[1.12.x] Karbonite/Karbonite Plus (K+)

RoverDude

I wish Tweakscale worked with K+, being able to turn the 2.5m into a larger fusion drive would be nice, right now I just cluster them in sets of 5. lol

Also I don't understand the solar collector at all, it needs to be under 2000m, but at that height you can't speed up time so its basically pointless. Even if you edit the thing so you can set the time warp to max, it still takes nearly a year to fill a FTT Karborudum sphere and thats with a grid of them. Is it ment to be a joke item, the rubber banana of KSP? lol

By design, it's meant to be incredibly hard. Which is why your choices are sun, Eve's surface, or eeloo. Each has a different challenge. Given that I've seen people fly back 80-million fund hauls from Eeloo already, scarcity is a good thing.

i`m have same problem

[LOG 14:49:49.158] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/KarbonitePlus/Parts/KA_Engine_125_02/KA_Engine_125_02'
[EXC 14:49:49.161] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures)
PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor)
PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
PartLoader+.MoveNext ()

that's the 0.25 TGA loading bug. the TGA texture to be replaced by KA_Engine_125_02 isn't loaded properly; compiler can't replace something that isn't in the database.

restarting the game can fix it; but not always. to load consistently the textures need to be changed to MBM; PNG; or DDS (and use Sarbian's DDSLoader)

There was a MM file for Interabilit(or something that) witk Interstellar mod but cannot find it woul d somebody helP?
Interoperability - UndercoverYankee has a thread for it

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94876-0-24-2-0-25-Community-Resource-Pack-integration-for-KSPI-0-12-%28ORSX-version%29

It's likely Firespitter which has not been updated. This will actually load by the way, just run KSP a second time.

I am having the same issue and reloading doesn't appear to be working. Interstellar also seems to be having this issue with certain enigines.

0.2.3 is up!

NOTE!!! FOLDERS HAVE BEEN MOVED! DELETE YOUR OLD USI FOLDER AND REINSTALL ALL USI MODS!

• Moved K+ DLL and version file to better support package management
  • Replaced all PNGs with TGAs
  • Adjusted KAS containers to better manage state
  • Fixed name and attachment issues with RAT boosters
  • Fixed missing model part from inline Karborundum tank
  • Added two new torch drives in 3.75 and 5m form factors. Because Hohmann transfers are for sissies.

Surely you mean you replaced all TGAs with PNGs, no? Keep up the good work :)

your life was too easy before. have some bugged textures. GOOD LUCK!

Features for next version: texture files are now in UTF-15 as an un-ordered list of radial coordinates and Pantone Color names.

So where do we get the liquid hydrogen from that the torch drives require?

For now, ship it up. Same as the nukes from FTT (those parts are really meant as FTT extensions as there are no LiquidHydrogen tanks in K+, but landed in this mod because they require Karborundum - so I had to flip a coin on which mod got them ;))

heh, sorry, I forget a few folks don't use the entire constellation ;)

What you can do is just switch that bit of the config to LiquidFuel and you'll be in good shape. I'll see about a MM config for the next pass for those without FTT.

I see. The new rockets are meant for the Honey Badger. Nice. Some rockets with serious punch meant for a rugged, burly piece of mining equipment like our dear old Honey Badger.

BTW, you might wanna tweak the karbonite scoops and particle collector again... this time it took me a day (i.e. takes a bit too long) to fill up a large Karbonite tank once I landed on Eve with the Myotis MK3 (and THIS TIME, I was able to make it take off, when I luckily got it to land against a big hill... but I should've known better when I made it kinda front-heavy with the Karbonite Tank NEAR THE FRONT, and not the center; Basically, it fell-glided nose-first, instead of glided gently... rofl).

Edited by Dire_Squid

Yes, they work with NFT tanks. And Dire_Squid - are you talking Karbonite, Karborundum, and were you gathering atmospheric, oceanic, or crustal? These things are important ;)

Oh... and the engines are more meant for the StarLifter vs. HoneyBadger.

The spherical karborundum tank doesn't list a capacity in it's description text. It appears in the propulsion parts tag rather than utilities unlike the rest of the karborundum tanks (I do prefer them in propulsion, like xenon).

I also get the cost to go extremely negative whenever I add one, but I have so many mods installed, it could be anything.

Also, all the karborundum tanks are mildly awkward in that you can't right click on them to see what the capacity is. Can that be changed while keeping them un-fillable?

Edited by quatch

Also, all the karborundum tanks are mildly awkward in that you can't right click on them to see what the capacity is. Can that be changed while keeping them un-fillable?

For balancing vessels, I also miss a way of telling all those small editor helpers when they should consider the tanks full (like the CoM indicator, rcs build aid, Mechjeb). The best would be to have everything tweakable in the editor and only force empty tanks at launch.

Plug in a github request for dumping tanks on launch. Also one for the cost issue lest I lose track of it (bear in mind I run ten different mods, so when people help out by putting stuff in GitHub it makes my life a lot easier, and means you get a fix or tweak faster).

Yes, they work with NFT tanks. And Dire_Squid - are you talking Karbonite, Karborundum, and were you gathering atmospheric, oceanic, or crustal? These things are important ;)

Oh... and the engines are more meant for the StarLifter vs. HoneyBadger.

Karbonite, and atmospheric.

Eve has almost no atmospheric karbonite. It's primarily oceanic.

Tell that to my Karbonite tank that gets filled by hanging out after I land AND when I fly through it, and the atmospheric scoops that say there's a mixed percentage of Argon and Karbonite in the atmosphere, when I toggle resources (granted, it takes forever, when it does, but with 12% compared to Kerbin's puny .01%, I won't complain).

Edited by Dire_Squid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.