[1.12.x] Karbonite/Karbonite Plus (K+)

RoverDude

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Are your percentages all pretty low? Perhaps the RNG has dealt you a bad hand. Create a new save and see if things turn out better.

Minmus seems to be an average of 5-6%.  The Mun is about the same.  Is that pretty low?

I'm playing a fairly highly modded career game and am having a problem finding the Exopheric Karbonite band around Kerbin. After about an hour of messing and then another 30mins or so using the 'set orbit' cheat I just wanted to check if I'm looking in the wrong place or if I've got some kind of mod conflict/borked save. In spoiler tags in case people don't want to know the locations.

Spoiler

The Kerbin exo config from Community Resource Pack for Karbonite looks like this:

PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
    ResourceName = Karbonite
    ResourceType = 3
    PlanetName = Kerbin

Distribution
    {
        PresenceChance = 100
        MinAbundance = .001
        MaxAbundance = .001
        MinAltitude = .245
        MaxAltitude = .245
        MinRange = .01
        MaxRange = .01    
    }
}

So, if I've read the descriptions on this and other threads correctly:

100% Chance of it being there.

Abundance of 0.001 - so probably 0.0012% reported on the scanner like atmospheric.

MinAltitude = 0.245*600,000m (Kerbin Radius) = 147,000m ASL.
MaxAltitude is the same so the centre of band should be there.

MinRange=MaxRange = 0.1*600,000 = 60,000 so I should have a band centring around 147km. Technically it could stretch from 87km -> 207km but given the abundance is 0.001 I'd guess its near the centre.

The KA-100 Detector shows surface concentrations of around 2% pretty much everywhere and atmospheric concentrations of 0.0012% - matching the config file and my ScanSat figures. Exo percentage is always 0 however and the KA-250 collector always says 'nothing to collect'.

Am I looking in the right place and therefore have some kind of issue with my mods/save? Or do I need to look elsewhere? Want to confirm before I go hunting for Ka+!

@Pie82 Your Math is incorrect and there is no mod conflict. But make sure you have USI tools installed or the particle collectors won't work.

Spoiler

It's actually under 80 km. :wink: The eequation is (X * half of planet radius) + planet radius

Edited by JadeOfMaar

20 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Pie82 Your Math is incorrect and there is no mod conflict. But make sure you have USI tools installed or the particle collectors won't work.

Hide contents

It's actually under 80 km. :wink: The eequation is (X * half of planet radius) + planet radius

Thank you @JadeOfMaar - found it! Not going to get infinite LKO fuel at those concentrations (which is a good thing on balance) but at least I know my basic setup works. 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Helmetman said:

The link to USI catalog is broken.

@RoverDude I think the person means the link at the very top in the opening post. That one is definitely waiting to be fixed. :D I've learned that we tend to be unlikely to consider links in signatures, no matter how big and bold those are.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2017 at 8:38 AM, RoverDude said:

Also if you make pretty FX, feel free to share.

@JadeOfMaar - decided water made for a more accurate reaction mass (also you can get it from ore and some other resources in a pinch).  Also folks may or may not have noticed that torch ships now work under high warp (though not on rails yet).

So is there any way that an engine could be run at say exactly 1 G at time warp?

1 hour ago, Whovian41110 said:

I’m assuming that’s just physics warp, not on rails warp? Also do you have an autopilot that can fly brachistochrone trajectories?

I mean, you quoted the bit where I said it was not on rails :wink:  Tho in case your terminology is off - it is beyond just the 5x of physwarp.  you can use it at full timewarp, just that the vehicle has to be active.  And no autopilot, well beyond the scope of this mod.

7 hours ago, RoverDude said:

I mean, you quoted the bit where I said it was not on rails :wink:  Tho in case your terminology is off - it is beyond just the 5x of physwarp.  you can use it at full timewarp, just that the vehicle has to be active.  And no autopilot, well beyond the scope of this mod.

So I have another mod that has similar engines 

Could you perhaps help him integrate that in his mod?

On 2/23/2018 at 7:43 AM, RoverDude said:

So I looked through the configs of K+ and I don't see any special code that would allow the engines to fire at full timewarp (which is what I think you're saying here)

• 2 weeks later...

I put an atmospheric karbonite scoop around Laythe and dip it into the atmosphere and I get Karbonite collection.

However I put a karbonite collector in close orbit around Laythe (like 1km above the atmosphere) but it says there is nothing to collect.

I even redeployed it to low Jool orbit and no Karbonite.

Am I missing something with how the collector works? I was REALLY hoping to put a huge station in Laythe orbit with multiple collectors to act as a fuel depot.

Yes, I deployed the collector, yes, I opened the collector, yes, I have an empty Karbonite tank, yes, I have enough EC/second to power it. :)

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Starfire70 said:

I put an atmospheric karbonite scoop around Laythe and dip it into the atmosphere and I get Karbonite collection.

However I put a karbonite collector in close orbit around Laythe (like 1km above the atmosphere) but it says there is nothing to collect.

I even redeployed it to low Jool orbit and no Karbonite.

Am I missing something with how the collector works? I was REALLY hoping to put a huge station in Laythe orbit with multiple collectors to act as a fuel depot.

Yes, I deployed the collector, yes, I opened the collector, yes, I have an empty Karbonite tank, yes, I have enough EC/second to power it. :)

Thanks.

I don't think you are guaranteed Karbonite everywhere.  You can check under the configs (CRP) to see the distribution options per planet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.