[1.4.0] GCMonitor 1.4.8.0 - A graphic Memory monitor (Marsh 9th 2018)

sarbian

I should have asked to do it without vsync active since it does not make much sense with it.

I've now repeated the checks with vsync disabled in-game, and got the same results.. 25 FPS, regardless of whether "Only Update When Display is visible" was enabled or not.

I couldn't say if the ATI drivers were enforcing vsync anyway.. the Catalyst Control Centre refuses to install on my hardware, so I have no way to check. For what it's worth though, if I set vsync in-game to every second vblank, instead of every vblank, it does horrible things to the screen, so my guess is that disabling it in-game is working correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This will definetly be useful in trying to figure out the problems I've been having recently. I suspect a memory leak somewhere, but where I have no clue because KSP memory leaks too.

Is there a way to view memory usage by different mods in KSP like MechJeb or Routine Mission Manager?

Edit: What does a memory leak look like using this tool? Like what should I look for?

Edited by smjjames

Sarbian, this mod just helped me figure out which mod was causing me to crash to desktop every 20 minutes.

(turned out to be Wider Contracts eating a meg a second whenever the contract window was actually open)

< elvis >ThankYouVeryMuch< /elvis >

This will definetly be useful in trying to figure out the problems I've been having recently. I suspect a memory leak somewhere, but where I have no clue because KSP memory leaks too.

Is there a way to view memory usage by different mods in KSP like MechJeb or Routine Mission Manager?

Edit: What does a memory leak look like using this tool? Like what should I look for?

A memory leak will appear as a constantly increase in the amount of memory used, usually for no reason

This seems to work OK in 1.0, however, I immediately set Blizz'y Toolbar to display the icon.... Then, when I check the "Display Launcher Icon", it adds it to the stock toolbar, but then you can never remove it again by toggling the checkbox...

Is it normal that every time I revert to launch RAM usage jumps up?

I was testing MJ assent profiles, and game crashed after about 20 reverts.

KSP 1.0, less then 20 mods.

it also happens in stock, but jumps are smaller.

is this normal for KSP?

is this normal for KSP?

This has been happening to me for as long as I can remember, not sure if it's normal though. I never really bothered to ask.

is this normal for KSP?

This has been around forever and I've noticed it without GC Monitor using external programs to monitor program RAM usage. Every revert I've ever made - launch or VAB/SPH - has always made the RAM usage jump. I'm certain that it shouldn't but... :confused:

Is 25.0 FPS the lowest it will go? cause even launching ridiculous ships the counter has never gone below that 25, even when I can see that I am only getting below 10.

Not a complaint just an observation since I only use this to watch the mem usage. :)

Is 25.0 FPS the lowest it will go? cause even launching ridiculous ships the counter has never gone below that 25, even when I can see that I am only getting below 10.

Not a complaint just an observation since I only use this to watch the mem usage. :)

As far as I know, yes, that's as low as it goes. Sarbian would have to confirm this for sure but I've never seen it go lower either. But, like you, I only use it for RAM monitoring so it's never been an issue for me either.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there, I was asked to give this a go to troubleshoot some issues I am having.

What can I do with the information this tool displays?

See how much memory KSP is using. If it gets over about 3.4 or so you're in danger of crashing on the next scene change.

Can you post a new release that is built against 1.0.2 the current build works fine in 1.0.2 but it is kinda annoying having AVC yell at me each time it is loaded telling me it was built for .90

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.