[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Nice. Just one minor issue -- I'm getting some z-fighting when stacking the new cubic octagonal strut model on itslelf.

Same thing with stacked fuel tanks.

Love these parts otherwise, will we see a revamped Mk 1 cockpit soon? I really can't stand the new stock version, not even the amount of sides is coherent with the other parts.

Same thing with stacked fuel tanks.

Love these parts otherwise, will we see a revamped Mk 1 cockpit soon? I really can't stand the new stock version, not even the amount of sides is coherent with the other parts.

I would rather see a revamp of the original mk2 cockpit or the mk3 parts.

Thats what I was missing...Updated.

I played around with the docking ports and lightened up the nozzels.

I'm using MM so I don't have to change the CFG's (And so I can draw from them with any additional parts I add).

Ideally I'll have two different versions of this mod:

One that completely overwrites the stock parts, with an slight overall increase in ram usage.

The other will be a separate pack that tells the stock CFG's to use my parts instead of Squads. So mods that reference/modify or use stock parts will still look and work the same as normal. But you ram usage is increased (sense the game is basically loading two of most things).

When I release the old wings, they'll reference the new SP+ parts, So if you install FAR or NEAR, the older wings are effected by the changes to the new wings.

1.3 is now up, and has .25 compatability:

http://imgur.com/a/0JBXH

In this update I removed my add-on folder (which will be released shortly, once I get the CFG's sorted out.)

Can you add back the stripes on the long FL-T800? I miss them so much! Also, the thin grey stripe along the FL-T400. Also, the black on the rocket nozzles are still too black (aside from LV-N/909/T45/T30) And maybe bring the rings on the fuel tanks out a bit, right now they look too flat. Really all of the black in this mod is too dark. Black should really be more of a Dark Dark Grey.

I AM SO HAPPY WITH YELLOW STRIPES ON HITCHHIKER STORAGE CONTAINER I MIGHT CRY TEARS OF JOY

What's the SRB-like object, and what's the RT-12?

Edited by GregroxMun

This just keeps getting BETTER! The remodels are awesome. Quick question: What programs are you using to make these models and textures? If possible I might make my own edits (if okay by you). Really all I want to change is the Mk2 lander can size :P. I want a version that has only your texture :P. Gorgeous.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I've got a small but catastrophic bug to report. I'm mentioning it here because it can be fixed without an update.

Version 1.3 has a capitalization typo. The Parts folder is called "parts" rather than the correct "Parts". This isn't an issue on windows systems because windows doesn't see any difference. But linux takes characters very literally. So when I installed this mod I was left with two folders, the stock "Parts" and the "parts" revamp. This caused serious problems (ie game no start). So anyone trying to play this on linux, especially those trying to remove it after it doesn't work the first time (me) look for the double folder and move everything in "parts" to "Parts" and delete as needed.

I've got a small but catastrophic bug to report. I'm mentioning it here because it can be fixed without an update.

Version 1.3 has a capitalization typo. The Parts folder is called "parts" rather than the correct "Parts". This isn't an issue on windows systems because windows doesn't see any difference. But linux takes characters very literally. So when I installed this mod I was left with two folders, the stock "Parts" and the "parts" revamp. This caused serious problems (ie game no start). So anyone trying to play this on linux, especially those trying to remove it after it doesn't work the first time (me) look for the double folder and move everything in "parts" to "Parts" and delete as needed.

Oh! sorry about that! I'm now updating the download along with a few other small bits. Thanks for posting this!

This just keeps getting BETTER! The remodels are awesome. Quick question: What programs are you using to make these models and textures? If possible I might make my own edits (if okay by you). Really all I want to change is the Mk2 lander can size :P. I want a version that has only your texture :P. Gorgeous.

You said you wanted it to be stock sized right? If so here's the complete model (drop it in the lander cabin folder and it should* work).

*I didn't test it.

Can you add back the stripes on the long FL-T800? I miss them so much! Also, the thin grey stripe along the FL-T400. Also, the black on the rocket nozzles are still too black (aside from LV-N/909/T45/T30) And maybe bring the rings on the fuel tanks out a bit, right now they look too flat. Really all of the black in this mod is too dark. Black should really be more of a Dark Dark Grey.

I AM SO HAPPY WITH YELLOW STRIPES ON HITCHHIKER STORAGE CONTAINER I MIGHT CRY TEARS OF JOY

What's the SRB-like object, and what's the RT-12?

I really didn't like the stripes on the T800, but I agree with the gray band on the T400. And I'm not changing those models, because I want these tanks to look sleek.

The SRB is quad nozzle SRB, Based off of the early Minuteman ICBM, and RT-12 is a typo, I think...

THIS KEEPS HAPPENING!!!

http://i.imgur.com/JwdKqQB.jpg

WHY? The stock turbojet engines also always have the offset textures! ... I don't think it's one of my mods...

http://i.imgur.com/p8dyXaF.jpg

It's a weird bug that I've occasionally gotten, but it seems that others (not using my mod) are getting the textures or the position of the engine entirely messed up. Now If you manually reload the game (ALT-F12 and the space center screen) it should fix it, but If you reload with ModuleManager it gets all messed up.

These look fantastic Ven!

Some comments on the last album:

• The 909 is my favorite ;)
  • I like how you unified the look of the docking port with the one on the inline ones (handle basically)
  • You did a clever job of keeping the overall feel of the tanks. I also liked the dark stripes on the T800, but hey, you can do what you like. Looking forward to your take on the 2.5m ones ;)
  • The jet engines are gorgeous!

Just noticed a small issue with the Hitchhiker: the nodes are off-center relative to the mesh. Image:

IG4wni8.png

I noticed this because I rotated it 180 degrees around the node axes and the mesh moved around a bit. Might wanna check the position of the mesh in your modeling software and in Unity just to make sure it's positioned correctly. Since it lined up with the Lander Can correctly when not rotated I'm guessing the issue may exist in multiple parts.

Edit: Yep, Lander Can definitely has the same issue:

XSl0TRA.png

Edited by OrbitusII

Wow. Beautiful job here.

I was doing a texture replacement for the stock tanks, in a very-very similar way... but now I'm ashamed. (wasted time, lol)

I l-o-v-e the new rocket engines, seriously, I'm in love. I wish you could do the bigger ones (sorry, I'm a bit outdated, this models are yours?).

Wow. Beautiful job here.

I was doing a texture replacement for the stock tanks, in a very-very similar way... but now I'm ashamed. (wasted time, lol)

I l-o-v-e the new rocket engines, seriously, I'm in love. I wish you could do the bigger ones (sorry, I'm a bit outdated, this models are yours?).

Yep, he's remaking the models and the results are what you see here.

I don't know if you'd be at all interested in this, but my kingdom for your deployed parachutes with the old parachute models.

I've tried fiddling with the model and texture files, but I haven't yet found a combination that gives me the original lower-profile parachute case and your awesome-looking canopy textures.

Also, you deserve a knighthood or something for fixing the Mk 1-2 capsule. Both the odd positioning of the hatch and the limited number of attachment faces on the original made it such a pain to work with.

Edited by Boomerang

Am I bad at searching or were the Sepratron II and radial drogue chute extra parts removed? :P

I haven't seen them myself so they may be removed. Even if we don't have the normal-facing Separatrons I'd like to have those radial drogues, they should seriously have been stock from the day the drogue chutes were first added to the game.

Am I bad at searching or were the Sepratron II and radial drogue chute extra parts removed? :P
I haven't seen them myself so they may be removed. Even if we don't have the normal-facing Separatrons I'd like to have those radial drogues, they should seriously have been stock from the day the drogue chutes were first added to the game.

They were, but I re-added them during the 1.3b update.

I don't know if you'd be at all interested in this, but my kingdom for your deployed parachutes with the old parachute models.

I've tried fiddling with the model and texture files, but I haven't yet found a combination that gives me the original lower-profile parachute case and your awesome-looking canopy textures.

Also, you deserve a knighthood or something for fixing the Mk 1-2 capsule. Both the odd positioning of the hatch and the limited number of attachment faces on the original made it such a pain to work with.

So which parachutes do you want slimmed?

And another progress update: (can you spot the two changes?)

408MhOv.jpg?1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.