TriggerAu

[1.4.x] Transfer Window Planner v1.6.3.0 (March 18)

I use this mod to find my transferwindows for interplanetary flights, but it calculates wrong to bring back Jeb, Bill and Bob from their Dres-Adventure.

The mod give me a return Travel thats 153days to early, to get back on Kerbin. But the dV calculation was not very high, i dont get back home with this dV because the rocket was to early at Kerbins Orbit.

with slingshotter and maneuver i found the encounter 153days later.

The UT is in year 51, is it possible that tolerances get wrong results, or is the problem just sitting at the computer?:sticktongue:

On 5/30/2018 at 11:51 PM, Tyko said:

You click on the little pencil icon on the left end of any text field. You can then type in a value using your keyboard. To enter orbits ahead you have to use the orbit +/- buttons to advance it. I first use the orbit +/- to advance to as close as I can get to the TWP transfer window time. Then I enter the prograde and normal values. Finally I adjust the departure angle. note that TWP uses "from" Prograde while PM uses "To" prograde. I might have those reversed, but one uses To while the other uses From. Regardless, it means the same thing so the look for either Prograde or Retrograde and make sure that matches what TWP gave you

Note: This is the main reason why I'm so anxious for @TriggerAu to add Kronometer support. Currently in a scaled system the time values aren't interchangeable with the values displayed in PM, so I can't set up advance transfers.

There is already a commit by Aelfhe1m for this and KAC on github...  https://github.com/TriggerAu/TransferWindowPlanner/pull/51

Hopefully it will be merged to the master at the next update

Edited by flack

I can't thank you enough for this mod! Getting transfer windows was something I always struggled with (and other mods seemed to disagree about the best times).  Not only does this make finding optimal transfer windows easy, but lets you make decisions about the cost of going at less than optimal times.  Nice interface and it's integration with KAC is fantastic.  Thanks for making this!! 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 8:31 AM, Thomas, a Kerbonaut said:

Would it be possible to convert this software in an app ? It could be an App Store one or a Play Store one.

Probably.  Nice idea.  Or else use the Web app link on the front page :)

• Like 1

Can someone help me out a bit with using this? Not the basics, but I don't truly understand all the info it provides so I think I'm not fully utilizing it.

What are Phase angle, Ejection Angle, Ejection Inclination, Insertion inclination? I know what some of them mean, but I have no idea how to utilize these in game. I tried searching, but found nothing. A link to an explanation would also help.

13 minutes ago, Unfawkable said:

A link to an explanation would also help.

http://ksp.olex.biz/

I guess this is the best explanation you can find :)

edit: You may be interested in an additional mod like precise maneuvering. The mod will actually show you your ejection angle and inclination and you can type in deltaV values for each direction :)

Edited by 4x4cheesecake
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

http://ksp.olex.biz/

I guess this is the best explanation you can find :)

edit: You may be interested in an additional mod like precise maneuvering. The mod will actually show you your ejection angle and inclination and you can type in deltaV values for each direction :)

Cool stuff, thanks, I'll look into it.

I've seen this mod on YouTube videos and it looks great, but I haven't downloaded it yet. Now this (along with KAC) looks glorious for my upcoming Duna mission. Great work @TriggerAu!!!

• Like 1

Sometimes , when I get result for a transfer window I dont get the phase angles and the ejection angle  button to get the overlay in the map so how can I have them back.

thank you

Does anyone know if this works in 1.5.1? Or is there some new preferred mod for finding transfer windows?

I'd like to know to, I miss this mod. Didn't work for me on 1.5.0

It is working for me on 1.5.1

I need to adjust the offered solution, but I never used it before so I don't know if it always was this way.

Edited by Tacombel

Hello,

I start to plan back my travels to Duna. Can someone explains me the hellish red area?

1544964495-duna-window.png

Why is the delta-v jumping so much (up to >20k m/s) and crossing a low delta-v window? Is it interference of the Mun?

4 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

Quick update from me. KAC is now up to date for 1.6. This one is next...

Thanks! Quick note...there's a bug related to Orbital Parameters in the upper left of the window. If you switch destination planets it copies the destination orbit height to the origin orbit height window

Steps to repro:

• Leave your origin (Kerbin) orbit at 100km
  • Set your destination orbit to 1000km
  • switch your destination planet to any other planet
  • Expected result - your origin orbit altitude stays at 100km 
  • Actual result - your origin orbit altitude changes to 1000km

Any chance you can look into this when you're updating?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tyko said:

Thanks! Quick note...there's a bug related to Orbital Parameters in the upper left of the window. If you switch destination planets it copies the destination orbit height to the origin orbit height window

Steps to repro:

• Leave your origin (Kerbin) orbit at 100km
  • Set your destination orbit to 1000km
  • switch your destination planet to any other planet
  • Expected result - your origin orbit altitude stays at 100km 
  • Actual result - your origin orbit altitude changes to 1000km

Any chance you can look into this when you're updating?

Can do

• Like 4