[1.2 - 1.4] Modular Rocket Systems v1.13.2 (2018-03-12) - Stock-alike Parts Pack

NecroBones

Any chance for the fuel tanks to be more configurable as to the type of fuels they contain? Shame to have the efficient quad nuke rocket only consume liquid fuel when the majority of useful tanks by MRS (like the 3.75 to 2.5 tank) are non configurable LF/O2 only. Would love to be able to remove the O2 tanks to make more room for LF, etc

Any chance for the fuel tanks to be more configurable as to the type of fuels they contain? Shame to have the efficient quad nuke rocket only consume liquid fuel when the majority of useful tanks by MRS (like the 3.75 to 2.5 tank) are non configurable LF/O2 only. Would love to be able to remove the O2 tanks to make more room for LF, etc

Yep, actually I'm planning to put out an update (probably today) with support for "Interstellar Fuel Switch" to do this. I think the config will also work with FS Fuel Switch, but I'm only testing against the Interstellar version, since it's slightly more robust.

- - - Updated - - -

Released:

1.7.3 (2015-07-07) - Tweaks.
- Added ConductionFactor/convectionflux settings for cargo bays.
- Added support for Interstellar/FS Fuel Switch.

• 2 weeks later...

NecroBones, found a bug for you. This is odd...but I got a rescue mission, the problem is the Kerbal is in a MRS Guidance Nose Cone. Poor Shercas is stuck in in it and since there is no hatch, he can not get out. Thought you may want to know about that.

Edited by SyberSmoke

Was Having issues last night with the long 2.5 meter bay overheating and exploding soon as my wheels touch the ground on the runway. I'm my airplane design, but only when it had the wings attached or the ore tank I was using as a test weight was mostly full.

It may be mod interaction causing this, but the cargo bay exploded almost instantly upon being loaded on the runway. Which really, seems pretty bizarre since I use that part in rockets with more stress all the time.

Was Having issues last night with the long 2.5 meter bay overheating and exploding soon as my wheels touch the ground on the runway. I'm my airplane design, but only when it had the wings attached or the ore tank I was using as a test weight was mostly full.

It may be mod interaction causing this, but the cargo bay exploded almost instantly upon being loaded on the runway. Which really, seems pretty bizarre since I use that part in rockets with more stress all the time.

Actually this appears to be a KSP bug with cargo bays. It's usually most noticeable with the "service bay" parts, but it depends a lot on what payloads are inside, what size they are, and how things are attached outside the bays. They have some phantom physics effects, and phantom heat effects as well.

Since there's nothing unusual about how I designed them, and in fact I went to great care to follow the stock guidelines and make sure the colliders made sense. So basically until KSP fixes it, there's nothing I can do.

Could we get some 3.75m and 5m rocket sized cargo bays? Would be useful for interplanetary ships.

I'm thinking about that. I'm definitely planning on a 3.75m somewhere, whether it's here or in the new Lithobraking pack. A 5m might be good too, though I'd probably be more likely to add that to SpaceY since it adds the 5m parts.

Enjoying using MRS on my early orbital stations and very small manned landers. Just a handful of parts from MRS and things suddenly become nicer to play with. Oh I'm talking about the 1.25-2.5m cone fuel tank and the 0.625m rocket engine of course :)

http://i.imgur.com/D14m9BM.jpg

Awesome, looks great! Glad you're enjoying it. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone else experienced the cargo bays in this mod pack overheating over nothing? I think it might be related to the stock overheating bug on certain parts unfortunately.

Cargo bays in general are bugged, and you are correct, it has to do with stock bugs.

MRS is awesomesauce and does no evil.

Edited by Randazzo

Cargo bays in general are bugged, and you are correct, it has to due with stock bugs.

Every two weeks or so I run into yet another stock bug that makes me want to stop playing. This game could be a million times better so easily. I can't wait to see this game in 5 years - perhaps then it'll be the game I want it to be.

Yeah, sadly it's affecting all cargo bays, not just MRS or stock.

I feel the frustration with the bugs. In a way, I started running into bugs even more when I started making parts. There are a lot of bug-related limitations that constrain what can be made.

But the game is gradually improving in that regard. Hang in there.

Cargo bays in general are bugged, and you are correct, it has to do with stock bugs.

So that's why my Spaceplane blew up on the runway (Not one of your parts).

The 0.625 Turbo Jet (The high-speed model in that size) has wonky particle effects, a continuous flame even at zero throttle and no fuel left. I am not using HotRockets. That's annoying but it doesn't break anything.

So that's why my Spaceplane blew up on the runway (Not one of your parts).

The 0.625 Turbo Jet (The high-speed model in that size) has wonky particle effects, a continuous flame even at zero throttle and no fuel left. I am not using HotRockets. That's annoying but it doesn't break anything.

It's possible I screwed something up with it (again). But as an experiment, you can delete or renamed the "MRS_HotRockets.cfg" file in the MRS folder (if renaming, just change 'cfg' to 'txt'). If that fixes it, it's something going on with the HotRockets config. It may think HotRockets is installed, even though it isn't.

I'll look on my side too, and see if it's doing this in a clean environment.

EDIT: With MRS 1.7.3, it looks OK on my side. It's probably a mod interaction causing the problem, unless you have a version mismatch between MRS and what version of KSP it's expecting (such as MRS 1.5.X on KSP 1.0.4), since KSP recently changed those jet effects. MRS 1.6.4 was the first version to use KSP's new jet effects.

Edited by NecroBones

Yeah there a some troubles with bays... all the bays ;.;

Here an example of bays weirdness

rlw5yd.png

Here, all is alright, Valentina is happy. Look carefully at the radiators and the fuel tanks from Fuel Tank Plus.

2eajlv9.png

And now, look at the ground... Yup, the fuel tanks blowed up when I closed the bay. There wasn't any kind of clipping between fuel tanks and bay. And that happened not one time, but each time I closed the bay. But it's not specifically related to LET bay since I already had this problem with a standard 2.5m bay, the bay butchering the fuel tank I attached to it vertically when I openned it... A little problem when those fuel tanks are powering the engines used to land... :sealed:

And the standard overheat issue...

soa2bt.png

r2rj1g.png

I noticed that dynamic warp tends to make this bug more common.

And if I just have necrobones stuff showed in buggy situations, it's because I almost only use his creations :D

• 2 weeks later...
any new parts in the pipeline, or are you focusing on spacey?

Nothing new coming right now, in the way of parts, but that doesn't mean there won't be. Most of the newer stuff right now is going into either SpaceY Expanded, or Lithobraking Exploration Tech.

A little request nothing urgent, a 3.75m battery would be very nice or high capacity radial battery something like 800/1600/3200 EC and XL RTG with x4 capacity or something like that :)

Oh, and dunno if it's related to the game heat problems or the part being a little too much heat sensitive I had a ore tank/drill combo who could not made it to the ground except with the most extreme mesures to bring it back to the ground, I had to make a dozen of aerobrakes at very high altitude to finally not see my ship exploding due to overheat even with four big radiators sticked to it. right after the penetration in atmosphere overheat bar was rising even if there was a 2.5m wide engine to cover the ore tank butt. I was about to give up after many tries finishing in kaboom experience. I was surprised cause previous time I used the combo it didn't look that sensitive I used it and made it back to the KSC without trouble, but this time, each try was plagued by temperature issue.

I'll bump up the heat tolerance of the drill part, and see how that goes. There are still some KSP heat bugs that do some strange things though.

Yeah, some larger batteries and RTGs could be useful. I'm thinking about the RTGs in particular, since there aren't many good power options away from the sun.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.