[1.12.x] Karbonite/Karbonite Plus (K+)

RoverDude

On 4.6.2016 at 8:18 PM, RoverDude said:

See above, and a few posts above.  Sun altitude needs to be re-sorted, so in the interim your best bet is asteroids (Dres is good for this), Eve, or Eeloo.

Hey RoverDude,

I have managed to get a "mining probe" to an "class D" asteroid that have 2,6% Karborundum, 21% water, 19% ore 22% substrate, 0% Karbonite (out of almost 150t resources), but I cant drill it...

I can deploy the drills, but I can't start the Karborundum or Karbonite drilling. :(

What have I done wrong? :(

Thanks and have fun,

N3N

PS: Is there Karbonite on any asteroid?

PPS: Sorry for my english, but english is only my third language...

43 minutes ago, N3N said:

Hey RoverDude,

I have managed to get a "mining probe" to an "class D" asteroid that have 2,6% Karborundum, 21% water, 19% ore 22% substrate, 0% Karbonite (out of almost 150t resources), but I cant drill it...

I can deploy the drills, but I can't start the Karborundum or Karbonite drilling. :(

What have I done wrong? :(

Thanks and have fun,

N3N

PS: Is there Karbonite on any asteroid?

PPS: Sorry for my english, but english is only my third language...

Not sure if this is true for K+ but all of the other mods you just use the stock ore drills on asteroids and they mine all of the available resources IIRC.

19 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Not sure if this is true for K+ but all of the other mods you just use the stock ore drills on asteroids and they mine all of the available resources IIRC.

Hi!

Really, are you sure? :confused:

But there are extra drills for Karbonite  and Karborundum...

Thanks and have fun!

N3N

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

Yes, use a stock drill.

Hi RoverDude,

Thanks, but:

Why is it that way?

And is it only on asteroids that you have to use the stock drill and on other moons/planets you have to use the special drills for Karbonite and Karborundum?

Will it be changes some day?

Thanks and have fun,

N3N

• 2 weeks later...

0.6.4 - (KSP 1.1.3)
------------------
Dependency Updates
Karborundum is now tweakable, and 4000 funds per unit (versus 400).
The Kerbol Karburundum harvesting zone is back... now go find it :)
Fixed CTT placement of fusion engines

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

0.6.4 - (KSP 1.1.3)
------------------
Dependency Updates
Karborundum is now tweakable, and 4000 funds per unit (versus 400).
The Kerbol Karburundum harvesting zone is back... now go find it :)
Fixed CTT placement of fusion engines

You say the Kerbol Karburundum harvesting zone is back, does that mean it's back in it's unattainable/Ship made of radiators zone or is it moved to a different orbit?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any possibility of a Karborundum reactor in the future? :)  I'm going to temporarily "borrow" a reactor from KSP-IE and tune it to run on Karborundum using the NFT electrical configs just for fun (and to create a late game power generator).  I can let you know what I come up with (going to have to play with the NFT configs to make it run super hot but not blow up).  Obviously I can't release this since I am likely being naughty by mixing/matching stuff.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I installed New Horizon star system, but I cannot find Karborundum on any Planet besides Eve and Eeloo. Is Karborundum randomly placed on each planet at the start of the game or is it strictly confined to Eve and Eeloo?

What about Outer Planets mod?

Thank you.

51 minutes ago, paelleon said:

Hi, I installed New Horizon star system, but I cannot find Karborundum on any Planet besides Eve and Eeloo. Is Karborundum randomly placed on each planet at the start of the game or is it strictly confined to Eve and Eeloo?

What about Outer Planets mod?

Thank you.

Yes in the case of K+ it is explicitly configured for just those planets (well also Jool and sun orbit).  So for any other planet mods a config would need to be made to define where to find it.

You can look at all of the configs under the CommunityResourcepack\resourceConfigs to get an idea of how they are configured.

57 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Yes in the case of K+ it is explicitly configured for just those planets (well also Jool and sun orbit).  So for any other planet mods a config would need to be made to define where to find it.

You can look at all of the configs under the CommunityResourcepack\resourceConfigs to get an idea of how they are configured.

Damn! All those sensor probes with survey scanner sent around the whole system only to find Ore and Karbonite.

Well, thank you anyway. It seems I'll keep extracting K+ from asteroids for now.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like the config file says there should be a 100% chance for Karborundum to be around Kerbol, but is there a reason it might not be there at all?  Or a way to somehow peak at the distribution map for a given seed?

I ask because I built a Kerbol collector setup, went to put it into orbit, but couldn't find Karborundum anywhere around the sun.  I ended up using hyperedit with the scanner and stepping away from the sun in 50Mm increments all the way to 15Gm, and I couldn't find anything.  I thought my game was broken, so I loaded up a fresh install with just K+, the CRP, ModuleManager and Hyperedit, and found it immediately at 5.2Gm.  Completely baffled, I tried putting the resource seed from the new game into my old game and voila - I was able to immediately find K+ at 5.2Gm just like I did in the new game.

I'm completely stumped as to where it could be hiding, and I have mining stuff setup already so I'm loathe to just change my resource seed.  Any thoughts offhand?  Thanks.

Edit: I just took a look at the actual distributions, and there's a much higher level of everything on the new seed so I'm thinking I will keep it anyways, lol.  That being said, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by strideknight
Lust for gold

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I downloaded K+ for 1.2, and I have version 1.2 (on Windows 7), but it doesn't seem to contain any of the parts for the karborundum containers? They don't show up in the VAB. All the engines and things do, but not karborundum containers.

Looking at the zip file (for KPlus 0.7.0.0), in the parts folder, it includes:

Drills config
Various Engines (x7)
Scanner_01
SolarCollector
ORE_Drill

and that is all, so I don't think they're buggy containers, they seem to just not be in the package at all. Am I missing something? I do also have karbonite installed. I've never used K+ before in earlier versions, so I may just be out of the loop on something.

Thanks!

Edited by Crimeo

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

This requires Karbonite, which has the rest of the bits you need.

Hi RoverDude, yes I also had/have karbonite installed (0.8.0, which says for ksp 1.2). The tanks still did/do not show up.

I have all the karbonite tanks and karbonite engines showing up, and all the karborundum-using fusion drives, collectors, scanners, etc., everything except the three sizes of karborundum tanks and the "sample tank" for karborundum.

I do also seem to have the ASSETS for those four tanks in the k+ assets folder, but I see no part text files corresponding to/referencing them, which is my best guess at why they don't show up anywhere (don't see any relevant patches or anything either).

Edited by Crimeo

On 10/13/2016 at 1:26 AM, Crimeo said:

Hi RoverDude, yes I also had/have karbonite installed (0.8.0, which says for ksp 1.2). The tanks still did/do not show up.

I have all the karbonite tanks and karbonite engines showing up, and all the karborundum-using fusion drives, collectors, scanners, etc., everything except the three sizes of karborundum tanks and the "sample tank" for karborundum.

I do also seem to have the ASSETS for those four tanks in the k+ assets folder, but I see no part text files corresponding to/referencing them, which is my best guess at why they don't show up anywhere (don't see any relevant patches or anything either).

Yep, me too. I have both Karbonite and Karbonite + and cannot locate the Karborundum tanks. I installed via CKAN, but have never had an issue in the past.

Is there a better way of finding Karborundum? I've just spent 2 hours trundling across the surface of Eeloo trying to find some and not got better than a 0.0048% reading. I've seen youtube vids of people finding 10% and higher deposits so I assume I'm just not finding it. I read somewhere that it's random now rather than any particular pattern.

I don't want to do the Kerbol collector and don't even get me started on how much I dislike Eve.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.