[PLUGIN, PARTS 14.0+] MultiJointPart Framework 0.4.1

sarkun

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sadly the plugin doesn\'t work on 0.15. :(

Yeah, I hope sarkun can find the time to fix this issue - personally I think at the moment that this plugin has the best landing legs and solar panels found in KSP. Can\'t wait to use them again!

Without this a bunch of (awesome) parts don\'t work. Let\'s hope Sarkun comes back.

You make it sound like he\'s gotten himself lost! His profile says he was last active a few days ago, probably busy with other things. I\'m sure when he gets the time he\'ll be back to update this awesome plugin.

Hello,

Since i needed this plugin to work otherwise i could not have fun with KSP i managed to fix it for 0.15, i had not spoken with the author, since the project is open-source i just fixed it in the quickest way i found and obviously if Sarkun want i will remove the link istantly without questions i just found 'useful' to share it since it works.

What changed?

- Originally the plugin checked the 'Parts/part_name/arm_conf.cfg' files for configuration

- Now it checks the folder 'PluginData/part_name.cfg' so in the package i moved the files there.

Download in attachment.

NOTE: Attempting to fix PKSCargoBay for Tyberdine shuttle cargobay.

Well aren\'t you a clever walrus.

NB: Might want to put the source somewhere, too. ;)

Right:

PKSMultiJointConfigParser.cs

Line 43 changed to: string[] config_file_lines = File.ReadAllLines<PKSMultiJointPart>(KSPUtil.ApplicationRootPath + part_name + '.cfg');

Hello,

Since i needed this plugin to work otherwise i could not have fun with KSP i managed to fix it for 0.15, i had not spoken with the author, since the project is open-source i just fixed it in the quickest way i found and obviously if Sarkun want i will remove the link istantly without questions i just found 'useful' to share it since it works.

What changed?

- Originally the plugin checked the 'Parts/part_name/arm_conf.cfg' files for configuration

- Now it checks the folder 'PluginData/part_name.cfg' so in the package i moved the files there.

Download in attachment.

Clever indeed. I did think about trying to fix it myself but I don\'t know enough about plugins to have even attempted it. Thank you.

Hello,

What changed?

Download in attachment.

I believe I may have found a bug, as I had never experienced this with this plugin prior to your fix:

Whenever my craft exceeds 200m/s within the atmosphere, specifically when I have the rotors attached to something, the part\'s model will entirely disappear and the camera view will continually move downward as if you were gaining new stages or something. Additionally when the part disappears, it causes the ship to veer out-of-control.

Sounds like the connection to the part suddenly became elastic, as was the problem with the cart mod\'s wheels at high vertical (relative to the cart) velocities. The camera tracks the center of mass, and due to parts of the rocket suddenly running away, the center of mass is moved back, pulling the camera with it. Drag is affected in a similar way; the center of pressure suddenly moves back toward (and likely past) the center of thrust, leading to instability (assuming that I understand that concept correctly; I\'m not really sure how center of pressure works).

I believe I may have found a bug, as I had never experienced this with this plugin prior to your fix:

Whenever my craft exceeds 200m/s within the atmosphere, specifically when I have the rotors attached to something, the part\'s model will entirely disappear and the camera view will continually move downward as if you were gaining new stages or something. Additionally when the part disappears, it causes the ship to veer out-of-control.

My editing have zero chance to cause such extended problems, i belive is just a problem with 0.15 that must be addressed by the author.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.