NASA IXS Class Warpship, and Spacedocks - For KSP-I and Stock KSP

Stevie_D

This is so beautiful I cried manly tears.

EDIT: I'm having a problem with the Quantum Vacuum Thruster: no matter the configuration, it doesn't fire up and says: "ElectricCharge deprived!". Anyone knows how to fix this?

Edited by sam445

This is so beautiful I cried manly tears.

EDIT: I'm having a problem with the Quantum Vacuum Thruster: no matter the configuration, it doesn't fire up and says: "ElectricCharge deprived!". Anyone knows how to fix this?

Ditto on this question and how do i use the space docks? thanks.

There seems to be a problem with the IXS Main Hull part. During the craft build everything looks normal, but at some point, for example a game restart, if you load that same craft, and try to remove the Main hull, its top node doesnt exist anymore.

Deleting the part, and placing another, takes us back to where we started. All ok, until a game restart.

One thing to mention though is this occurs while one specific node of the Hull is occupied. In the above example, if you detach the part that is on that node, and reatach it, then the top node of the hull is working again. (The node is the front-right, as you look at the part in vab)

Now of course, if that was the only problem, it wouldnt be much. But i noticed in my already in orbit craft, that im getting a hip load of Null Ref errors spam.

I think the same bug happens here, where the node "vanishes", and the games goes ":confused:"

I dont know what could be the culprit, but from the top of my head im suspecting a collider issue perhaps? or a node placement/naming error in unity.

Final note is, that we dont get any errors while in the editor, even if the bug appears there.

I cant for the life of me remember if having many nodes with the same name in a parts cfg, messes up stuff.

I see the MainHull part, that's bugging me on the above post, and the IXSCommandModule parts having that issue with multiple nodes, can anyone shed some light?

Ill go and rename the extra nodes, by adding a number at the end to differentiate them for tests first chance i get.

EDIT: FIX For the node problem:

In the IXSCommandModule folder, change the following lines in ixscommod.cfg

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.773, 1.334, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.268, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3
node_stack_bottom = 3.6, 1.677, 0.04, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_bottom = -3.6, 1.677, 0.04, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0

To:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.268, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3
node_stack_bottom = 3.6, 1.677, 0.04, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_bottom = -3.6, 1.677, 0.04, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.773, 1.334, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

And in IXSstockMainHull folder change the following lines in MainHull.cfg

node_stack_top = 0.0, 5.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -4.608, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3

node_attach = 0.0, 0.985, 2.337, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_attach = 0.0, 0.985, -2.337, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

node_attach = -5.9526, 0.985, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0
node_attach = 5.9526, 0.985, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_top = -3.689, -2.160, 1.495, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_top = -3.689, -2.160, -1.495, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

node_stack_top = 3.694, -2.160, 1.495, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_top = 3.694, -2.160, -1.495, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

To:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -4.608, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3

node_attach = 0.0, 0.985, 2.337, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_attach = 0.0, 0.985, -2.337, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

node_attach = -5.9526, 0.985, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0
node_attach = 5.9526, 0.985, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_top = -3.689, -2.160, 1.495, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_top = -3.689, -2.160, -1.495, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

node_stack_top = 3.694, -2.160, 1.495, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_top = 3.694, -2.160, -1.495, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_top = 0.0, 5.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3

Basically, what i did here is making the correct nodes, the ones that are used when you first load that part, to connect to the others, to appear last in the cfg. The game parses that line last, and that fixes the problem with the vanishing node. Plus it does not break already flying crafts.

Just for arguments sake, what it should be done, in the proper way, is that the node_stack_x 's should have different names, like node_stack_top1, node_stack_top2, node_stack_bottom3 etc etc, to prevent such confusions to the game code. If you do that though, it will break your already flying ships, or even if it doesn't break them, the changes will not apply to the already flying ones.

Now as for the null ref error spam, they come from the engine. You can reproduce this if you just take a probe core, stack the engine and launch. That part is bogged down to hell if you ask me, since it points to model.mu (which does not exist), to an animation that cant be read from the model, and has a "ModuleTestSubject" Module, that i dont even wanna know what it does (although its on the stock part as well).

Edited by Thourion

Mother of god Slimjim...Any chance you could list the mods used to create this thing? On a tangential note, what is it like playing KSP on a supercomputer and/or at 1 frame per second?

You can find the .craft in the spacecraft exchange subforum(with modlist), and it plays at 5-6 fps at this moment for me. Should include the special cpu settings guide I used now when I think of it.. I'll do that later! Glad you like! :D

"ModuleTestSubject" Module, that i dont even wanna know what it does (although its on the stock part as well).

It's for career mode, you can get contracts for testing parts with this module.

OK... I'm going to pretend that I am stupid. I install as directed, and the parts show up; but I cannot get the cockpit to connect to any other parts in stock. I have the stock version BTW. I can get all the other parts to work; but the cockpit WILL NOT connect. Please, can someone explain what is going wrong?

OK... I'm going to pretend that I am stupid. I install as directed, and the parts show up; but I cannot get the cockpit to connect to any other parts in stock. I have the stock version BTW. I can get all the other parts to work; but the cockpit WILL NOT connect. Please, can someone explain what is going wrong?

The cockpit has to be the root part. Start with the cockpit, then attach parts to that. It's a known issue, I'm sure it's being fixed for the next release. :)

@Fr8monkey Yeah do what Neutrinovore said. Also check my edits in the 2 parts cfg, to temporary fix the node problem that appears on the hull (it could also fix the cockpit not sure)

Also as temporary "fix" for the null errors spam of the engine, i just went and made a copy of the stock ION engine. Edited its mass, thrust etc etc to match the IXS one, and used rescaleFactor = 6 to fit its size. And use that one instead.

why no updates yet?

the original poster hasn't been around much.

also, that comment came off as kinda whiny and ungrateful, considering it was made to someone who put all this work into these models, textures and parts, and they just gave them to you, free of charge. you should consider rephrasing, you know, to minimize embarrassment.

the original poster hasn't been around much.

also, that comment came off as kinda whiny and ungrateful, considering it was made to someone who put all this work into these models, textures and parts, and they just gave them to you, free of charge. you should consider rephrasing, you know, to minimize embarrassment.

To piggy-back, yeah forum activity shows that Stevie hasnt been seen for approximately 2 weeks now. Lets hold off on marking this mod as dead, because he sure has put a lot of work in to it.

To piggy-back, yeah forum activity shows that Stevie hasnt been seen for approximately 2 weeks now. Lets hold off on marking this mod as dead, because he sure has put a lot of work in to it.

who said anything about marking it as dead. it's still going into my critical mods list. this mod is all parts, textures, and models; it should work fine once we get the dependencies up.

I would love to see this mod get updated. I have it installed in my fresh 0.25 game. The ship is absolutely gorgeous, but it is currently non-functional. I am getting an error message about the ship being out of UF4. However, there is no resource slot available for that in the Anti-Matter Reactor, nor does it accept externally mounted tanks fed into it.

i have a problem, so i downloaded this mod, for stock version, i cant seem to have any choise for warping, when iright click the rings all i see are energy and xenon gas amounts left same as in fuel tanks, but i have no choice for anything else, just fuel levels, im playing sandbox x64

i have a problem, so i downloaded this mod, for stock version, i cant seem to have any choise for warping, when iright click the rings all i see are energy and xenon gas amounts left same as in fuel tanks, but i have no choice for anything else, just fuel levels, im playing sandbox x64

Warping doesn't work unless you have KSP Interstellar Lite http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/91867-0-24-2-Interstellar-Lite-Tweakscale-Integration-v0-12-3-Sept-7

Regular Interstellar might work too.

Also, if you are using the x64 version on Windows expect little to no support as it is a buggy mess.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.