[1.2 - 1.4] Modular Rocket Systems v1.13.2 (2018-03-12) - Stock-alike Parts Pack

NecroBones

Hmm ill try that later. I warten to place a structural fuselage or a structural segment inside to attach my various science experiments But it didnt work. English is not my native language so i dont really understand what you suggested^^

A few requested parts:

In-Line Fuel Cell Cluster

In-Line 3.75m battery

Striped X200-16 and X200-8 equivalent tanks

Also, thanks for the incredible parts pack. This and RLA_Stockalike are the two best parts packs for conventional rockets.

A few requested parts:

In-Line Fuel Cell Cluster

In-Line 3.75m battery

Striped X200-16 and X200-8 equivalent tanks

Also, thanks for the incredible parts pack. This and RLA_Stockalike are the two best parts packs for conventional rockets.

Thanks, glad you like it. We actually do already have a 1.25m inline fuel cell cluster. The battery is on my list. For striped tanks, I'm a bit torn. If I had known that I would go on to make a fuel tank pack, I probably would have left the tanks out of this mod altogether. We'll see. The good news of course is that you can always install CCC and FTP and get a wide range of tank sizes with switchable paint schemes.

• 4 weeks later...

Inline drill would be A MA ZING (with some structure allowing a node on the base) cause having to use 2 drills just for weight balance is "a bit" boring. I know there is a drill combo ore tank but since the drill pop sideway I can't use it usually due to radial stuff mounted on the tank. :sealed:

Or would that be more on topic in LET mod pack. something like the bay but on the center mount a tip allowing to a drill to get down and mine that precious ore.

Edited by Vahal

Inline drill would be A MA ZING (with some structure allowing a node on the base) cause having to use 2 drills just for weight balance is "a bit" boring. I know there is a drill combo ore tank but since the drill pop sideway I can't use it usually due to radial stuff mounted on the tank. :sealed:

Or would that be more on topic in LET mod pack. something like the bay but on the center mount a tip allowing to a drill to get down and mine that precious ore.

Yeah, it kinda fits with both mod packs. I could see a couple of designs being handy:

* An inline drill that deploys downward (along the vehicle axis) for mounting on the underside of landers.

* An inline drill that deploys radially (perpendicular to the vehicle axis) for mounting on aircraft-style vehicles.

I'm just not sure whether they're better here or in Lithobrake.

Well, if there should be a difference I would see the first design in LET and the second one in MRS, the first in LET because it perfectly fits the lander style, and the second looks better suited for a multipurpose pack.

BTW your bay (those who open on one side) saved my mothership design :D

When I released last week, I didn't know when exactly KSP 1.0.5 would drop. Now that it's hit, I'm assuming I'll need to rebalance the jet parts (engines and air intakes). I'll look through the changes and see what needs to be done. No ETA yet.

EDIT: I've been making a list of things to look at. MRS will probably be functional in the current release without too much issue, but it'll need a bunch of things tweaked to preserve the balance and take advantage of some of the new fixes.

Edited by NecroBones

I'm posting this update in several of my mod threads, since it pertains to each of them. I believe all of these mods are probably working acceptably for now, with MRS needing the most love due to the changes in jet engines and air intakes. So I've marked them all as compatible with 1.0.5 except MRS.

I've gone through the part CFG changes, and the patch notes, and built a laundry list of things to go over and tweak. Most of these are somewhat broad categories (like liquid fueled engines), rather than single parts, but I have a screenshot of my notes below. :) I may get some done today, but tomorrow will probably be the more productive day since I have Wednesday off from work for the holiday. Pardon the chicken-scratch. My handwriting is particularly bad when I'm rushing. :)

LjJqaDh.jpg

I'll learn something new from english "chicken scratchs" :D In french we say "écrire comme un chat" "writing like a cat" . It seems you will be "a tad" busy this couple of days . Don't forget radiators or you will overheat.:sticktongue:

Not a ton of testing, but released:

1.10 (2015-11-11) - KSP 1.0.5 update.
- Adjusted inner attachment nodes on cargo bays to be offset inward like new stock settings on cargo bays.
- Cargo bays now have settings for door deployment limits.
- Flingatrons updated to use new contract constraints, and exhaust damage reducer, and other thermal settings.
- RTG updated to use new passive core temperature system.
- Inline Drill/Tank combo updated to use the stock drill's new settings.
- Fuel crossfeed toggle added to aerodynamic pylons.
- Engines (except quad-nuke) updated to use FXModuleAnimateThrottle.
- Engines, decouplers/separators, etc updated to use new stock-alike thermal settings and contract constraints.
- Jet Engines and Air Intakes rebalanced.

Small fixes, mainline MRS only (not the Lite version);

1.10.1 (2015-11-13) Tweaks/Fixes, mainline MRS only.
- 0.625m air intakes have intake speed restored to match their bigger brothers.
- Corrected a variety of effects+gimbal problems with the 3.75m quad cluster engine, introduced in 1.10.

NecroBones, One small thing to look at is the temp rating of the decouplers in MRS. If I stage and ignite the engines on the new stage, as soon as the exhaust plume hits the decoupler it explodes. I haven't lost any craft due to this, it's just disconcerting.

[quote name='DDay2021']NecroBones, One small thing to look at is the temp rating of the decouplers in MRS. If I stage and ignite the engines on the new stage, as soon as the exhaust plume hits the decoupler it explodes. I haven't lost any craft due to this, it's just disconcerting.[/QUOTE]

That happens with the stock decouplers as well. But explosions are cool in my books, so that's fine for me

[quote name='DDay2021']NecroBones, One small thing to look at is the temp rating of the decouplers in MRS. If I stage and ignite the engines on the new stage, as soon as the exhaust plume hits the decoupler it explodes. I haven't lost any craft due to this, it's just disconcerting.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='juanml82']That happens with the stock decouplers as well. But explosions are cool in my books, so that's fine for me[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the MRS decouplers have the same thermal limits as the stock decouplers, which was one of the things I double-checked in the recent MRS update. I could bump it up some, but it's a result of the changes in how exhaust heat is applied, so it probably wouldn't help a huge amount.

[quote name='linuxgurugamer']Not fine in my book.

I simply separate the staging from the engine ignition to avoid that.[/QUOTE]

I think that's what Squad intended, possibly with the use of Sepratrons as ullage motors to aid the separation.

[quote name='NecroBones']Yeah, the MRS decouplers have the same thermal limits as the stock decouplers, which was one of the things I double-checked in the recent MRS update. I could bump it up some, but it's a result of the changes in how exhaust heat is applied, so it probably wouldn't help a huge amount.[/QUOTE]

No worries, don't make any changes just for my whims, I can change the way I do my launches and include sepratrons or other small motors.

[quote name='NecroBones']I think that's what Squad intended, possibly with the use of Sepratrons as ullage motors to aid the separation.[/QUOTE]

Interestingly enough, watching this [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSnOTaCeSuk"]video[/URL] gave me some ideas of how to change some of my launch profiles. The most interesting thing I saw was the use of springs(?) for the first stage separation.

[quote name='DDay2021']
Interestingly enough, watching this [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSnOTaCeSuk"]video[/URL] gave me some ideas of how to change some of my launch profiles. The most interesting thing I saw was the use of springs(?) for the first stage separation.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty cool, I've never seen a closeup of spring ejection like that. It's a shame that (to my knowledge) stock KSP doesn't have a way to trigger a one-time animation for decouplers. Otherwise I'd add something like that. I don't want to add dependencies with other mods just for that though.

Something I'm tempted to do is to go back and add solid propellant motors to many of my stack decouplers (MRS and SpaceY), just with it defaulting to zero fuel, so that it's an optional upgrade in the VAB to fuel it up and use it. This would function similarly to the SpaceY rocket-powered radial decouplers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.