[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

All of the pictures I can find show thrusters pretty clearly (e.g. this one). Not sure about text sources but it seems like concrete specs are pretty hard to come by anyway.

Those are the actual locations of the RCS thrusters on the Orion capsule as of unit layout in 2013, as far as I know, no changes were made prior to the test flight in Dec 2014, so unless they make adjustments (not likely) that will be the active capsule for the foreseeable future.

- - - Updated - - -

After starting a new save with this mod this happens: http://gfycat.com/YellowishGlossyCamel

Any idea what causes this? Tried with both decoupler and stack seperator

I was having this problem as well for awhile until I installed RealHeat. This fixes a lot of my heating problems on launch. Try it out and see if it helps!

Is this post has already been made aware, please excuse me. I am only 9 weeks into playing KSP and still wrapping my head around the mods. I think [i think] there might be a conflict with Ven and Real Parachute? I cannot re-size any of the chutes, was curious if this is a known issue and if there is a fix that I can apply?

Thank you.

Okay, I was easily able to locate the github location, but the latest version that is on there.. is what I have installed. We you stating that I need an older version or?

Okay, I was easily able to locate the github location, but the latest version that is on there.. is what I have installed. We you stating that I need an older version or?

Go here: https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp

on the right there is a button Download ZIP, click him to download.

Edited by robson1000

With Ven's and RealChute, the mk16 parachute has no staging icon, and always tries to deploy on launch. :( oddly, this is only an issue with the mk16 parachute, all the other stock chutes and the ones added by RC work just fine.

Removing the top and bottom of the maintenance bays is just ugly, and makes it impossible to properly store items inside protected from the heat.

Edited by Prezombie

With Ven's and RealChute, the mk16 parachute has no staging icon, and always tries to deploy on launch. :( oddly, this is only an issue with the mk16 parachute, all the other stock chutes and the ones added by RC work just fine.

Removing the top and bottom of the maintenance bays is just ugly, and makes it impossible to properly store items inside protected from the heat.

Read the post immediately above yours. Use that version -- it's prerelease but fixes those concerns.

I still want the Ven parts, but I want to have them in addition to the stock parts so i have more aesthetic options for my crafts. Since I spend most of my time in KSP building Fighter jets I would like more Visual options for differentiating my jets per Faction.

I still want the Ven parts, but I want to have them in addition to the stock parts so i have more aesthetic options for my crafts. Since I spend most of my time in KSP building Fighter jets I would like more Visual options for differentiating my jets per Faction.

You can change all the @PART patches in GameData/VenStockRevamp/Squad to +PART patches.

You can change all the @PART patches in GameData/VenStockRevamp/Squad to +PART patches.

Got them to show up separately in the VAB, but they reverted to the stock model on launch. Should I also change the @model in the pathpatches CFGs to +model as well?

It also didn't work for all parts as I now have some duplicates of some of vens parts instead of having Vens part sidebyside with stock parts.

Edited by ShawnPhillips

Got them to show up separately in the VAB, but they reverted to the stock model on launch. Should I also change the @model in the pathpatches CFGs to +model as well?

You should probably just remove the path patches. They're intended to change parts in other mods that use stock models to use Ven's

Deleting them made everything work in the VAB. But they still revert to the stock models when I launch.

Right, because the parts need new names. Try adding this line to all of the +PART patches in GameData/VenStockRevamp/Squad:

@name ^= :$:_ven:

This will update all those parts so that they have unique names (which KSP uses to identify parts), so for example you will have mk1pod and mk1pod_ven. Note that this is different than the title, which is what you actually see. If you wanted to update the title too you could use something like @title ^= :$: (Ven):

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.