[PLUGIN, PARTS 14.0+] MultiJointPart Framework 0.4.1

sarkun

Hey guys, another version of the plugin and parts is up for grabs in the first post - I got around and improved the models and textures of the panels and lander legs - they may not be the prettiest out there, but they are at least decent looking, and best animating :>

I\'ve also made a new video promo to go with it.

The major change in this update is the new arm_config.cfg parser, that makes it MUCH easier to create complicated animations.

So... what would you guys want next? I\'m thinking about arms that would animate constantly in a loop - like a radar dish constantly spinning, or an antenna slowly changing it\'s direction...

Some of you been asking for electricity producing panels - I could write an electricity framework instead, as there doesn\'t seem to exist any community friendly electricity plugin.

If anyone has a model they\'d like to animate give me a shout, I\'ll see what I can do :(

Heya, sarkun; Great work!

My suggestions would be support for extendable parts, and the ability to change what key is used for each part (easy to code in). (Just saw that this was already supported, sorry!) Other than that, 'axis' points would be cool, for spinny stuff.

Also, if you have the time to model, as well, I\'d like a 90-degree landing gear (couldn\'t figure out the arm_config).

1 word?

DOCKING? O.O? is it possible with these???!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If you tell me how do you figure a plugin with description:

I present a MutliJointâ„¢ Part plugin, that has the ability to animate (rotation or movement) an arbitrary number of \'arms\' on a single part.

could allow for docking, I\'ll give you a cookie. In the meantime:

http://youtu.be/sTeLkBtVlUs

Those will keep on spinning forever. I figure guys modeling space stations could use parts like this? :)

First post updated with slightly updated plugin (better parser, support for rotating parts). Damn, I\'m coding plugins (you can check the almost finished cargo bay in my other parts pack thread) and have so little time to do modeling - if someone would want to make use of the rotation capability to make some cool looking space station parts, that would be awesome!

Holy crap nice job! Why don\'t you release that space-station part you showed in the showcase movie? It seemed fine to me, and I would love to mess with it.

It is in the pack if you want it. It\'s just not very pretty :(

Sarkun, the parts don\'t seem to work with .3 :\'(

What seems to be a problem? They seem to work fine on my end (but the patcher crashed on me in a weird way, it says I\'m on 14.3 but maybe I\'m still on 14.2)

Oh. Motherfu**.

Sarkun\'s folder in the zip is still named 'Plugin' not 'Plugins'.

:-[

The hell. I can\'t find the new version of the plugin where I would have downloaded it. :-[ :-X S:|

Which means maybe I\'m using an old one anyway..

They appear in the VAB but they\'re greyed. The tooltip says they\'re not supported in this version of KSP.

Guys, I\'ve just downloaded the archive from dropbox and the folder is named ok, and everything works fine on 14.3. So try the standard way:

remove the parts (prefix MJP), remove the plugin, download again, copy everything and tell me if it did help.

Cool pack! I was wondering if there were a way to mount other parts onto these - I\'m hoping to combine it with a radial decoupler so it extends first, then ejects (separate key). Is that something that can be done with plugins or does it require changes to Unity? Thanks!

Cool pack! I was wondering if there were a way to mount other parts onto these - I\'m hoping to combine it with a radial decoupler so it extends first, then ejects (separate key). Is that something that can be done with plugins or does it require changes to Unity? Thanks!

It should be possible, but currently not with this plugin.

Generally, when parts are attached radially they use the main node_collider, so the plugin should move the main collider - this plugin may only move the additional ones.

Also, I\'m not sure here but I think that joint system is independent of the graphical parts - so it would have to be a separate routine.

To sum it up: I think it is possible, but quite different from the approach used here.

you asked for ideas. How about a long arm with an RCS unit at the end (only works after deployment). Soaler panels that work to add electricity. Or an arm that is amid at a target in it movement range.

Kerbol (soaler panels)

kerbin (cameras)

KSP (satellite dish)

The Mun

Debris/Capsule (lights)

Let me know what you think.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.