirely, aswell as making a tankless model available.
  • Touching up the fairing interiors to match the aerocap.

Honestly I don't have a lot of time to do most of those things, as I am currently going to college. Not to mention that I'm not even half way done(ish) with my current goal...

But when I get the chance to, I'll go over things like the Skipper, Mainsail and perhaps make a few more engines while I'm at it.

• The landing gear got tweaked again, making room for something special with this one:rolleyes:
  • Currently separating all the command pod windows from their models, so that Texture Replacer will only have the windows reflect instead of the entire pod.
  • Trying to tweak the lv-909, to either have an exhaust pipe or remove the pumps entirely, aswell as making a tankless model available.

Wooh, I always wondered if you would do any heatshield! It's pretty hard to find stockalicke ones :) An aerocap is also pretty cool.

BTW, if you're tweaking the LV-909 you can get away with it just by having a pipe flowing from the nozzle skirt to the pumps, like in an expander cycle. It's used for medium and small upper-stage engines, after all, and it already looked like that. Also good luck with college and take your time!

One last thing to add to the list: MK 1 pod should have intakes- I think. It has the design for it, so it should have them.

One last thing to add to the list: MK 1 pod should have intakes- I think. It has the design for it, so it should have them.

hm... if the mk1 cockpit had intakes and we had earlier tech jet engines(pulse jets with more built in intakes? motor jets? crude and dirty version of the basic jet that is cheaper lighter and as a result better twr at the cost of isp?) and landing gear(fixed gear? skids? pontoons?) we could have some early tech ssto's going on. :D

My TurboJets are looking like thishttp://i.imgur.com/vDXEaS5.png

That happenned to me and a few other people. I'll just quote the fix for it

Alright, so go into your gamedata, click on MP_Nazari, then FX, then emmissives, then click on the CFG file, [and replace ALL THE CONTENTS of that file with this].

@PART[turboFanEngine]:FOR[HotRockets]
{
!mesh
MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/Engine/jetEngineTurbo/model
//position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
//scale = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8
//rotation = 0, 0, 0
//parent = anotherModelTransform
}
}

If that doesn't work, then delete the emmissives fold in FX. That will definitely fix you problem, but it get rid of the awesome jet engine effects =/

The bottom of the Mk1-2 could use a bit of tweaking... a little narrower (or less curvy) and down a few... centimeters?

Has some overlap with the SDHI shield. That part isn't too bad, but with the 2.5m DRE shield, the two parts don't meet at all.

http://imgur.com/a/u2pSi

In the last post Ven said he's working on a heatshield and a cover for the remodeled Mk1-2 pod. For now, you can probably move higher the node on SDHI heatshield to get a nice fit, judging by the screenshot.

Halp plox, A whole bunch of my parts are white, with no texture, specifically the RCS tanks (all of them) decouplers (all of them) and most structural parts too, does anyone have a fix?

Hmm, do you have the 'Part Revamp-MM.cfg' In your KSP or gamedata folder? If it isn't then the game won't refer to the right textures, which would result in white planes of nothingness.

Any chance you could update the Science lab with some interior lights? Also, any chance you could put together a 1.25m engine, about as long and heavy as the LV-N, but with a max thrust of about 400-ish. A heavy-duty 1st stage engine for the 1.25m size is something I think this game truly needs.

So I am having texture problems with only 2 parts, the fuel tanks x200-8 and x200-16, the 32 variant is working fine.

I found something smelly in the Part-Revamp-MM.cfg file that I thought I should point out, not sure if its as intended or a copy/paste left over:

@PART[fuelTank4-2] { !mesh = DELETE

%scale = 1

%rescaleFactor = 1

MODEL {

model = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-8/model

texture = model000, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-32/model000

texture = model001, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-32/model001

}

}

@PART[fuelTank2-2] {

!mesh = DELETE

%scale = 1

%rescaleFactor = 1

MODEL {

model = Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-16/model

texture = model000, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-32/model000

texture = model001, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-32/model001

}

Shouldn't that be 8 and 16 respectively instead of 32?

So I am having texture problems with only 2 parts, the fuel tanks x200-8 and x200-16, the 32 variant is working fine.

I found something smelly in the Part-Revamp-MM.cfg file that I thought I should point out, not sure if its as intended or a copy/paste left over:

Shouldn't that be 8 and 16 respectively instead of 32?

Some parts share a singe texture file to save memory.

Edited by RyanRising

Hmm, do you have the 'Part Revamp-MM.cfg' In your KSP or gamedata folder? If it isn't then the game won't refer to the right textures, which would result in white planes of nothingness.

I don't have it in either the gamedata or the root ksp folder... where can I get it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.