[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

So that's why they weren't working, Is their any any way to make them work in that case?

With a new shader that would support both reflection and emission. I already implemented visor shader (reflective + transparent) some time ago. The same could be done for emissives if I can find their source somewhere in *.assets.

For the first one, Did you install the last version of this mod? You might have the old Config file in your gamedata folder (the new one is inside the revamp folder now). If you do then it would cause two buttons to appear.

Well Here's what I've been working on today:

http://imgur.com/a/kyeQu

Next on the list of things to do are the wheels. I intend to have them fold, but I don't know how they should fold. Any thoughts?

Why is one of them hollow? Why would it be hollow?

Also: L-V2 and LV-T15 When?

Also: Probes look good so far.

Posting it here as well:

The latest version of Texture Replacer has broken the reflections in the various parts (probably because it does actual reflections now).

http://i.imgur.com/tFKmohb.jpg

I don't know why or how, as by the looks of things, the module is still the same (TRRefelection).. maybe it's the colour? I dunno.. but yeah, it's a thing, just so you're aware.

EDIT: Never mind, it's a bug with TR reflection. Carry on :)

So does real reflection work? And does real reflection work with Stock Revamp?

At any rate, now that reflections are enabled properly by texture replacer, can we have a revamp of the Size 3 NASAmission parts? They'd look the best chromified!

Also, the body of the LV-T15 is meant to be a dirty chrome-ish color. Not the stock black color, but more like an aluminium or something. Lighter than the nearly black T-30 and T-45.

I'd kinda like to see some models to represent earlier rocket engines (And maybe an optional MM-config to make the LV-T30 and T-45 appear later in the tech tree)

Here's a drawing I did a while ago but never really managed to scan it. Here's a webcam photo of it. They're based upon the Rocket Motor for the German Aggregat-4 rocket; and the Rocketdyne A-7 Rocket Engine for the Redstone/Jupiter/Juno missile.

http://i.imgur.com/Cu3JkMV.jpg

LV-T15 Liquid Fuel Engine

Manufacturer: Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spaceship Parts Co.

Tech Level: Basic Rocketry

Built using only components which could be found lying around in the junkyard, the LV-T15 Liquid Fuel Engine is a remarkably complex piece of engineering work, which is actually capable of burning a secret mix of alcohol, car fuel, acid, and whatever else could be found that burned when lit with oxygen; and actually produces a thrust that can be turned on and off, almost exactly unlike the RT-10 Solid Fuel Booster! It's also rather inexpensive, due to it being made from premanufactured components.

Max Thrust: 175 kN

Min Thrust: 175 kN

(Non-throttleable)

Isp: 310s (ASL), 330s (Vac)

Weight: 1.15 tonnes

Cost: 500 Funds

The LV-T15 is a simple rocket engine that can not be throttled, and it's not a high thrust or high efficiency engine. It is not very expensive though, and is sure to be a welcome addition to financially struggling space programs at any time.

L-V2 Liquid Fuel Rocket Motor

Manufacturer: Found in Wernher's old workshop

Tech Level: Start

After Wernher von Kerman's integration into the space program, we had as many of his old rocket engines shipped over here as possible. They've already been built, so they won't cost very much at all to get up and running again. The L-V2 is a liquid-fueled motor, which means that it burns a liquid fuel and an oxidizer, so unlike a solid fuel rocket, it can be turned off and on. It is also somewhat more efficient. Slightly. It also overheats more readily than other rocket engines.

Max Thrust: 105

Min Thrust: 105

(Non Throttelable)

Isp: 295s (ASL), 315s (Vac)

Weight: 1 tonne

Cost: 280 Funds

Like the LV-T15, the L-V2 rocket motor is rather cheap, though the L-V2 takes this to an extreme. It's low cost is made up for by a poor thrust to weight ratio, a poor efficiency, and a tendency to overheat. They were the first and only liquid fuel engines for quite a while, and Wernher's workshop of voluntold kerbal workers produced as many of these as they could, so there's no shortage of them. They're practically free, and thus will be insanely useful for space programs suffering a major finance problem. Bonus points if you use 30 of them to power the first stage of a Mun rocket.

I just realized the paper says LV-2 and the words say L-V2.

I prefer L-V2.

And "Rocket Motor" instead of "Liquid Fuel Engine" Is important. That's what they used to primarily call rocket engines in the early days.

- - - Updated - - -

Ven could you give the relevant pods some shrouds to hide the gaps?

Which pods?

Edited by GregroxMun

Hi! I really love the new update, and I have a few things I'd like to say:

1: Now that the lv-909 has a tankless variant, perhaps you could make the the tank on the normal one actually be full.

2: I read the description for the poodle and I was like "Oh boy! a 2.5m nuclear engine!" I wasn't really dissapointed when I found out how big it actually was. So a 2.5m nuke engine would be nice

3: I understand that firespitter can be used to have texture/model/fuel content switchy-majyyks. So integrating that would be nice.

4: You sir are awesome, and I hope you continue your awesomeness

Edit:

5. I miss my stripey LT-800 :(

Edited by temporalExile

Is it just me, or are the lights ALWAYS on? Even if they're set to off, they still glow. It's getting really annoying.

If you need a Picture of what I'm talking about:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

(The actual lamp is behind the camera, don't wanna spoil my vehicle yet.)

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

With the offset gizmo is that really necessary anymore?

I keep forgetting that's an option, but still...

Which pods?

The Mercury pod to start with at least. The gap between it and whatever is attached to the bottom is really glaring. There may be others. I haven't checked yet.

-----------

Another issue.

Your engine bells get much too bright. I know people are used to it because that's what Squad did but that's completely unrealistic. Metal that bright melts iirc.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

I found a conflict with FAR concerning the Mark1cockpit, I can't find any information on it being reported yet, so lets go. The added air intakes on the cockpit seem to break the inflight gui(showing mach number/reynolds number etc) for FAR. Commenting the intake code lines in Part Revamp-MM.cfg resolves the issue. My guess is that FAR is trying to give it double drag(once for the part and once for the intake) causing some internal logic to fail.

Tested running stock .90 KSP, FAR 14.5.1 and Stock Part Revamp 1.6

I have tried coming up with a solution, but it still evades me. I do really like the intakes working on the part.

Edit: I've narrowed it down to a conflict in having ModuleCommand and ModuleResourceIntake while using FAR. So the issue is most likely unrelated to your revamp, any parts containing both of the mentioned modules will cause this issue, even though this is the only place I know of that uses both. I'm going to lift it to Ferram instead, there seems no way of fixing it through MM other than separating the air intakes to a dummy part.

Edit2: Also, I think 0.006 in intake area might be a bit to much, considering the small size of the intakes, 0.002 seems more right(a little smaller than the MKII structural radial intake) and would also help alleviate the drag issues on small craft while still providing enough to power a basic jet.

Edited by xiziz
Adding more

The Mercury pod to start with at least. The gap between it and whatever is attached to the bottom is really glaring. There may be others. I haven't checked yet.

-----------

Another issue.

Your engine bells get much too bright. I know people are used to it because that's what Squad did but that's completely unrealistic. Metal that bright melts iirc.

Maybe the solution is to simply push the attach node in on the pod and push it out on the decoupler. When the Mk1 pod was implemented, they made the decoupler's bottom node fit the Mk1 pod. Instead, the pod's attach node should be inside the heatshield so it looks flat, and the decoupler should be fitted to normal parts.

Can anyone help with this issue?

http://imgur.com/zNFkbSs

The shroud is on by default and no decoupler is attached.

I have looked and tried to research the issue and cannot find a solution

Happens to the LV-T45 and the LV-T30, happens in the VAB and on the launch pad. Even if the engine is used as primary or in stage , the shroud doesnt disappear

http://imgur.com/8guv3TO

EDIT: its with all engines from here

Any help will be appreciated

Edited by Newbinator

Another issue.

That's totally not true. Radiative cooling is performed by a lot of engine designs:

radiation_cooling.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_engine#Cooling

Squad actually did two things wrong: The emissive should be more white, and the maximum effect should be on the chocke point and the beginning of the nozzle extension, not at the extreme end of the extension.

Can anyone help with this issue?

http://imgur.com/zNFkbSs

The shroud is on by default and no decoupler is attached.

I have looked and tried to research the issue and cannot find a solution

Happens to the LV-T45 and the LV-T30, happens in the VAB and on the launch pad. Even if the engine is used as primary or in stage , the shroud doesnt disappear

http://imgur.com/8guv3TO

EDIT: its with all engines from here

Any help will be appreciated

Are you running any other mods? I've seen this happen with Cool Rockets installed before, which is why I ask.

There's a couple of problems with this on 0.90, contrary to the title. I copied the VenStockRevamp (or something) folder to KSP/GameData/, no overwriting required, right?

Then there's the 'VSR_prune.sh' script. Apparently little to no testing was done, because...

1. Some of the target files don't even exist; to name a few,

GameData/Squad/Parts/Electrical/gigantorXlSolarArray/model001.mbm
GameData/Squad/Parts/Electrical/z-200Battery/model000.mbm
GameData/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineAerospike/model003.mbm

2. You can't even run the damned script on any Unix -- windows line endings are everywhere in the file, resulting in stray '\r' characters that confuse the shell.

Maybe the solution is to simply push the attach node in on the pod and push it out on the decoupler. When the Mk1 pod was implemented, they made the decoupler's bottom node fit the Mk1 pod. Instead, the pod's attach node should be inside the heatshield so it looks flat, and the decoupler should be fitted to normal parts.

That's a hack, not a solution. The most reasonable solution is a shroud like this pod does.

That's totally not true. Radiative cooling is performed by a lot of engine designs:

http://copsub.com//wp_blog/wp_content/uploads/2014/07/radiation_cooling.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_engine#Cooling

Squad actually did two things wrong: The emissive should be more white, and the maximum effect should be on the chocke point and the beginning of the nozzle extension, not at the extreme end of the extension.

Ok that's interesting. Just FYI I think you can only have one emissive colour per mesh.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.