[1.12.x] Transfer Window Planner v1.8.0.0 (April 11)

TriggerAu

10 hours ago, Kyrt Malthorn said:

Anyone know off the top of their heads if this is a 1.4+ issue, or did I do something?  The fact this is also affecting Kerbal Alarm Clock (but KAC is actually working, aside from the icons being whited out) suggests to me it's missing a folder, but I went digging and the icons are there in the files soo...  I'm stumped.

TWP isn't compatible with 1.4.x yet. Please don't ask "when will it be" either. The modders provide their mods for free, on the their own schedules, and we have to wait until they have free time to update them.

52 minutes ago, Tyko said:

TWP isn't compatible with 1.4.x yet. Please don't ask "when will it be" either. The modders provide their mods for free, on the their own schedules, and we have to wait until they have free time to update them.

Wasn't gonna ask.  I appreciate that modders take time out of a likely too-busy RL to do this, :wink: I'm just making sure I'm not missing a dependancy or something dumb, I've been outta the game for a while.

On 3/14/2018 at 9:30 PM, Tyko said:

Im OK with people askin btw... as long as its not all the peopels all the times :P

• 1 month later...

A nearly dumb question - perhaps - but how do I convert the values to a legit maneuver node?

Edit:

Ah well, I have to use one specific mod, Precise Node Continued.

@TriggerAuIt would be great if TWP just creates the maneuver node itself, so I have the freedom of choice which manuever node editor mod I want to use.
(I don't want to use more than one)

Edited by Gordon Dry

@TriggerAu I found a bug, see yourself:
SKlxDjH.png

It says travel time 10 days, should be years.

(for clarification: my system is 10x rescaled, but planets are stock sized)

Edit:

btw I have a request/a suggestion:
(and I know the maths will not be too easy for that)

Additionally to the actual way of using, the user has the possibility to let the mod calculate the optimal initial orbit, depending of a choice of three the user had set up by radio button:

• Lowest Delta-V
  • Earliest departure
  • Fastest travel

I just recognized that their is no general rule of thumb; in some cases a initial orbit of 300 km is way better than a higher one, but sometimes it's better to eject at 20.000 km and in a few cases it's even better to eject at 300.000 km - depending what I want. Fuel efficency? Earliest possible approch? Or "just" shortest travel time?

Edited by Gordon Dry

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:50 PM, Gordon Dry said:

A nearly dumb question - perhaps - but how do I convert the values to a legit maneuver node?

Edit:

@TriggerAuIt would be great if TWP just creates the maneuver node itself, so I have the freedom of choice which manuever node editor mod I want to use.

That would be nice...transferring the info to PreciseManeuver (in my case). But, currently any maneuver node I create becomes non-viable once I pass it in orbit so a maneuver node with all the info (phase angle, ejection angle, etc.) may be days (and many orbits) away. Not sure how that would work?

On 5/22/2018 at 6:50 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Edit:

Does Precise Node let you type in values for the maneuver node? I use Precise Maneuver and I just transfer the numbers from the KAC info over to PM. It's an extra step, but I enjoy it because programming in a maneuver is something that happens in RL too. Makes me feel more connected to the game.

2 hours ago, Tyko said:

Does Precise Node let you type in values for the maneuver node? I use Precise Maneuver and I just transfer the numbers from the KAC info over to PM. It's an extra step, but I enjoy it because programming in a maneuver is something that happens in RL too. Makes me feel more connected to the game.

How do you do that, Tyko? I have PM but I do not know how to do this. Does the node work if the values entered are many orbits ahead?

3 hours ago, Victor3 said:

How do you do that, Tyko? I have PM but I do not know how to do this. Does the node work if the values entered are many orbits ahead?

You click on the little pencil icon on the left end of any text field. You can then type in a value using your keyboard. To enter orbits ahead you have to use the orbit +/- buttons to advance it. I first use the orbit +/- to advance to as close as I can get to the TWP transfer window time. Then I enter the prograde and normal values. Finally I adjust the departure angle. note that TWP uses "from" Prograde while PM uses "To" prograde. I might have those reversed, but one uses To while the other uses From. Regardless, it means the same thing so the look for either Prograde or Retrograde and make sure that matches what TWP gave you

Note: This is the main reason why I'm so anxious for @TriggerAu to add Kronometer support. Currently in a scaled system the time values aren't interchangeable with the values displayed in PM, so I can't set up advance transfers.

Edited by Tyko

When ejecting from Kerbin to go to another planet, how do I use the ejection angle which the calculator displays to me?  Should I...

1. Place my manoeuvre node at the calculated ejection angle, or
  2. Align my path to be parallel to the calculated ejection angle, or
  3. Do something else?

Inside the spoiler tag below, I have attached screenshots illustrating the first two options.  In this case, I am sending a flyby probe to Moho.

Spoiler

4q7Bxxv.jpg

tu0lae8.jpg

Thanks!

(and sorry if I did something wrong with the post...)

Edited by Tommy59375

23 hours ago, Tommy59375 said:

When ejecting from Kerbin to go to another planet, how do I use the ejection angle which the calculator displays to me?  Should I...

1. Place my manoeuvre node at the calculated ejection angle, or
  2. Align my path to be parallel to the calculated ejection angle, or
  3. Do something else?

Inside the spoiler tag below, I have attached screenshots illustrating the first two options.  In this case, I am sending a flyby probe to Moho.

Hide contents

4q7Bxxv.jpg

tu0lae8.jpg

Thanks!

(and sorry if I did something wrong with the post...)

Option 1...it's telling you the angle at which you need to eject (burn), not the ejection path  :) 

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:51 PM, Tyko said:

You click on the little pencil icon on the left end of any text field. You can then type in a value using your keyboard. To enter orbits ahead you have to use the orbit +/- buttons to advance it. I first use the orbit +/- to advance to as close as I can get to the TWP transfer window time. Then I enter the prograde and normal values. Finally I adjust the departure angle. note that TWP uses "from" Prograde while PM uses "To" prograde. I might have those reversed, but one uses To while the other uses From. Regardless, it means the same thing so the look for either Prograde or Retrograde and make sure that matches what TWP gave you

Note: This is the main reason why I'm so anxious for @TriggerAu to add Kronometer support. Currently in a scaled system the time values aren't interchangeable with the values displayed in PM, so I can't set up advance transfers.

Thanks Tyko!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.