[1.12.x] Karbonite/Karbonite Plus (K+)

RoverDude

Hi Roverdude,

I'm also having a problem with the KA_Engine_125_02 part, but for me, it's when starting the game. The loading screen hangs on that part, and I end up having to close via Task Manager. I've got a ton of mods installed, so there might be a conflict with one of them, but before I go through the process of testing each one to see which/if one is the culprit, can you think of any general reason why a part would hang on load like that? I do have all my installed USI mods updated.

First question ;)

Do you have the current version of Karbonite. That's a pretty important one.

Hi,

the KE-625 Mini Karbonite Engine seem to have no bottom connection node. Is that on purpose?

I am also asking myself what nuclear generator to use to get the Fusion Drive running. Can someone enlight me?

Cheers,

codiak

First question ;)

Do you have the current version of Karbonite. That's a pretty important one.

I... think so? Unless you stealthed in an update in the last day or two...?

EDIT-- Aw son of a.... Downloading now. :D I could have sworn I grabbed the latest Karbonite when I updated MKS/OKS the other day.

EDIT 2 -- *Properly* ensured all mods are updated now, and all is well. The derp's on me. :D

Edited by jonrd463

when are we getting the small command pod :D ?

soon - right after I finish the incredibly awesome thing I am making

Eeloo or Eve... it's like you have to either go to hell; or go the end of the universe to get this stuff. :D

But it's sooooo worth it!

Hi,

the KE-625 Mini Karbonite Engine seem to have no bottom connection node. Is that on purpose?

I am also asking myself what nuclear generator to use to get the Fusion Drive running. Can someone enlight me?

Cheers,

codiak

Generator wise, I've found if you spam enough giant solar panels you can get some momentum (I had a pair of gigantors on a probe :))

Both KSPI-L and NFT have appropriate nukes - either will work. Partial to all of Nertea's work though myself ;)

Node wise... that's on me, was not by design. Can you do me a favor and log a github issue?

I've been waiting for this mod, it looks great! The mini karbonite drills especially. I want to load them up onto my PackRat Rover bound for Minmus, and refuel the LFO lander. My Kapollo 6 mission is almost ready to fly! :)

Thanks again for making such great mods.

I fixed it. Clean installs ftw.

I'm having some problems with the advanced particle collector.

FNpQdtt.png

I have the latest karbonite. fresh install.

active texture management, scansat, part catalog, kerbal engineer, hyper edit, select root and floor it are the only other mods I have installed.

http://i.imgur.com/FNpQdtt.png

active texture management, scansat, part catalog, kerbal engineer, hyper edit, select root and floor it are the only other mods I have installed.

Note the description states 2,000 m, not 2,000 km :)

That said, I'm having issues getting it to work too. About to try another pass across the sun.

You appear to be 2000km from the sun. You need to be 2000m...

Note the description states 2,000 m, not 2,000 km :)

That said, I'm having issues getting it to work too. About to try another pass across the sun.

yep, just figured that out, for some reason i thought 2km would be inside the sun (im used to playing rss).

the scanner says its broken

[spoiler= :(]IQzxBWh.png

yep, just figured that out, for some reason i thought 2km would be inside the sun (im used to playing rss).

the scanner says its broken

[spoiler= :(]http://i.imgur.com/IQzxBWh.png

Very latest Karbonite installed? If you use KSP-AVC it should have warned you :)

Very latest Karbonite installed? If you use KSP-AVC it should have warned you :)

Also - 'Broken' for the scanner is normal on the sun - there is no surface Karbonium. Just flip on the collector and away you go.... within 2000 m that is. And really, better to be around 1800-1900. Just be careful, you will crash by around 1382 give or take.

Out of curiosity. Are the Karry Kans and the .625m Karboelectric generator designed to go on the PackRat?

Playing around with it, ive found the Double Karry Kans are just a tad to large to fit side by side on a row in the PackRat using the bottom attach nodes., same goes with the Genny.

There's a new PackRat coming out that is slightly larger to standardize on a 0.625m form factor.

Oh... and check out my sweet Eve survey flyer ;)

IsjVZHZ.png

unless there was a update since 0.3.4?

(o good a mod to keep track of out of date mods, thanks.)

it works at 100km around moho, eve, eeloo, sun and probably others...sometimes.

I think it might be hyper edit, its not the situation changing from landed on kerbin?

unless there was a update since 0.3.4?

(o good a mod to keep track of out of date mods, thanks.)

it works at 100km around moho, eve, eeloo, sun and probably others...sometimes.

I think it might be hyper edit, its not the situation changing from landed on kerbin?

Not sure what you are asking?

Karborundum is only on Eve and Eeloo's surfaces. And even then you can only detect the surface stuff at 500m or less from the ground

And even then you can only detect the surface stuff at 500m or less from the ground

really?, I just mined over 800 units from 2-5km above the sun with the advanced particle collector. (its the only resource there)

also the detector works in space (sometimes) and says its broken on the ground.

dmjEqqp.png

xp0wLXN.png
Edited by Grim187

really?, I just mined over 800 units from 2-5km above the sun with the advanced particle collector. (its the only resource there)

also the detector works in space (sometimes) and says its broken on the ground.

http://i.imgur.com/dmjEqqp.png

http://i.imgur.com/xp0wLXN.png

Let me clarify :)

Sun yes, it is atmospheric. Not on the surface of the sun (hence a state of broken).

Eve is a bug it looks like.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.