[1.12.x] Karbonite/Karbonite Plus (K+)

RoverDude

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'm overlooking something, but it seems to me the KLF-750 Radial Propfan Engine (LFKA_Jet_PropFan_01) and the KLF-750 Radial Turboprop Engine (LFKA_Jet_TurboProp_01) are pretty much the same. Seems like a doublete with different names to me. Is this intended? They are even in the same technology node (subsonic flight).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Vaga said:

The LFKA_Jet_TurboFan_01.CFG and LFKA_Jet_Radial_01.CFG both have the line:  

name = LFKA_Jet_Radial_01

This is making duplicate entries in the tech tree.

This is the long-standing issue:

https://github.com/BobPalmer/Karbonite/issues/255

https://github.com/BobPalmer/Karbonite/issues/249

Edited by maja

• 1 month later...

I'm new to Karbonite and still trying to find out what the parts are good for. I want to build something like SpaceX wants to do on Mars using the Sabatier process. So I want to extract Karbonite from Duna'a atmosphere. Are the Low Altitude Scoops the right parts for that? And what's the difference between the KA-400LX and the KA-400LA?

37 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

I'm new to Karbonite and still trying to find out what the parts are good for. I want to build something like SpaceX wants to do on Mars using the Sabatier process. So I want to extract Karbonite from Duna'a atmosphere. Are the Low Altitude Scoops the right parts for that? And what's the difference between the KA-400LX and the KA-400LA?

The low altitude scoops are okay for this, yes. They're the kind that work better or best while flying/moving so you miss out on performance by being parked. Karbonite includes fan engines that run on any atmosphere and Karbonite so you can use these on airplanes where IntakeAir is not available (Eve, Duna, even Jool), and save quite a lot on wet mass as the plane is self-refueling mid-flight with these scoops. Karbonite can also be burned purely for EC with the included generator parts.

About the KA-400LX and the KA-400LA, I have no idea but I think one of them is broken and useless.

Karbonite converts to EC, LFO, Mono, LH2+O and I think even Water. You can make a self-powering, Lifesupport, LFO or Hydrolox processing base on Eeloo's surface or further with just Karbonite (solar and nuclear are not an issue anymore if you design a craft well) if the harvest rate is just right.

This here is in GPP and as far as Plock in OPM. Oh, the low altitude scoops can pick up Argon and Xenon too, so reusable ion crafts and launchers for them can be a thing.

aPSTWRa.jpg

Experience tells me Laythe's ocean is rich in Karbonite so you can make a floating operation too!

C89QfIo.jpg

And here's an odd-looking experimental plane that carries only Karbonite parts. Scoops, some flat tanks, and the turbojet. May or may not have "KarbElectric" generators inside to keep the batteries full. There's probably no LiquidFuel mass on this to weigh it down.

41v3MXU.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

So I have a strange bug that I don't think is related to Karbonite but your mod seems to show it as well as Infernal Robotics.

On every scene change a KLF-750 radial prop gets added to the tech tree. It doesn't show in the VAB either.

Picture

And Log

I can delete them from the tech tree in the save file but they'll just start duplicating again. The turbo one also doesn't show in the save file in the tech tree if its meant to. Just part = LFKA.Jet.PropFan.01 over and over again.

I also get a duplicate thing with Infernal Robotics where duplicate parts will appear in the sequencer but can't be interacted with or deleted.

Again I don't think they're related to either of the mods as just terrible fps forced me to start looking and they were added after the fps problems but they only seemed to confirm something was wrong.

Thanks

On 10/25/2018 at 6:02 PM, brandazzle said:

Is the "Karborundum particle collector works within 2000 meters of the Sun's surface" thing intended as a joke? No matter how many radiators I put on my test craft, every time I HyeprEdit it into a sub-2km orbit, it looks like this within 5 seconds:

My Karborundum harvesting sundivers in GPP career generally found the goods much higher than that. I'd suggest putting the craft in an eccentric orbit with Ap just inside Moho and Pe down at 1000 km, then watch your harvest rates and see where the best band is for your save.

4 hours ago, Ocid said:

On every scene change a KLF-750 radial prop gets added to the tech tree. It doesn't show in the VAB either. 

There are obsolete part configs for the offending parts (at least three). Their current filename was no longer desired, however, when @RoverDude accepted the PR for the new configs (with different filenames), he never deleted the old files. My GitHub issue on this is still open.

10 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

There are obsolete part configs for the offending parts (at least three). Their current filename was no longer desired, however, when @RoverDude accepted the PR for the new configs (with different filenames), he never deleted the old files. My GitHub issue on this is still open.

Ah ok I see. Thats good to know thank you.

Knew Karbonite wasn't the problem just thought it was confirming it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the planet:

Spoiler

Eeloo

to mine some Karborundum. Went to the most Karbonite-intense field and at first touchdown it had more than 8% Karborundum. With 6 strip miners I dig up 2.65 karborundum per second. Just curious if this sounds normal - I had expected a lot less abundance. Then again maybe that's from the previous era - where torch drives had huge thrust vs what they have now etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I installed "Constellation 2018.11.22.01" yesterday my Karbonite drills and generators don't work. (had not heard of karbonite plus till today) Inside my "gamedata/umbraspaceindustries" folder I have two folders "Karbonite" and "KarbonitePlus" Do I just delete the "Karbonite" one? Will my saved game be OK if I do? (It seems the logical thing but I would like to know for sure before I bugger up my saves) Or do I install the standalone version  "karbonite v0.12.0.0" over the top of the Constelation version? 

Edited by Choc113

37 minutes ago, Choc113 said:

Since I installed "Constellation 2018.11.22.01" yesterday my Karbonite drills and generators don't work. (had not heard of karbonite plus till today) Inside my "gamedata/umbraspaceindustries" folder I have two folders "Karbonite" and "KarbonitePlus" Do I just delete the "Karbonite" one? Will my saved game be OK if I do? (It seems the logical thing but I would like to know for sure before I bugger up my saves) Or do I install the standalone version  "karbonite v0.12.0.0" over the top of the Constelation version? 

If you have Karbonite drills deployed, no not delete the folders.  You need them.  The Constellation is newer than the most recent standalone release, so it's likely the 'better' version.

Get us a picture of your GameData and UmbraSpaceIndustries folders.  (And a link to your log, if you can.)

20 minutes ago, DStaal said:

If you have Karbonite drills deployed, no not delete the folders.  You need them.  The Constellation is newer than the most recent standalone release, so it's likely the 'better' version.

Get us a picture of your GameData and UmbraSpaceIndustries folders.  (And a link to your log, if you can.)

Top half of Gamedata Lj5ab93.png  Bottom half of Gamedata ioKlLer.png  Umbra space industries folder Jtx48mP.png

Edit: how do I find the log file to post? All the googling talks about files that don't exist. Like these        Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit) "

Edited by Choc113

@Choc113 - I'd start by removing all the ModuleManager files except ModuleManager.3.1.0.dll.  That will likely help some.  I'm not seeing anything else immediately jumping out at me, but perhaps others will see something.

For the logs - I know where they are on Mac, but I can't help you on Windows, and I know this link should have the info, but it seems to have the same that you've found:

On 12/12/2018 at 12:52 AM, DStaal said:

@Choc113 - I'd start by removing all the ModuleManager files except ModuleManager.3.1.0.dll.  That will likely help some.  I'm not seeing anything else immediately jumping out at me, but perhaps others will see something.

For the logs - I know where they are on Mac, but I can't help you on Windows, and I know this link should have the info, but it seems to have the same that you've found:

I seemed to have fixed it by downloading and  reinstalling each module individually instead of all together in the constellation  pack. Don't know why that worked but it did:) Thanks anyway:)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.