[1.12.x] Transfer Window Planner v1.8.0.0 (April 11)

TriggerAu

I use this mod to find my transferwindows for interplanetary flights, but it calculates wrong to bring back Jeb, Bill and Bob from their Dres-Adventure.

The mod give me a return Travel thats 153days to early, to get back on Kerbin. But the dV calculation was not very high, i dont get back home with this dV because the rocket was to early at Kerbins Orbit.

with slingshotter and maneuver i found the encounter 153days later.

The UT is in year 51, is it possible that tolerances get wrong results, or is the problem just sitting at the computer?:sticktongue:

On 5/30/2018 at 11:51 PM, Tyko said:

You click on the little pencil icon on the left end of any text field. You can then type in a value using your keyboard. To enter orbits ahead you have to use the orbit +/- buttons to advance it. I first use the orbit +/- to advance to as close as I can get to the TWP transfer window time. Then I enter the prograde and normal values. Finally I adjust the departure angle. note that TWP uses "from" Prograde while PM uses "To" prograde. I might have those reversed, but one uses To while the other uses From. Regardless, it means the same thing so the look for either Prograde or Retrograde and make sure that matches what TWP gave you

Note: This is the main reason why I'm so anxious for @TriggerAu to add Kronometer support. Currently in a scaled system the time values aren't interchangeable with the values displayed in PM, so I can't set up advance transfers.

There is already a commit by Aelfhe1m for this and KAC on github...  https://github.com/TriggerAu/TransferWindowPlanner/pull/51

Hopefully it will be merged to the master at the next update

Edited by flack

• 4 weeks later...

I can't thank you enough for this mod! Getting transfer windows was something I always struggled with (and other mods seemed to disagree about the best times).  Not only does this make finding optimal transfer windows easy, but lets you make decisions about the cost of going at less than optimal times.  Nice interface and it's integration with KAC is fantastic.  Thanks for making this!! 

On 7/21/2018 at 8:31 AM, Thomas, a Kerbonaut said:

Would it be possible to convert this software in an app ? It could be an App Store one or a Play Store one.

Probably.  Nice idea.  Or else use the Web app link on the front page :)

Can someone help me out a bit with using this? Not the basics, but I don't truly understand all the info it provides so I think I'm not fully utilizing it.

What are Phase angle, Ejection Angle, Ejection Inclination, Insertion inclination? I know what some of them mean, but I have no idea how to utilize these in game. I tried searching, but found nothing. A link to an explanation would also help.

13 minutes ago, Unfawkable said:

A link to an explanation would also help.

http://ksp.olex.biz/

I guess this is the best explanation you can find :)

edit: You may be interested in an additional mod like precise maneuvering. The mod will actually show you your ejection angle and inclination and you can type in deltaV values for each direction :)

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

38 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

http://ksp.olex.biz/

I guess this is the best explanation you can find :)

edit: You may be interested in an additional mod like precise maneuvering. The mod will actually show you your ejection angle and inclination and you can type in deltaV values for each direction :)

Cool stuff, thanks, I'll look into it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

Quick update from me. KAC is now up to date for 1.6. This one is next...

Thanks! Quick note...there's a bug related to Orbital Parameters in the upper left of the window. If you switch destination planets it copies the destination orbit height to the origin orbit height window

Steps to repro:

• Leave your origin (Kerbin) orbit at 100km
  • Set your destination orbit to 1000km
  • switch your destination planet to any other planet
  • Expected result - your origin orbit altitude stays at 100km 
  • Actual result - your origin orbit altitude changes to 1000km

Any chance you can look into this when you're updating?

12 hours ago, Tyko said:

Thanks! Quick note...there's a bug related to Orbital Parameters in the upper left of the window. If you switch destination planets it copies the destination orbit height to the origin orbit height window

Steps to repro:

Can do

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 3:14 PM, TriggerAu said:
On 12/31/2018 at 3:03 AM, Tyko said:

Steps to repro:

Can do

Thanks for fixing this  :) 

@TriggerAu

Just wanted to mention that I'm using your FrameworkExt directory from this in the KSPCalendar mod I've revived.  I put the following at the top of each file:

/* Part of KSPPluginFramework
Version 1.2

Forum Thread:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66503-KSP-Plugin-Framework
Author: TriggerAu, 2014
License: The MIT License (MIT)
*/

and will mention it in the OP and Changelog.  

Works great, although I had to create the Months list for the stock calendar (set month name = month number)

Let me know if you would like me to do anything else

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2014 at 8:43 PM, TriggerAu said:

Transfer Window Planner - v1.6.3.0

An ingame implementation of AluxMun's Launch Window Planner WebApp

The Transfer Window Planner is a plugin to let you visualise planetary transfer efficiency in-game. Using it you can select your planet of Origin and planet of Destination and it will present you with details about the required Delta-V to travel from Origin to Destination.

You access the tool by clicking on the Porkchop icon in either the AppLauncher or Common Toolbar - your choice - then follow the instructions in the main window. Once you have selected a transfer you can use the Copy buttons to copy that text to any other plugin or window.

Documentation can be found in the manual below with a range of pics, but heres a pic of the main screen

TWPMainWindow.png

Thanks

• Much thanks to Alexmun for a C# version of his Lambert Solver that is in the WebApp. Without which I could not have brought this together
  • Also thanks to NathanKell for allowing me to pester him about how RSS works :)

Links and further Information

Download from GitHub or Download from Curse or Download from SpaceDock

Documentation/Manual - New and Shiny

Source Code on GitHub

Version History

Network Connectivity Details

This Mod contains a version checker which can be managed and triggered from the About tab of the settings. It is configured to check once a day by default, and this check also can be disabled. The technical details of it are as follows:

DT-OSILogo16.png This work is licensed under an MIT license as outlined at the OSI site

Is the mod dead for the newer KSP Versions? I feel like its needed for interplanetary transfers & its good for telling when you need to go with Alarm clock & Delta V.

On 2/22/2019 at 4:24 AM, Cloakedwand72 said:

Is the mod dead for the newer KSP Versions? I feel like its needed for interplanetary transfers & its good for telling when you need to go with Alarm clock & Delta V.

See TriggerAu's post on this thread from Dec. 30, 2018.

Edited by FloppyRocket

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.