[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Is it fair to say that the Revamp is now using quite a few new textures and not just re-using stock?

I am at the point where memory consumption is a driving factor in continuing to use (what are admittedly gorgeous) revamped parts. I was about to update again but I think I'm at the crossroads where this is not longer a stock revamp - it's a full replacement and extension.

I am already on an aggressive pruning expedition to reduce the stupid amount of memory KSP needs to function with an expanded part count. The new engines look fantastic, but don't look to use the existing textures (which are admittedly generic and dirty) at all.

Adding dozens of new parts is going to break my install.

kofeyh: it wouldn't be a revamp if it were using any stock assets, that's kind of the point. Once you install this, however, you can prune away all the old, now-unused stock assets, although you can't prune if you use any other mods (like SXT) that reuse stock assets.

kofeyh: it wouldn't be a revamp if it were using any stock assets, that's kind of the point. Once you install this, however, you can prune away all the old, now-unused stock assets, although you can't prune if you use any other mods (like SXT) that reuse stock assets.

Yeah, however the mod initially touted being pretty low-friction due to reusing textures. Those days are long gone I think. :)

And yes, the stock parts are already removed. But in an RSS 6.4 install, with DRE, FAR and what not, every little bit helps.

Yeah, however the mod initially touted being pretty low-friction due to reusing textures. Those days are long gone I think. :)

And yes, the stock parts are already removed. But in an RSS 6.4 install, with DRE, FAR and what not, every little bit helps.

Most of the parts borrow from several large texture maps, IE: all of the small engines (0.625m) use a single set of maps (3 in total), Instead of having each engine use an unique texture maps (this is what the vanilla parts currently do). That's what I meant by re-using textures.

The last time I checked, the current version of Stock Revamp only increases the RAM overhead by ~60Mb, And the way things seem to be going, I might just manage to bring the cost down to or slightly below stock levels by the time I'm done.

Most (all?) of the engines should be included in the Stockalike engine pack. There isn't a config yet for the Mk 1-2, but it should work with Hydrazine.

Yeah they do work with hydrazine, nice. One weird problem is the pod does not have any electrical, but I think that is some other problem with real fuels or Tac life support that is doing that.

Yeah they do work with hydrazine, nice. One weird problem is the pod does not have any electrical, but I think that is some other problem with real fuels or Tac life support that is doing that.

If you can't edit the "tank" in the capsule to add electricity, try the latest "Fuel_Conversions.cfg" from Raptor831's github. It works for me (even though Module Manager says it contains errors).

If you can't edit the "tank" in the capsule to add electricity, try the latest "Fuel_Conversions.cfg" from Raptor831's github. It works for me (even though Module Manager says it contains errors).

Yeah, yeah that works nice, I love you.

The last time I checked, the current version of Stock Revamp only increases the RAM overhead by ~60Mb, And the way things seem to be going, I might just manage to bring the cost down to or slightly below stock levels by the time I'm done.

This is why I like you and your mod. Neither wish to cause my machine to cry itself into a memory leaking stupor. :)

Has anyone had an issue with not being able to click parts when you have attached them in the VAB? Solar panels and the hitchhiker storage becomes un-clickable for me.

That's due to the Texture Replacer reflective mesh. If you really want them reflective, saving and reloading the craft will enable clicking on them again, or you can delete the TR config.

That's due to the Texture Replacer reflective mesh. If you really want them reflective, saving and reloading the craft will enable clicking on them again, or you can delete the TR config.

That's great, thanks for the info!

Do you have hotrockets installed? Deleting the relevant emissives file in the hotrockets folder should fix the issue.

I recently reinstalled the game and haven't put in hotrockets, so it isn't the source of the collision issue.

I've noticed this too, but only on the turbojets.

I think I just figured out the problem! I've been having this same exact issue with my animated engines :P . In unity animated parts seem to act really strange if the collider is childed underneath the object that holds the animation component. Ven's turbojet has an animation linked to it that isn't in use, but I'm guessing that the collider(s) for the part are childed under that. To fix it on my parts I made the collider a child of the empty game object that I used for the part and it's working great now.

Ven if you read this I would suggest doing just that and see what happens :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.