[1.12.x] Karbonite/Karbonite Plus (K+)

RoverDude

• 1 month later...

I think I am having a similar problem to what infinite_monkey is describing above me. Although I am having it with the advanced particle collector instead of the karbonite converters. I'm not getting any of the special buttons needed to open karbonite/karborundum collection on the APC. I've checked the config files for the part itself, but I didn't see anything that was obviously out of place.

I've been flying out to the karborundum band, save editing, and then flying back. So I'm not really hurting for Karborundum, but I reckon it might be a bug since it seems to be in the same vein as what infinite_monkey described.

And lastly, your mod-suite is nothing short of amazing. I can't imagine playing KSP without the MKS mods these days. Thanks for allowing me to live out my Elon Musk e-cosplaying fetish. Duna will be mine!

23 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

I want to convert Karbonite into LFO. Which part should I use for that? Tried the BSP-250 Karbonite Converter, but it offers no additional info, and has no options at all (except the default like Change Name Tag, Autostruts etc.)

@infinite_monkey and @Jvj, I see the same problem with some of the resource harvesters and converters not working with Karbonite.  I poked around in the error logs and found errors showing modules ModuleResourceConverter_USI and ModuleResourceHarvester_USI not found.  After looking at MKS, it looks like they were renamed to be USI_Converter and USI_Harvester.  I did some editing on the .cfg files to test this and that appears to be the problem.  I'm going to report this issue over on GitHub but leaving this here if others have this problem.

On 2/10/2019 at 4:30 PM, atomicfury said:

@infinite_monkey and @Jvj, I see the same problem with some of the resource harvesters and converters not working with Karbonite.  I poked around in the error logs and found errors showing modules ModuleResourceConverter_USI and ModuleResourceHarvester_USI not found.  After looking at MKS, it looks like they were renamed to be USI_Converter and USI_Harvester.  I did some editing on the .cfg files to test this and that appears to be the problem.  I'm going to report this issue over on GitHub but leaving this here if others have this problem.

i actually posted about that issue over in the asteroid recycling thread, i made patches for all the usi mods and have just been playing like that. i was debating posting those here, but i suppose if theres a patch being released tomorrow there wouldn't be much point.

1 hour ago, kbar12 said:

how do I fix it

Do you have 1.6.1 installed? Is compatibility setting in CKAN for 1.6 enabled? (Settings -> Compatible KSP Versions)

On 2/11/2019 at 11:13 AM, RoverDude said:

I'll have a patch release tomorrow, new PC and have to load a few things

Is there still something missing in the develop branch or could I just use that one?

1 hour ago, kbar12 said:

@infinite_monkey how do I get 1.6 and I do not see 1.6 in the CKAN settings

I mean KSP 1.6.1. Usually, CKAN should autodetect the current KSP version. If there is an update, it asks you to check the compatible versions you want to look for.

If I remember correctly, you can't see 1.6 if your KSP installation is still 1.5. Maybe you need to get the newest version of CKAN (1.25.4) as well? If it doesn't help, please make a screenshot of what you get - Title bar, Karbonite version in the main window, plus the settings window. Should look like this:

C3i6qno.png

On 2/11/2019 at 5:13 AM, RoverDude said:

I'll have a patch release tomorrow, new PC and have to load a few things

Has the configs been patched? CKAN hasn't had a update for me yet this week...  I am also having a converter issue Been trying to go through all the cfg files to fix myself and every time i get back into the game its still not giving me convert options anywhere even trying to do as mentioned above..

Edited by BruteMan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there - I noticed a lot of the late-game harvesters and converters are not functioning in the current release (1.1.0.0) under KSP v 1.6.1 - there is no harvesting or conversion info in the part info for the broken parts, as well.

Not sure if this is related to the issues mentioned above or if it's new, but thought I'd post here to double check.

Pulling this together into it's own comment.

I've come up with a relatively quick fix to get all the Karbonite and Karbonite Plus parts (and some others) working for now.  I haven't found anything it breaks, but of course, it could, and you should always back up your install and your save before trying this.  If it screws up your install, you should be able to just delete and reinstall the USI mods to get rid of these changes.

It's been tested with a fresh 1.6.1 install running the latest USI suite (1.1.0.0)

You need a UNIX-type command environment, which is natively available on Windows 10 (e.g. Ubuntu subsystem), Linux (duh) and OSX.  Under Windows 7 you'll need something like Cygwin.  Anyway, change to your Kerbal directory, and under GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries, run this:

find ./ -type f -iname *.cfg -exec sed -i -e 's/ModuleResourceHarvester_USI/USI_Harvester/g' {} \;

And then this:

find ./ -type f -iname *.cfg -exec sed -i -e 's/ModuleResourceConverter_USI/ModuleResourceConverter/g' {} \;

What this should fix specifically:

• Karbonite Harvesters (two broken Scoops and the Particle Collector)
  • Karbonite Fuel Converters and Distillers
  • Karbonite Electric Generator
  • Karborundum Advanced Particle Collector
  • Drill-o-Matic Strip Miner (the Surface Harvester function)
  • The "Asteroid Recycling Technologies" Extraction Modules
  • DERP Fuel Cell
  • The 'Otter' Submersible Pod's Uranium reactor

This MAY break TAC Life Support compatibility.  I can't even guess what if any other compatibility issues it would cause, so ... yeah.

If you do find it does something bad, please respond and I'll see if the commands can be modified to avoid whatever problems they may create.

Edited by Chilkoot
Fixed up the code a bit for better cut/paste compatability, forced check for .cfg files only.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.