[1.12.x] Transfer Window Planner v1.8.0.0 (April 11)

TriggerAu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi I just installed this mod and was wondering if anyone can help. Not sure why but it looks like this - https://gyazo.com/c3f260d93d3533e97c1fe14b93fa3b5f

something is obviously wrong but im not really sure what... as you see I cant even set Mun as a destination. I re-downloaded the mod and re-installed but that didnt fix anything. 

appreciate any help

thanks

Welcome to the forum :)

3 hours ago, TheurGist said:

Not sure why but it looks like this

Looks like the mod is unable to find some textures, so my best guess would be: you installed the mod wrong.

I wrote a tutorial on this topic which probably helps you:

If the mod is actually installed properly, you should upload a log file. The location can be hard to find, so take a look into this thread:

It contains the logfile locations for each operating system. Please upload the log to a file hoster or cloud service and share the download link :)

@4x4cheesecake thank you for the detailed guide. Unless I'm dumb and am missing something I'm pretty sure I have it installed correctly. My other mod the one that helps with building the ships works fine I think engineer redux? - that was dragged into the "game data" folder. however for the transfer window since it was named "game data" for the mod folder I dragged it into the main folder of KSP. anything else I have to do? and obviously making sure I have the newest version of the mod that said does work w 1.7?

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and got the mods for it again and now it doesn't even show up as much as before. now it looks like this - https://gyazo.com/376b2ca673a479be95be4e1ddb23b827

I only have those two installed and chatterer. 

Log File

^ There is the log file, let me know if you need anything else. 

Thanks!

6 hours ago, TheurGist said:

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and got the mods for it again and now it doesn't even show up as much as before. now it looks like this - https://gyazo.com/376b2ca673a479be95be4e1ddb23b827

There's probably the issue. Did you uninstall the game through steam and immediately reinstalled it? Steam does not touch any files which aren't part of the game and since you already had some mods installed, they were still around when you tried a clean reinstall of the game and the mods. As soon as you reinstalled the mods, everything became worse but I'm sure we can fix it :)

Let's take a look at your GameData folder:

Folders and files in GameData:
Chatterer
GameData
KerbalEngineer
Stock folder: Squad

TriggerTech

As you can see, there is an additional GameData folder. It's probably empty (at least there is no mod .dll file in it) but it's the first clue that something went wrong during a mod installation.
Most of it looks fine though, so let's take a look at the file path of the mod .dlls:

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer\Plugins\GameData\Chatterer\Plugins\Chatterer.dll
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer\Plugins\GameData\Chatterer\Plugins\MiniAVC.dll
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalEngineer\KerbalEngineer\KerbalEngineer.dll
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalEngineer\KerbalEngineer\KerbalEngineer.Unity.dll
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalEngineer\KerbalEngineer\MiniAVC.dll
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\Plugins\KSPSteamCtrlr.dll
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TriggerTech\TransferWindowPlanner\GameData\TriggerTech\TransferWindowPlanner\TransferWindowPlanner.dll

I've highlighted all the issues for you: All the mods got some duplicated folder inside, usually this happens if you don't remove the mods manually for a clean reinstall and then try to reinstall the mods by merging GameData folders. That's actually something I should mention in my tutorial and I'll add it later :)

To fix it, just remove anything from your "GameData" folder except the "Squad" folder and reinstall the mods again. Check the file paths afterwards, it must be like this:

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer\Plugins\Chatterer.dll
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer\Plugins\MiniAVC.dll
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalEngineer\KerbalEngineer.dll
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalEngineer\KerbalEngineer.Unity.dll
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalEngineer\MiniAVC.dll
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\Plugins\KSPSteamCtrlr.dll
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TriggerTech\TransferWindowPlanner\TransferWindowPlanner.dll

One more thing though: You installed the wrong version of Kerbal Engineer (1.1.3.0 for KSP 1.3.0), you need this one: https://github.com/jrbudda/KerbalEngineer/releases/tag/1.1.6.0

I hope this will help you to get the mods running :)

@4x4cheesecake that is how i uninstalled it but I made sure before the uninstallation to manually delete all files. either way I did as you said and deleted all files besides squad and re installed the mods. This time only engineer redux and transfer window, no chatterer. engine redux works as it should, however, the transfer window is completely broken as i showed in my last post. no drop downs or anything. the installation of the mods automatically makes all those extra folders that were incorrect as you said so i made sure to fix that and have them in the exact places you mentioned "the right way" but im still having trouble with transfer window. here is another log file to be sure - outpul_log

can also add me on discord if that is easier/faster, i usually never have problems with these sorts of things thanks for taking the time to help me its really appreciated it. i just got ksp recently and have been addicted pretty hard lol 

@TheurGist Well, you fixed the folder structure for the dll files but not for the textures and other stuff:

Load(Texture): TriggerTech/TransferWindowPlanner/Textures/GameData/TriggerTech/TransferWindowPlanner/Textures/img_BarBlue

5 hours ago, TheurGist said:

the installation of the mods automatically makes all those extra folders that were incorrect [...]

can also add me on discord if that is easier/faster, i usually never have problems with these sorts of things thanks for taking the time to help me its really appreciated it. i just got ksp recently and have been addicted pretty hard lol 

Odd...

Yeah we can do that, I'll write you a pm  :)

edit: for the sake of completeness: We figured out that the windows explorer messed up the mod folder structure during the unzipping progress. Haven't seen something like this before and it doesn't seem to be a common issue but just in case someone else comes across this problem, switching to a third-party tool (7zip in this case) solved the issue and the mod unzip and runs fine now :)

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this mod supposed to show options for Intercepting the Mun, Minmus, and the Sun?  I'm not seeing them as options when I try to plan a take-off from Kerbin.

Edited by jpinard

No, because travelling from Low Kerbin Orbit to Mun or Minmus, or to just escape Kerbin's SOI, there aren't any  transfer windows.

TWP will, however, cover travelling between Mun and Minmus.

5 hours ago, jpinard said:

Is this mod supposed to show options for Intercepting the Mun, Minmus, and the Sun?  I'm not seeing them as options when I try to plan a take-off from Kerbin.

You're going to intercept the Sun any time you leave the Kerbin SOI. No plan is needed.

55 minutes ago, the_machemer said:

Hi. Does this still work with rescaled solar systems?

It works with any planetary system, rescaled or not, because it looks in the planet’s config file for the orbital parameters and other necessary information.