[1.12.x] Transfer Window Planner v1.8.0.0 (April 11)

TriggerAu

I have a question with how this mod interacts with the Precise Node mod. I input the prograde and normal dV's into Precise Node and it seems to want to launch me at strange angles. I think I just need to play around with it a bit more but any help would be great.

I am also copy and pasting the time into Precise Node.

The kerbalstuff link gets me a 401 (Not Authorized) error.
It doesn't look like the mod is available on KerbalStuff yet; perhaps it still needs to be uploaded?

EDIT: Hmm, I can see the mod by going to TriggerAu's profile page: https://kerbalstuff.com/profile/TriggerAu but clicking on it results in the same Unauthorized error. Perhaps it is a bug with KerbalStuff then?

My Bad - I forgot to click the "Publish" button. It should be there now :(

I have a question with how this mod interacts with the Precise Node mod. I input the prograde and normal dV's into Precise Node and it seems to want to launch me at strange angles. I think I just need to play around with it a bit more but any help would be great.

I am also copy and pasting the time into Precise Node.

Typically the bit that you need to fiddle here is the actual time. If the vessels orbit doesnt get the ejection angle at the exact UT you will go everywhere. The best way to think of this tool is that it will show you the most effective "Window" and the cost in dV. You then set your Man node at the right Ejection Angle and then the dV figures be pretty close in PreciseNode.

I do have to knock up a tutorial at some point for this - although there are a few good ones for AlexMuns web tool already

When controlling a ship, KAC 3.0.0.6 show 0s for all alarms when this mod is also installed. The correct times are shown at KSC. The correct times returned to the ship view as soon as I disabled TWP.

Super Weird! - maybe I need to do the same thing with the refs in TWP. Sorry for that Thanny - will look at it now

When controlling a ship, KAC 3.0.0.6 show 0s for all alarms when this mod is also installed. The correct times are shown at KSC. The correct times returned to the ship view as soon as I disabled TWP.

Can I get a screenshot of that - I cant find a way to make it do that... still trying though

Can I get a screenshot of that - I cant find a way to make it do that... still trying though

KSP is contriving to make me a madman. I cannot reproduce that problem now at all. I should have done that before posting in the first place.

Got it to reproduce after switching ships a couple times.

The screenshot, and KSP's log, which has some KAC/TWP-related exceptions that may or may not be relevant.

Edited by Thanny

Do you have any plans to add in calculations to Moons? Further, Astroids or other space craft floating about? I downloaded this in hopes of finding a good transfer from Mun to Minums, but was bummed when i saw it only did planets.

Do you have any plans to add in calculations to Moons? Further, Astroids or other space craft floating about? I downloaded this in hopes of finding a good transfer from Mun to Minums, but was bummed when i saw it only did planets.

I could have sworn I had a Mun to Minmus transfer when I tested at the start - I might have removed something by mistake. I can get that in easily enough, plus Asteroid ones should be easy too - I'l have a look

Can't test it as Im at work, but code wise it looks like as long as there is more than one body orbiting the same parent it shoudl show up. So in the origin drop down you should see Mun and Minmus, and when you select one the other will be the default target. Let me know if you dont see that

KSP is contriving to make me a madman. I cannot reproduce that problem now at all. I should have done that before posting in the first place.

Got it to reproduce after switching ships a couple times.

The screenshot, and KSP's log, which has some KAC/TWP-related exceptions that may or may not be relevant.

Found it - will work it in to the next version too, Thanks Thanny

Did you remove the add KAC Alarm feature, I cannot find it anymore.

Also What does the button Copy Transfer Details and that button after Departure does, do they have any function ingame.

thnx for this mod btw I have really come to heavily rely on it great work.

Did you remove the add KAC Alarm feature, I cannot find it anymore.

Also What does the button Copy Transfer Details and that button after Departure does, do they have any function ingame.

thnx for this mod btw I have really come to heavily rely on it great work.

In the Transfer Window Planner Settings under Alarm Clock Integration it says you need a newer version of KAC.

Funny enough I have KAC 3.0.1.0 open right next to it, can you please fix this bug.

The buttons copy the details to the clipboard so you can paste them in in another window, app, etc

Will double check the version compare stuff here tonight

New version of KAC with some API tweaks as well as a new version of this. let me know how that goes

v1.1.2.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

• Added extra logging and null checks re AppLauncher
  • Updated KACWrapper to handle Alarmtime properly and add repeat properties

Hi,

I downloaded both new versions of KAC 3.0.2.0 and TWP 1.1.2.0 but my problem still persists the Transfer Window Planner Settings under Alarm Clock Integration still says you need a newer version of KAC and I still have no add KAC Alarm button in TWP.

I will also try removing all other mods and testing then will post how that goes.

Hi,

I downloaded both new versions of KAC 3.0.2.0 and TWP 1.1.2.0 but my problem still persists the Transfer Window Planner Settings under Alarm Clock Integration still says you need a newer version of KAC and I still have no add KAC Alarm button in TWP.

I will also try removing all other mods and testing then will post how that goes.

Can you also pastebin the output_log.txt file too?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey TriggerAu, I think I've got a bug for you. I noticed that the TWP button was available in the VAB and (since this was a new save I was working in) decided to take the opportunity to put all of the upcoming transfer windows in my "schedule". However, the planner didn't have the add-alarm button, and when I opened the alarm clock options panel (to see if there was something mis-set), the options panel was blank. Later on, the game crashed (probably not related) and when I looked through the log, I found lots of NullReferenceExceptions like this:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TransferWindowPlanner.TWPWindowSettings.DrawWindow_Alarm () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TransferWindowPlanner.TWPWindowSettings.DrawWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourWindow.DrawWindowInternal (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

What I'm guessing might be at work is that because KAC doesn't exist in the VAB (at least I assume it doesn't -- I've never seen the KAC button there), when TWP tried to contact it for the options window, it choked and threw the NRE. I don't think they caused the crash, but there were a lot of them (maybe one per frame or calculation step?), and it can't be good to leave them around.

Thanks!

Hey TriggerAu, I think I've got a bug for you. I noticed that the TWP button was available in the VAB and (since this was a new save I was working in) decided to take the opportunity to put all of the upcoming transfer windows in my "schedule". However, the planner didn't have the add-alarm button, and when I opened the alarm clock options panel (to see if there was something mis-set), the options panel was blank. Later on, the game crashed (probably not related) and when I looked through the log, I found lots of NullReferenceExceptions like this:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TransferWindowPlanner.TWPWindowSettings.DrawWindow_Alarm () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TransferWindowPlanner.TWPWindowSettings.DrawWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourWindow.DrawWindowInternal (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

What I'm guessing might be at work is that because KAC doesn't exist in the VAB (at least I assume it doesn't -- I've never seen the KAC button there), when TWP tried to contact it for the options window, it choked and threw the NRE. I don't think they caused the crash, but there were a lot of them (maybe one per frame or calculation step?), and it can't be good to leave them around.

Thanks!

Pretty sure your right re it not showoing the button in the VAB as the wrapper wont find the loaded module... but the later breakage is not right... I'll give it a go here and see, I'm working on this mod at the mo anyways

Great mod, and nice combo with KAC too! :)

I don't like the "just warp forward 5 years" mentality that a lot of players have, and I run with life support mods, so the pairing is great for planning ahead and having a fleet of probes/ships ready to go during the right week, and setting a time scale for bringing them back before the crews starve. Adds a good degree of strategy too, since I'll have to batter the profitable contracts as a launch window approaches, trying to get budget and science enough so's to have something worth launching. Meanwhile KAC stops me missing important course corrections, and avoids my Kerbin-SOI activities flying straight into the Mun because I was distracted.

One thing I do find is that TWP always gives me a fairly optimistic delta-v requirement, versus MechJeb which I end up using to plot the actual out-of-Kerbin burn. Where TWP might suggest a 1000 burn and 800 insert, MJ will promptly require 1200 and 1000, sometimes far worse, but I don't know which of the two porkchops to fault, if either. Not sure I understand enough about what TWP is trying to tell me to optimise my departure... maybe what I'm seeing is my failure to match TWP's suggested inclinations before burning?

Don't suppose there's any progress on the idea of getting TWP to set a manoeuvre node for the current ship? If TWP's numbers are more accurate, I'd love to be able to use them and save some of that precious fuel :cool:

Thanks eddiew,

I think the variation here is that TWP uses the logic/code from the launch window planner in which the vessels orbit is assumed to be exactly circular, so its the best case scenario.

Am currently working on RSS integration stuff so the dates/times can become actual ones in this and KAC. after that is the man node work - which should then show more realistic dv figures... but wont help when you are building the ship. That of course is in the gaps in testing :P

I dont know how the MechJeb one works, but I might look at it when I attack this problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.