[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Had the same issue. You will notice that several other tanks added by Ven have the same issue.

I'm guessing you have CryoEngines installed?

Basically, it would appear that the order of patches is applied in a way that breaks it. I was able to fix it pretty easily by adding :FIRST to Ven's ExtraTanks.cfg file like so:

I made a pull request for this change.

I made a pull request for this change.

That should really be something that changes in the CryoEngines mod though - those patches should be :FOR[zCryoEngines] or :FINAL - there are plenty of other mods that create new parts on their particular MM passes.

I'm experiencing an issue with the "Ant" LV-1 where it is throwing up:

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NullRefs in the VAB and then on launch the engine staging icon is not listed in the staging order. When launching a vehicle with an "Ant" LV-1 included the craft gets to around 300m/s and the camera zooms out and then this happens again periodically at higher instances of speed. The craft will eventually (around orbital velocity) instantaneously explode and accelerate up to crazy high velocity. I've also encountered heating issues with craft that include this engine where parts around it will rapidly overheat.

The part in question is the "microEngine" and this was testing on a clean install with the latest build of VSR using commit 694e845ba2 26th Aug and occurs running at x86 and x64.

To replicate this on a clean install I started a new Sandbox, then built the following craft, Mk1 Command Pod > FL-T400 Tank > LV-1 Ant Engine > TR-18A Stack Decoupler > FL-T800 Tank > LV-T45 Engine, with all the fire-able stages in separate stages.

Also note that I first noticed this issue/bug when using my heavily modded install so it seems the problem persists at the clean install level. I noticed in the config file that there is a fairing jettison module for this engine relating to a tankbutt but I am not sure if a tankbutt is included on this engine, could that be the module culprit? Anyway, would someone please verify this issue too?

P.S. I have also raised an issue on GitHub.

Cool parts! Love them, but I have some problems with Mk-16 chute with Real Chutes and VSR installed, could anyone help?

https://youtu.be/KNbWSN93MX0?list=PLEJSV4cxp9L5Xi44X7ccM2ixngrJk9_Su

Hello there,

I've an issue with you revamp as the parachute can't be edited through Realchute interface... At least those that are revamped. RealChute appear in the description but can't access the configurator through the action groups editor.

Looks like I'm not the only one, who have faced the problem.

Edited by panzerwaffe044

Would try this, but your decision to move the crew hatch on the Mk1-2 capsule makes it incompatible with sumghai's SumDum Heavy Industries service module suite.

You can rotate the boost cover in the editor. It's a minor inconvenience at best, really.

Yeah. There is something wrong with the jettison module on that part. It spams the log with exceptions when selected in the editor.

I'm going to go ahead and confirm this - TweakableEverything especially doesn't like it. Once I reach 6km, the camera loses tracking of the vessel and I break up and basically, I don't get to go to space today.

[ModuleTweakableJettison] Skipping problematic jettisonModule; this may be a part design problem
jettisonModule=microEngine (ModuleJettison)
jettisonModule.jettisonName=TankButt
jettisonModule.jettisonTransform=null

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryModification.StockJettisonTransformGeoUpdater..ctor (.ModuleJettison engineFairing, FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule geoModule) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.SetupIGeometryUpdaters () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ModuleJettison.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The latter is repeated ad infinitum until I get annoyed enough to close KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.