[1.2 - 1.4] Modular Rocket Systems v1.13.2 (2018-03-12) - Stock-alike Parts Pack

NecroBones

As always, thanks for all the hard work providing a high-utility part set that doesn't overpower stock.

Now that the small stock reaction wheel is also size 0, is there still value being added by the size 0 MRS one? I can't find an effective difference between the two anymore.

As always, thanks for all the hard work providing a high-utility part set that doesn't overpower stock.

Now that the small stock reaction wheel is also size 0, is there still value being added by the size 0 MRS one? I can't find an effective difference between the two anymore.

It's probably not as useful now, true. The one advantage it still has though, is that it's also radially attachable.

Edited by NecroBones

Necro bones have I been setting something up wrong because i can't seem to get the sas module on your reaction wheels to work.

We were actually just talking about that. :) It looks like SAS only works on command pods and probe cores now. So for the next update I'm removing SAS from the reaction wheels, since it's just confusing to have it there.

Updated the OP with notes mentioning what the analog is for each engine:

Engines:

[table]

[tr][td]Engine[/td][td]Mass[/td][td]Thrust[/td][td]ISP[/td][td]Comparison[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]0.625m "Sparkler"[/td][td]0.25[/td][td]25[/td][td]300-390[/td][td]50% LV-909[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]0.625m Monopropellant[/td][td]0.15[/td][td]30[/td][td]220-290[/td][td]1.5x O-10[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2.5m Quad-Nuclear[/td][td]9[/td][td]240[/td][td]220-800[/td][td]4x LV-N[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]3.75m Quad-Cluster[/td][td]9.75[/td][td]3330[/td][td]320-350[/td][td]Slightly altered NASA/SLS KS-25x4[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]3.75m "Terrier"[/td][td]5[/td][td]600[/td][td]270-390[/td][td]Roughly 2.5x Poodle[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]0.625m Basic Jet[/td][td]0.25[/td][td]37.5[/td][td]1000-2000*[/td][td]25% Basic Jet[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]0.625m Turbo Jet[/td][td]0.3[/td][td]56.25[/td][td]900-2400*[/td][td]25% Turbo Jet[/td][/tr]

[/table]

* Jet engine ISP is misleading since each engine has a peak altitude, and only 1/16 of the propellant comes from fuel (the other 15 parts are intake air).

Yay, a useful radial probe core!

One wish I have is that there was a version of Docking Helpers integrated with the same sized Clamp-O-Tron as a single piece instead of using two separate parts.

That's something I've thought about too. I did that with the SpaceY large-size docking ports. Since I was making new ports anyway, I put some lights in them.

For the stock sizes, I'm not sure what's best. I could add new ports, but that would also obsolete the helpers. Or, I could make a separate pack that either replaces the stock ports with new models, or adds new ports.

Something that I've noticed is that when I'm looking at mods and deciding what I want to install, I tend to avoid large expansive packs, and instead am more likely to install small ones that add one feature I want. I'm sure there are other people out there like me, so I'm trying to weigh whether it's worth adding something to MRS that either obsoletes the helpers, the stock ports, or both... or make a separate download. Just not sure.

But having said that, I'm not sure when I'd work on it. It one of many little ideas floating around. :)

• 2 weeks later...
That's something I've thought about too. I did that with the SpaceY large-size docking ports. Since I was making new ports anyway, I put some lights in them.

For the stock sizes, I'm not sure what's best. I could add new ports, but that would also obsolete the helpers. Or, I could make a separate pack that either replaces the stock ports with new models, or adds new ports.

I would keep the helpers - folks might want to use them for other things.

Are the helpers and other big structural parts compatible with CLS (Connected Living Space)?

Please add some fuel into LAS tower - like, 60 instead of 20. Currently, it cannot jettison Mk1-2 high enough (Note: I'm testing it with FAR, KIDS in "Far to Stock, Atmosphere only" preset and with DRE heatshield. But even without these, it's kinda... meh.)

I would keep the helpers - folks might want to use them for other things.

Are the helpers and other big structural parts compatible with CLS (Connected Living Space)?

I haven't looked at CLS, so I don't know. That might be worth checking though.

Please add some fuel into LAS tower - like, 60 instead of 20. Currently, it cannot jettison Mk1-2 high enough (Note: I'm testing it with FAR, KIDS in "Far to Stock, Atmosphere only" preset and with DRE heatshield. But even without these, it's kinda... meh.)

Yep, I'll buff this up a bit for the next update. :)

I have suggestion for tiny LF engine with 10-15 kN thrust (but not so nerfed as LV-1). Maybe 25% of LV-909 or 50% 48-7S. Sometimes it's really needed (e.g. command seat lifters or miniature spaceplane). It would be nice complement for small jets.

Edited by redsh

I have suggestion for tiny LF engine with 10-15 kN thrust (but not so nerfed as LV-1). Maybe 25% of LV-909 or 50% 48-7S. Sometimes it's really needed (e.g. command seat lifters or miniature spaceplane). It would be nice complement for small jets.

Hmm, OK. That might work. I'm not sure when I'll get to it, but I'll look at how it might fit into the lineup.

1.5 is out:

1.5 (2015-01-16) - And so on, etc.
- Corrected the name of the 0.625m basic air intake (claimed to be 1.25m).
- Increased LAS tower's fuel, thrust, and burn time.
- Added support for Connected Living Space (making the docking helpers and flat adapters passable).
- Renamed the cargo bays as "payload bays" to help FAR/NEAR identify them as aerodynamic fairings.
- Added a set of long landing legs.

More ladders please?

There are times when I don't want to use the complicated extending ladder, but simply want to run a line of Pegasus I style ladders up the side. As can be seen from the pictures, this works okay but results in a rather high part count due to each of those being individual ladders.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

If a Pegasus I style (doesn't have to be identical) ladder was available in 2m, 4m, 5m and 6m lengths, that would cut my part count greatly.

I'm also looking for a radial version that lets you circumnavigate. If ladders can't "bend", then a part which can be placed in 8-way symmetry (octagon shaped ladder) around a 2.5m tank would be good enough.

More ladders please?

There are times when I don't want to use the complicated extending ladder, but simply want to run a line of Pegasus I style ladders up the side. As can be seen from the pictures, this works okay but results in a rather high part count due to each of those being individual ladders.

http://imgur.com/a/qWzLo

If a Pegasus I style (doesn't have to be identical) ladder was available in 2m, 4m, 5m and 6m lengths, that would cut my part count greatly.

I'm also looking for a radial version that lets you circumnavigate. If ladders can't "bend", then a part which can be placed in 8-way symmetry (octagon shaped ladder) around a 2.5m tank would be good enough.

Cool, I'll think about some options. Yes, they don't "bend", so symmetry modes work. But they could be done in various symmetry modes, or single ring-like attachments that go all the way around.

The "handrails" pack does something similar: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100531-0-25-NEBULA-space-engineering-EVA-handrails-pack

Edited by NecroBones

Oooh, handrails would be useful as well (scurries off to install yet another part pack).

Looks like they did it as 22.5 degree parts that work when used with 8-way radial symmetry.

Some other use cases where I'd want a ladder and not a handrail...

- Very tall landers, sliding down a pole would seem a bit silly and the animated extendable ladders can't be welded.

- When 1.25, 2.5 tanks used as the basis for something on wheels. Because the tanks lie on their sides, the upper part of the tank's side needs curved ladders so that the kerbals can climb down to the extendable ladder that goes to the ground.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.