[1.12.x] Karbonite/Karbonite Plus (K+)

RoverDude

Is it intentional that you cant turn things on till it hits the resource your after? ie the scoop and drills I cant turn on untill its got resources in range. Im assuming the scoop is waiting for resources as i havent bothered to dig up where exactly it is... was to busy playing with the warp drive to bother yet :D i did notice the drill was not turning on till I set down on eve and then redeployed it then it would give the option to start drilling. same for the water scoops.

I take that back 1.0.2 i cant use the adv scoops at all... though i did make a cool looking "communications satalite" with 4 of them

Edited by Kendrick

Is it possible for players to edit the efficency of the k and k+ engine parts? It would be nice to make the isp on say the karbonite engines 25-50 ponts better than the standard game giving a reason to mine for karbonite. I edited the karbonite ratio on one of the engines and have not seen any changes on isp in game. It may also be tempting to use lox as a consumed coolent on the k+ parts.

Is the insane fps drop caused by K+ parts fixed?

Mainly the large fuel tanks.

I have no idea what you're talking about tbh - I have never had an FPS issue.

So... with solar heating, does anyone have ideas to make solar harvesting feasible again?

I'll be revisiting this, but I have ideas

Is it intentional that you cant turn things on till it hits the resource your after? ie the scoop and drills I cant turn on untill its got resources in range. Im assuming the scoop is waiting for resources as i havent bothered to dig up where exactly it is... was to busy playing with the warp drive to bother yet :D i did notice the drill was not turning on till I set down on eve and then redeployed it then it would give the option to start drilling. same for the water scoops.

I take that back 1.0.2 i cant use the adv scoops at all... though i did make a cool looking "communications satalite" with 4 of them

Sorry, this is just too vague and all over the map for me to work with. Let me know specifically what is not working, and provide a screenshot.

Is it possible for players to edit the efficency of the k and k+ engine parts? It would be nice to make the isp on say the karbonite engines 25-50 ponts better than the standard game giving a reason to mine for karbonite. I edited the karbonite ratio on one of the engines and have not seen any changes on isp in game. It may also be tempting to use lox as a consumed coolent on the k+ parts.

Sure, just do it via MM so you don't have an issue when updates come out.

That being said, Karbonite engines are pretty nice given their fuel density and their thrust which is still insane, and their ISP was not nerfed :D

sorry about that been a long day... on launch pad the adv scoop does not allow enabling of the collectors. Get it in the band of k and the buttons suddenly appear. I think the collector around the mun also suddenly started working so not sure if thats accurate as it hadent worked till my game crashed and I restarted. drills enable buttons are available when in a collectable resource but are not available in space and in soil's lacking any resource it can mine, water scoops are the same. I don't remember it being this way before the 1.o update, I remember it being turn it on and it tells you, you don't get squat/not present.

75A9A878A70CF08C07D84F4288FCA31E240565FA

0F0BC3A865CDD890B207EE474107D8297B2E9785

9BEC7CBA84FAE61D5A4072EC72D2FBD73DED5CC7

E2449C156933C21FB6DA3E542236CCE32811C794

Edited by Kendrick

Perhaps a little "Resource Not Available" in the context menu instead of the option just disappearing?

That would be a change to stock tho ;)

And it will show if stuff is not there - the issue is that the context menus are dynamic, it's what lets you have a variety of modules on a single part without cluttering your UI with bits that are not relevant in that situation.

Karbonite provides the DRT-40 Karbonite Drill that has a max output of 1 karbonite/s while using 6 electric charge/s

K+ provides the KA-625 Mini-Drill that has a max output of 1 karbonite/s while using 1 electric charge/s

(At least according to the text in the VAB)

Is this intended? Am I misunderstanding something maybe?

Rover back on those dynamic messages... is it expected to have the shutoff button disapear due to lack of energy... ie making it so you cant turn off an object since it is out of energy? I had a set of drills running and the probe didnt have much solar/batery so they would only run during the day at one point i decided to take off but due to lateness in the day it was low on energy so attempted to shut drills off so it would have energy to fly again. no luck since no buttongs to turn it off with.

Karbonite provides the DRT-40 Karbonite Drill that has a max output of 1 karbonite/s while using 6 electric charge/s

K+ provides the KA-625 Mini-Drill that has a max output of 1 karbonite/s while using 1 electric charge/s

(At least according to the text in the VAB)

Is this intended? Am I misunderstanding something maybe?

Misunderstanding or perhaps misreported in the VAB, small one should 1/10th the speed of the big.

So, I'm not able to see the torch drives in the tech tree. I think this is the same problem that someone mentioned over in the USI Warp Drive thread: The .cfg file lists them as being in the Experimental Rocketry node, which no longer exists.

I'm not exactly anywhere near torch drives in career mode, mind you....

So, I'm not able to see the torch drives in the tech tree. I think this is the same problem that someone mentioned over in the USI Warp Drive thread: The .cfg file lists them as being in the Experimental Rocketry node, which no longer exists.

I'm not exactly anywhere near torch drives in career mode, mind you....

They aren't there.

I'm having a problem with the drills and tanks from karbonite and K+ not showing in the tech tree, the parts show up in sandbox games, just not Career mode.

Never mind CTT was the cause for some reason.

Edited by lemmy1686

I'm having a problem with the drills and tanks from karbonite and K+ not showing in the tech tree, the parts show up in sandbox games, just not Career mode.

Never mind CTT was the cause for some reason.

Im not using CTT but I have the same issue w. Torch Drives, they show up in sandbox but not in career. I guess I have to use CTT to get a big part of this mod to work.

Edited by protoz

Im not using CTT but I have the same issue w. Torch Drives, they show up in sandbox but not in career. I guess I have to use CTT to get a big part of this mod to work.

Or edit the configs yourself until they get fixed in the next version.

I'm at a loss. With CTT enabled, I am able to see the Torch Drives in my parts list, but then there are no drills. Without CTT, there are no torch drives, but the drills are there.

I can understand why with CTT enabled, I can see the torch drives (experimental rocketry node exists in CTT, it no longer exists in the default tech tree). But I can't understand why I can't see the drills in my parts list with CTT. The drills use the tech node fuelSystems, and in the tech tree I can see that those parts show in the node, but in the VAB, they aren't in the list.

Or edit the configs yourself until they get fixed in the next version.

What am i looking for? Which config?

- - - Updated - - -

What am i looking for? Which config?

Nm I just merged torch w. fusion for tech.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.