[1.12.x] Transfer Window Planner v1.8.0.0 (April 11)

TriggerAu

Just now, Jebs_SY said:

You can click COPY DETAILS and then in the mod "Precise Maneuver" paste the values and then you have the node created. But is your orbit is not perfectly 100x100km with 0.00° inclination, some small fine tuning needs to be done.

I'll have to play some more, copying the time worked but I must have done something wrong on copying the rest, they didn't appear to do anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, @TriggerAu , I'm not sure whenever this is TWP or Toolbar mod problem, but TWP doesn't want to stay in blizzy's toolbar. If I set it to use blizzy's toolbar instead of the stock, it disappears from the stock, and appears on the blizzy's. But if I switch vessels or scenes, TWP is back on stock toolbar again, and the TWP settings regarding the toolbar choice automatically reset to stock.

What could be the culprit?

On 3/5/2017 at 6:57 AM, aluc24 said:

Hey, @TriggerAu , I'm not sure whenever this is TWP or Toolbar mod problem, but TWP doesn't want to stay in blizzy's toolbar. If I set it to use blizzy's toolbar instead of the stock, it disappears from the stock, and appears on the blizzy's. But if I switch vessels or scenes, TWP is back on stock toolbar again, and the TWP settings regarding the toolbar choice automatically reset to stock.

What could be the culprit?

From the previous page:

6 hours ago, Tarheel1999 said:

From the previous page:

I saw it, and created that settings.cfg file in the PluginData folder, but it didn't fix the problem. TWP still doesn't write anything to that file.

21 hours ago, aluc24 said:

I saw it, and created that settings.cfg file in the PluginData folder, but it didn't fix the problem. TWP still doesn't write anything to that file.

Are you using Linux or Windows? The only thing I can think of is there is a misspelling in the directory or file name or the check for the file is case sensitive. 

Just now, Tarheel1999 said:

Are you using Linux or Windows? The only thing I can think of is there is a misspelling in the directory or file name or the check for the file is case sensitive. 

Windows. We're talking about PluginData folder in KSP directory, right? Not the TWP folder? (there's no PluginData folder there)

On 3/8/2017 at 2:02 PM, Tarheel1999 said:

Nope. You need to add the folder to TWP.

Okay, I see. Now it works! Speaking of which, a lot of addons have the exact same issue of reverting back to stock toolbar. Maybe this fix would work for other addons as well?

On 3/10/2017 at 9:54 AM, aluc24 said:

Okay, I see. Now it works! Speaking of which, a lot of addons have the exact same issue of reverting back to stock toolbar. Maybe this fix would work for other addons as well?

I seriously doubt it. The fix will vary by mod. 

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Atracious said:

Hey, noob question, but, is there not a way to plot between a planet and a moon? I can get a plot between moons or between planets, but not from Kerbin to the Mun...

The Mun is in Kerbin's SOI, it's a simple Hohmann transfer, you don't need to find a transfer window.  That's why a transfer window planner won't plot it.

1 hour ago, Atracious said:

Hey, noob question, but, is there not a way to plot between a planet and a moon? I can get a plot between moons or between planets, but not from Kerbin to the Mun...

Like @Loren Pechtel noted its because its not a transfer between to planets orbiting the same common parent - tat said I do wonder if I could tweak it for that cause it could be cool. Ill put ot on my rainy day list

11 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

Like @Loren Pechtel noted its because its not a transfer between to planets orbiting the same common parent - tat said I do wonder if I could tweak it for that cause it could be cool. Ill put ot on my rainy day list

So I take it that means it wont work for plots between bodies in the stock system, with any bodies in any extra-solar planet/galaxy packs?
If not, yeah, adding that would be kewl...

Edited by Stone Blue

43 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

So I take it that means it wont work for plots between bodies in the stock system, with any bodies in any extra-solar planet/galaxy packs?
If not, yeah, adding that would be kewl...

It's job is to guide you to an object in your parent's SOI.

Thus, for example, Mun -> Minmus as Minmus is in Kerbin's SOI, not the Mun's.

Thus, for example, Kerbin -> Duna.  Duna is in Kerbol's SOI, not Kerbin's.

When you want to go to an object within your own SOI it's the much simpler math of the Hohmann transfer.

• 1 month later...

@TriggerAu, while scanning through an output log looking for a possible problem with some contracts simply failing when entering the Tracking Station, and my SETI contracts being reset (which I'll post in the appropriate threads :wink:  )  I noticed the following lines in said log.  Here is some basic info:

KSP verison and mod info:

Spoiler

KSP 1.2.2 Build 1622 Win Player x64

[x] Science

000 Filter Extensions

000 Filter Extensions configs

ASET

Auto Screenshots

B9 Aero

B9 Aero Legacy

B9 Animation Modules

B9 Part Switch

Better Time Warp

CactEye

Chatterer

Coatl Aerospace

CCK

CRP

CTT

Contract Configurator

Contract Packs - SETI Unmanned Before Manned

Cormorant Aeronology

Crowd Sourced Science

CTN - MAV

CTTP

Dark Side Tech

Decaying RTGs

Deployable Engines

DOE

DMagic Orbit Science

DMagic Science Animate

Extrasolar

FASA Lauch Towers 1.2.x fix

Firespitter

Hide Empty Tech nodes

Interstellar Fuel Switch

Janitor's closet

JSI - Camera

KAS

KEI

KCT dev

KER

KJR

KIS

Kopernicus

KSO

KSP - AVC

KW Rocketry

Mk IV Spaceplane

MechJeb2

MK3 Crew Mid Deck IVA

Modular Flight Integrator

Monthly budgests

Navy Fish DPAI

NF Constructions

NF Electrical

NF Props

NF Propulsion

NF Solar

NF Spacecraft

Nebula Decals and Nebula Handrails

Nehemiah Orbital Material Science

Neried Final Frontier

OPM

Persistant Rotation

Precise Node

REPO Soft TEcth Deep Freeze Cont'd

ScanSat

Science Relay

SETI Greeebhouse

smoke screen

SPD Hex Trusses

Texture Replacer

Thunder Aerospace TAC -LS

Toadius Tools

Trajectories

Trigger Tech KAC and TWP

Universal Storage

Vanguard Astrodynamics

Vanguard Tech - Ejection Seats

KSPI-E

WBI -  Actuators, DSEV, WBT, Kerbal Komets, Mobile Emitter

Xenon Hall Thrusters from NF Propulstion

Module Manager 2.7.6

Here is the section in the log I am referring to:

Spoiler

5/20/2017 4:29:38 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Download complete:38

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

5/20/2017 4:29:38 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Response Length:38

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

5/20/2017 4:29:38 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Got Version '1.6.1.0'

5/20/2017 4:29:38 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Version Check result:Success

5/20/2017 4:29:38 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Failed to Save ConfigNode to file(C:/Users/MASTER USER/Desktop/Non-Steam - Kerbal Space Program/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/TriggerTech/TransferWindowPlanner/PluginData/settings.cfg)-Error:Could not find a part of the path "C:\Users\MASTER USER\Desktop\Non-Steam - Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TriggerTech\TransferWindowPlanner\PluginData\settings.cfg".

Why is the log mentioning that it can't find this PluginData/settings.cfg?  Just to be sure, I downloaded a fresh copy of 1.6.1.0 from GitHub.  It does not have a PluginData folder.

While I doubt this has anything to do with my contracts messing up, will this cause other issues?

Please let me know if you require any further info.  Thanks!

31 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

@TriggerAu, while scanning through an output log looking for a possible problem with some contracts simply failing when entering the Tracking Station, and my SETI contracts being reset (which I'll post in the appropriate threads :wink:  )  I noticed the following lines in said log.  Here is some basic info:

KSP verison and mod info:

Reveal hidden contents

KSP 1.2.2 Build 1622 Win Player x64

[x] Science

000 Filter Extensions

000 Filter Extensions configs

ASET

Auto Screenshots

B9 Aero

B9 Aero Legacy

B9 Animation Modules

B9 Part Switch

Better Time Warp

CactEye

Chatterer

Coatl Aerospace

CCK

CRP

CTT

Contract Configurator

Contract Packs - SETI Unmanned Before Manned

Cormorant Aeronology

Crowd Sourced Science

CTN - MAV

CTTP

Dark Side Tech

Decaying RTGs

Deployable Engines

DOE

DMagic Orbit Science

DMagic Science Animate

Extrasolar

FASA Lauch Towers 1.2.x fix

Firespitter

Hide Empty Tech nodes

Interstellar Fuel Switch

Janitor's closet

JSI - Camera

KAS

KEI

KCT dev

KER

KJR

KIS

Kopernicus

KSO

KSP - AVC

KW Rocketry

Mk IV Spaceplane

MechJeb2

MK3 Crew Mid Deck IVA

Modular Flight Integrator

Monthly budgests

Navy Fish DPAI

NF Constructions

NF Electrical

NF Props

NF Propulsion

NF Solar

NF Spacecraft

Nebula Decals and Nebula Handrails

Nehemiah Orbital Material Science

Neried Final Frontier

OPM

Persistant Rotation

Precise Node

REPO Soft TEcth Deep Freeze Cont'd

ScanSat

Science Relay

SETI Greeebhouse

smoke screen

SPD Hex Trusses

Texture Replacer

Thunder Aerospace TAC -LS

Toadius Tools

Trajectories

Trigger Tech KAC and TWP

Universal Storage

Vanguard Astrodynamics

Vanguard Tech - Ejection Seats

KSPI-E

WBI -  Actuators, DSEV, WBT, Kerbal Komets, Mobile Emitter

Xenon Hall Thrusters from NF Propulstion

Module Manager 2.7.6

Here is the section in the log I am referring to:

Reveal hidden contents

5/20/2017 4:29:38 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Download complete:38

5/20/2017 4:29:38 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Response Length:38

5/20/2017 4:29:38 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Got Version '1.6.1.0'

5/20/2017 4:29:38 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Version Check result:Success

5/20/2017 4:29:38 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Failed to Save ConfigNode to file(C:/Users/MASTER USER/Desktop/Non-Steam - Kerbal Space Program/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/TriggerTech/TransferWindowPlanner/PluginData/settings.cfg)-Error:Could not find a part of the path "C:\Users\MASTER USER\Desktop\Non-Steam - Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TriggerTech\TransferWindowPlanner\PluginData\settings.cfg".

Why is the log mentioning that it can't find this PluginData/settings.cfg?  Just to be sure, I downloaded a fresh copy of 1.6.1.0 from GitHub.  It does not have a PluginData folder.

While I doubt this has anything to do with my contracts messing up, will this cause other issues?

Please let me know if you require any further info.  Thanks!

The way I understand it, TWP will write (and read) settings from that location, but it doesn't create the pathway itself for some reason. If you create a PluginData folder in TWP and put a settings.cfg file inside it, TWP should start using it properly. 

5 minutes ago, Merkov said:

The way I understand it, TWP will write (and read) settings from that location, but it doesn't create the pathway itself for some reason. If you create a PluginData folder in TWP and put a settings.cfg file inside it, TWP should start using it properly. 

But this should be unrelated to my current contract issues correct?

31 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

But this should be unrelated to my current contract issues correct?

Correct. The error is just saying it couldn't find the settings.cfg file to save settings data to it. 

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

@TriggerAu could you point me to the .cs file where the calculations for transfer windows are done? I tried looking through the git repo but couldn't find anything that was obviously it.

The core maths is in here: https://github.com/TriggerAu/TransferWindowPlanner/blob/master/TransferWindowPlanner/SharedStuff/LambertSolver.cs

Theres a helper in there and the code that loops through all the datetimes to get the DV for each one

36 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

The core maths is in here: https://github.com/TriggerAu/TransferWindowPlanner/blob/master/TransferWindowPlanner/SharedStuff/LambertSolver.cs

Theres a helper in there and the code that loops through all the datetimes to get the DV for each one

Oh oops just realized this now but I meant to ask about the transfer window stuff in the KAC thread (I want to figure out how to just calculate the basic transfer window stuff instead of doing a full porkchop plot)

• 3 weeks later...

Got this alarm from the Kerbal Alarm Clock, where the alarm was made with this Transfer Window Planner.

screenshot5.png

Either this TWP isn't inserting carriage returns, or KAC isn't honoring them, or something else entirely. Posted in both forums.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.