[WIP] .25 - PaladinLabs Dev Thread - DeepFreeze cryonic crew storage - v.14

scottpaladin

Will DeepFreeze get updated for .25? -Not rushing, but just wondering if it will to save space on my MOD listing for .25

cheers, :D

I already recompiled my code against .25 and tested very briefly and it doesn't look like anything is broke.

Sorry that there hasn't been much out of me in the past couple of weeks, first I was waiting until .25 and then once it hit some life stuff came up and I haven't been able to put together the time. I should be able to get some progress this week.

Making my first release for people to start testing. DeepFreeze can now be downloaded here or here.

I tested this against a couple of different mods and so far it looks like everything works as expected, but obviously I can't test every mod out for KSP individually. Please let me know if you experience any problems (with steps to reproduce, please).

Currently the only known issue I've got is that the right-click actions don't update in real time. You'll have to click off and back on to get them to update.

Have fun!

Edited by scottpaladin

@scottpaladin

Awesome Mod! :)

Could you make the unit match the size (and look) of the side-pods of the IXS mod? The two go together (especially the non-warp capable stock version) like strawberries and cream.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92816-NASA-IXS-Class-Warpship-and-Spacedocks-For-KSP-I-and-Stock-KSP

Thats what I did to use this Mod with IXS,a MM patch for the Crew Module:

@PART[CrewModule]
{
RESOURCE
{
name = Glykerol
amount = 40
maxAmount = 40
}
MODULE
{
name = DeepFreezer
FreezerSize = 4
IsCrewableWhenFull = true
ChargeRequired = 288
ChargeRate = 2.8
}
MODULE
{
name = SimplePartModule
}
}

Btw, I noticed that frozen Kerbals are listed in the "Lost" tab in Astronaut Complex (*edit Maybe this is related to FireCrew mod).

Isn't there a way to implement a new tab, called lets say... "Frozen" or "Stasis" or "Ice lolly" or something like that, and move those CoolKerbals in there?

Edited by johnwayne1930

Btw, I noticed that frozen Kerbals are listed in the "Lost" tab in Astronaut Complex (*edit Maybe this is related to FireCrew mod).

Isn't there a way to implement a new tab, called lets say... "Frozen" or "Stasis" or "Ice lolly" or something like that, and move those CoolKerbals in there?

Yeah, that's an artifact of me setting kerbals as "dead" while they're in cryostorage. It's on my list of stuff I'd like to update once I figure out how and have to time to do the work. Currently the top of my list are some functionality to allow you to move frozen kerbals from one storage container to another and a cleaner UI.

Dang! I leave the community for a while and shortly after I return... this! Great work Scottpaladin (and your artist), and just in time for my AAR. Well, I'm still catching up, but I really needed this to get things right. Much appreciated. I hope you have some luck with the 'Dead/Alive/Frozen' state thing as well. I have no clue how hard that is, but since KSP implemented the view in the crew area of the Space Center with the indications of who goes where, even if you added another state it'd be tricky, as those Kerbals in the 'Frozen' state wouldn't show up anywhere there.

• 3 weeks later...
Making my first release for people to start testing. DeepFreeze can now be downloaded here or here.

I tested this against a couple of different mods and so far it looks like everything works as expected, but obviously I can't test every mod out for KSP individually. Please let me know if you experience any problems (with steps to reproduce, please).

Currently the only known issue I've got is that the right-click actions don't update in real time. You'll have to click off and back on to get them to update.

Have fun!

Excellent! The perfect complement to my KSPI save!

v0.13 Released.

Find the 'new version' on github or Kerbalstuff.

Don't get your hopes up on anything neat or new here. It's literally just the addition of support for KSP-AVC. My attention has be occupied elsewhere as of late and I haven't gotten much done here. But I'd like to be prepared for when I can get back to this.

v0.13 Released.

Find the 'new version' on github or Kerbalstuff.

Don't get your hopes up on anything neat or new here. It's literally just the addition of support for KSP-AVC. My attention has be occupied elsewhere as of late and I haven't gotten much done here. But I'd like to be prepared for when I can get back to this.

Ummm... The .version file you packaged with 0.13 still has the version at 0.12, which agitates KSP-AVC...

Nice idea, thanks. But i want ask something. Is this mod compatible with TAC Life Support? Namely, if i put Kerbals in this crew storage, are Kerbals still use water, oxygen and food?

Edited by iCT

This was from the first post. I assume it still functions this way.

alongside any other mod that affects a vessel's crew it will effectively remove the frozen kerbal from being tracked or modified. Life support mods, for example, will not consume resources for frozen kerbals.

Nice idea, thanks. But i want ask something. Is this mod compatible with TAC Life Support? Namely, if i put Kerbals in this crew storage, are Kerbals still use water, oxygen and food?

I tested it against TAC in particular. Frozen Kerbals don't consume resources.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.