[1.12.x] Karbonite/Karbonite Plus (K+)

RoverDude

RTG's from NFT

Jep. 6 of them just about allows the fusion drive to run without constantly sparking out.

I was not able to get the particle collector into orbit using the tiny fusion drive, alas. However...

THIS IS THE BEST

http://imgur.com/qKnEbN1

http://imgur.com/kSSna3m

That turbofan contraption could fly around for ~8 years.

The engineers are working on my biggest EVE SSTO to date.

It has the rear cargo door so I can drive rovers and supplies out the back :)

I have been learning alot so I may be able to upgrade my small Passenger SSTO with more space and a wet bar with snacks.

y7tGPZE.png

What is the mass & density of Karborundum?
So that fusion engine... what is it exactly? And how would it compare to its "equal" interstellar counterpart?

Basically a very high ISP engine given the scarcity of the fuel. Not sure on comparisons though closest would be the deuterium drive.

Not sure on the mass of Karborundum off the top of my head, but as I recall it was close to that of uranium (i.e. heavy). Info is in the config file under the CRP folder

I put together the sweetest anti-grav hovering Karborundum extractor you ever saw, with the plan of drilling and refining Karbonite to keep my RCS fuel topped off. Got all the way to Eeloo, with a ship ready for the new fuel left in orbit, while the extractor-mobile played on the surface. When it came time to drill for Karbonite, and nothing happened, I remembered your post about Eeloo being dry. Many tears were shed. :(

Ok, what did I screw up? I'm getting the broken thing with the scanner (yes I know the ship is butt ugly, was just testing out the new toys :P)

x9c8t6j.jpg

Did I forget to download something?

All I have for mods are:

Karbonite-master (not sure of the version, everything inside the zip says it was updated 9/2/14)

KarbonitePlus_0.1.1

KerbalAlarmClock_2.7.8.2

KerbPaint

PerciseNode-1.1.0

The only thing on the rocket for detecting is the Detection Array .. was I supposed to put something else on?

Thanks,

Ok, what did I screw up? I'm getting the broken thing with the scanner (yes I know the ship is butt ugly, was just testing out the new toys :P)

http://i.imgur.com/x9c8t6j.jpg

Did I forget to download something?

All I have for mods are:

Karbonite-master (not sure of the version, everything inside the zip says it was updated 9/2/14)

KarbonitePlus_0.1.1

KerbalAlarmClock_2.7.8.2

KerbPaint

PerciseNode-1.1.0

The only thing on the rocket for detecting is the Detection Array .. was I supposed to put something else on?

Thanks,

Sounds like you pulled from GitHub source not releases. Don't do that :) Clear all that stuff out, grab the latest zips from the dropbox in my sig

- - - Updated - - -

I put together the sweetest anti-grav hovering Karborundum extractor you ever saw, with the plan of drilling and refining Karbonite to keep my RCS fuel topped off. Got all the way to Eeloo, with a ship ready for the new fuel left in orbit, while the extractor-mobile played on the surface. When it came time to drill for Karbonite, and nothing happened, I remembered your post about Eeloo being dry. Many tears were shed. :(

And that, good sir, is by design :)

Each harvesting point is designed to have unique challenges.

Sounds like you pulled from GitHub source not releases. Don't do that :) Clear all that stuff out, grab the latest zips from the dropbox in my sig

- - - Updated - - -

And that was exactly the problem .... evidently I forgot how to read and follow directions =_=

UjVJ2Qt.jpg

Thanks,

4jJlKDR.jpg

My long range scout rover, hunting those surface anomalies from the fine print mod. Powered by solar/mini-karb-o-electric generator. has a small{hard to see} drill mounted on the front. The only thing I didn't remember, is storage for snacks. {Snacks! mod} so every couple of days, a plane has to fly out from KSC and deliver a snack care package. The next version will fix this shortcoming. Loving the parts and your mod!

So I found a new interesting 'bug' if you activate the karbonite drill, stop it, time warp, then reactivate, your karbonite tanks just fill up instantly.

Ps, can someone tell me how to post the vids so they actually play and aren't just a link?/ boom: figured it out!

Edited by vardicd

http://youtu.be/4TI1UiF8vW4

So I found a new interesting 'bug' if you activate the karbonite drill, stop it, time warp, then reactivate, your karbonite tanks just fill up instantly.

Ps, can someone tell me how to post the vids so they actually play and aren't just a link?

I can literally feel what's causing this bug (not resetting lastUpdate on activation causing the on-rails harvesting effect to kick in [but this is pure guesswork :P]).

Anyway, I saw that Rover wants to replace the Karbonite drill with one from ORS, so it may not be necessary to fix it at all sinc eit will fix itself with the next update and the module swap.

I can literally feel what's causing this bug (not resetting lastUpdate on activation causing the on-rails harvesting effect to kick in [but this is pure guesswork :P]).

Anyway, I saw that Rover wants to replace the Karbonite drill with one from ORS, so it may not be necessary to fix it at all sinc eit will fix itself with the next update and the module swap.

Actually - toss a pull request because it's the same code just moved to a different DLL :)

@RoverDude: I noticed some of the tanks in here use FSfuelSwitch.

Some of the B9 users reported MKS/OKS really doesn't like FSfuelSwitch, did you get that resolved on your end? If so, I'll edit the relevant B9 wiki page.

Similar issues were reported with MFT tanks in symmetry, which is why I've held off on making the KA tanks becomes MFTs when MFT/RF is present.

Also, I can't tell from the radial tanks ... Is Karbondurum like KSPi antimatter in that it should not be selectable as an MFT?

If its ok for that to be possible, I'm going to need some numbers from you - it can be set so it can't be filled in VAB/SPH, but I do need the relative numbers on volume compared to basic propellants so I can set utilization correctly :)

@RoverDude: I noticed some of the tanks in here use FSfuelSwitch.

Some of the B9 users reported MKS/OKS really doesn't like FSfuelSwitch, did you get that resolved on your end? If so, I'll edit the relevant B9 wiki page.

Similar issues were reported with MFT tanks in symmetry, which is why I've held off on making the KA tanks becomes MFTs when MFT/RF is present.

Also, I can't tell from the radial tanks ... Is Karbondurum like KSPi antimatter in that it should not be selectable as an MFT?

If its ok for that to be possible, I'm going to need some numbers from you - it can be set so it can't be filled in VAB/SPH, but I do need the relative numbers on volume compared to basic propellants so I can set utilization correctly :)

Hey! Yep, heard of the issue, I'll need to see if that's something Cyrik looked at before his vacation (we use Firespitter as well so it's something we need to sort with the log hub). And yup, Karborundum should not be set in the vab. Volume wise, it uses 5L/unit - let me know if you need more info

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.