[0.90] Resource Overview for VAB/SPH [v1.2.0.0, 16. Dec]

SMILIE

I wanted to see all the resources on the vessel I was building (so I can see for example if I have enough battery power) but there didn't exist anything simple like this so I tried making it myself.

Resource Overview for VAB/SPH

It's a simple plugin which shows you following things in the VAB/SPH:

• Total/Dry Mass
  • Crew Capacity
  • Part Count
  • All Resources on the vessel an their max amount

It is integrated with blizzy's toolbar as well with the stock app launcher.

Total/dry mass, crew capacity and part count can be toggled on/off in the settings window. Toolbar and stock app launcher can also be enabled/disabled via the settings window.

Images

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download

KerbalStuff

GitHub

Current version: 1.2.0.0

Changelog

• fixed for 0.90
  • started TWR but only works for a single stage
  • fixed ZIP folder structure --> there should only be a ResourceOverview folder in your GameData folder, without any version number!

• Made the texture loading for the Toolbar more failsave.

• Recompiled for 0.25
  • fixed spelling error

FAQ

I removed it from the toolbar AND app launcher, what should I do?

Go to GameData/ResourceOverview/PluginData/ResourceOverview/ and open config.xml

Change the following lines from:

<bool name="showToolbar">0</bool>
<bool name="showAppLauncher">0</bool>

to

<bool name="showToolbar">1</bool>
<bool name="showAppLauncher">1</bool>

TODO

• Show fancy bars (like the resource panel in flight) ?!

Please add feature whishes/bugs to https://github.com/phwoelfel/ResourceOverview/issues

Licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

Source Code: https://github.com/phwoelfel/ResourceOverview

Thanks to the developers of Mechjeb2, RCS Build Aid, InfernalRobotics, AGExt and especially TriggerAU for his tutorial "An Adventure in Plugin Coding"! This code helped me a lot!

Edited by SMILIE

• 4 weeks later...

Nice plug-in ! I have a similar idea not so long ago while creating a supply ship (which is a pain without having such display of resources in VAB/SPH).

One possible feature (which make it a kind of MJ) is resources amount target => suggest parts to get it.

ie: I want to carry 4000 unit of Xenon gas, I enter 4000 and resource: Xe, after some time (get all parts which can contains Xe), it gives a list:

radial Xe tank: 10

Xe tank: 6 (+200 extra units)

It may be an extra module or even another plug-in.

(but it may be very complicated in fact, with common resources and lot's of mods installed + parts filter like PartCaralog or SPO: take hidden part in account or not).

I too, have narrowed that exact error to this mod. I have an assortment of mods but this kept happening every time this mod is present. I ain't no modder so I can't of course say if this ain't an incompatibility of this mod with another mod, but here goes my attempt at debugging.

Method of testing: Remove mods, start a new career game. 32bit KSP. Straight to VAB, take the Command Pod Mk1 and straight to the launch pad. Step out with Jeb, walk a few feet, take surface sample and EVA report, walk back to the pod and board. Then attempt to return to the VAB or Space Center via the buttons above the altimeter.

Error: When attempting to Retrieve Vessel or return to space center through the buttons above the altimeter the resource overview and IVA/EVA pictures and buttons vanish. I am not returned to the VAB nor the Space Center and can't do so even through the ESC-menu at this point. Buttons do click but don't do anything, game doesn't freeze or crash. Only way out of it is ALT+F4. ALT+F12 debug window reports an [Exception]:Nullreference.

Output_log.txt from a fresh install of 32bit KSP with only Resource Overview installed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ubaksuxkg6qfeb/output_log.txt?dl=0

Hope this helps.

Updated to version 1.0.1.1.

Could it be that you moved it to another folder than ResourceOverview? It seemed that it failed to load the icon for it.

The new version should now check the path and use the right one (at least for the App Launcher button) and does some exception handling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is this mod supposed to install to the GameData directory with a foldername that includes the version number? Many mods I've run across have the folder structure hard-coded, and often they require the folder structure to be consistent across versions.

• 2 weeks later...

Just updated it to work with 0.90!

I also started on the TWR thing but currently it only works with a single stage! I'll have to work some more on it to work properly but I don't have much time right now so it might take until after christmas before I can fix it.

Also I can't select 0.90 as compatible version on KerbalStuff yet so please download it from Github until I can upload it there! Now on KerbalStuff too!

• fixed for 0.90
  • started TWR but only works for a single stage
  • fixed ZIP folder structure --> there should only be a ResourceOverview folder in your GameData folder, without any version number!

Download

KerbalStuff

GitHub

Current version: 1.2.0.0

Edited by SMILIE

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm using version 1.2.1 of KSP and really wanted this mod because I am using USI (MKS and LS) and therefore there are lots of resources in most of the ships. I need to see my totals! So I forked the source and recompiled it for 1.2.1 here: https://github.com/Felbourn/ResourceOverview/releases/tag/version_1.2.1.0

I have only tested on my own computer. No promises. :)

Also, since it's just a recompile, any previous bugs or unfinished features are still going to be there (or not there).

• 5 years later...
On 12/29/2016 at 9:29 PM, Felbourn said:

I'm using version 1.2.1 of KSP and really wanted this mod because I am using USI (MKS and LS) and therefore there are lots of resources in most of the ships. I need to see my totals! So I forked the source and recompiled it for 1.2.1 here: https://github.com/Felbourn/ResourceOverview/releases/tag/version_1.2.1.0

I have only tested on my own computer. No promises. :)

Also, since it's just a recompile, any previous bugs or unfinished features are still going to be there (or not there).

I've been looking for this!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.