[1.12.x] Transfer Window Planner v1.8.0.0 (April 11)

TriggerAu

15 minutes ago, GSUI5051 said:

What about ARP? I miss the resource panel

Me too, but he already said he's doing things. Just let him do it in his own time.

3 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

@Deimos Rast: Painting a room in my house and building desk for PCs, etc - finally got to the office :P

Just dont do this!

https://youtu.be/tty8e00pt08?t=22s

@TriggerAu, I have a feature request. I am developing a Precise Maneuver plugin, and I want to add some kind of integration to yours. The easiest thing would be to do it through the clipboard, since you already have the "copy to clipboard" function. But although it provides "normal" and "prograde", it's precision is only two digits. Can you add a button that will copy the maneuver details (prograde normal and UT should be enough) with greater precision? Even better, if this text will have some unique ID at the beginning (like "Transfer Window Planner Maneuver Detailes\n"), so that I could monitor the clipboard constantly, and if I see that ID I could be sure it's the user pressed this button. Also, the format of this text should be persistent (or at lease backward-compatible).

TriggerAu, could I make a small request? Would it be possible to put the settings.cfg of both TWP and KAC in a folder called PluginData? That way it gets ignored by MM on startup. Otherwise, right now, MM has to rebuild the cache on every startup because of those two files, which is mildly annoying.

Maybe I find issue=

if you open TWP menu and enter to Mission control--> then from TWP menu go to spacecraft , and then go to Space Center from this spacecraft (KAC mod) you can't enter in all buildings (VAB,SPH etc)

ps: its TWP or KAC issue...

Edited by *MajorTom*

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, THX1138 said:

Will this tell me what the next window is if I don't care to specify a planet? i.e. the next window to any planet?

no sorry. I have an idea for a calendar style option that does that sort of thing, but it requires a chunk of time and a chunk of data crunching - it currently parked in the back of my head :P

55 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

no sorry. I have an idea for a calendar style option that does that sort of thing, but it requires a chunk of time and a chunk of data crunching - it currently parked in the back of my head :P

A thought I just had for that would be to do it through Transfer Window Planner-Kerbal Alarm Clock integration:  With both of them installed, the KAC "generate transfer window alarms" command can be told to use TWP to generate them, (using some default orbital values).

Possible bonus features:

The KAC alarm name includes the deltaV and transit time.

Include an option for setting a maximum deltaV, which generates two alarms as the window opens and closes.

Oh, and while I'm posting a little feature request:  Add diagonal lines for arrival times to the plot to make it easier to spot when you should wait for the later window.

So, i just installed this on a fresh game...and it's telling me that a 25 day transfer to Eve is only 1300m/s of DV. 

Now, i'm no rocket scientist, but i have performed a transfer that was 100 days slower before, and it was much more 1300m/s of DV to get there.

Has something changed in stock, or did i break something somehow??

Edited by StickyScissors

11 hours ago, StickyScissors said:

So, i just installed this on a fresh game...and it's telling me that a 25 day transfer to Eve is only 1300m/s of DV. 

Now, i'm no rocket scientist, but i have performed a transfer that was 100 days slower before, and it was much more 1300m/s of DV to get there.

Has something changed in stock, or did i break something somehow??

Nah, you probably just didn't make the most efficient transfer.  You might also have not been in the orbits used for the calculations.

Remember that TWP gives you results that say:  If you leave at this particular time, from this particular orbit, on this particular ejection angle it will take you X days and Y deltaV to get into this other particular orbit at your target planet.

4 hours ago, Chakat Firepaw said:

Nah, you probably just didn't make the most efficient transfer.  You might also have not been in the orbits used for the calculations.

Remember that TWP gives you results that say:  If you leave at this particular time, from this particular orbit, on this particular ejection angle it will take you X days and Y deltaV to get into this other particular orbit at your target planet.

I know what it does and how to operate it, i've used this to plan/perform maneuvers before so i know the numbers it is spitting out are wrong. The one im trying to do, a 120D transfer to eve was more DV than the 25d day transfer TWP is giving me.

So i've still made no progress on this, it still doesn't want to give me the right numbers for transfers. 

Even if i force  parameters on it (120day min and max transfer time) instead of giving it a range of travel days, it still gives inaccurate transfer details and times.

1.0.5 version works flawless in 1.0.5 so it's not my messing up that has broken it, and even on a fresh game, fresh save, fresh download and even on a different PC it doesn't wanna do it's thing.

faS7J86.png

And upon looking through an output log or two, TWP is throwing out a couple exceptions and NRE's in the process of figuring out transfers...

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at TransferWindowPlanner.TWPWindow.HideAngles () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at TransferWindowPlanner.TWPWindow.ddlDestination_OnSelectionChanged (KSPPluginFramework.DropDownList sender, Int32 OldIndex, Int32 NewIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourWindowPlus+DropDownList.DrawBlockingSelector () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourWindowPlus+DropDownListManager.DrawBlockingSelectors () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourWindowPlus.DrawWindowPre (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourWindow.DrawWindowInternal (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

[AsteroidSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:2)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

6/15/2016 8:43:02 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Generating DeltaV Values

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

6/15/2016 8:43:04 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Working out Log Values to determine DeltaV->Color Mapping

6/15/2016 8:43:04 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Generating DeltaV Color Palette

6/15/2016 8:43:04 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Placing ColorIndexes in array

6/15/2016 8:43:04 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,5.7936555588929

6/15/2016 8:43:04 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,ERROR: Background Worker Failed

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at TransferWindowPlanner.TWPWindow.SetTransferDetails () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at TransferWindowPlanner.TWPWindow.bw_GeneratePorkchop (System.Object sender, System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

6/15/2016 8:43:04 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Placing Colors on texture-292x292

6/15/2016 8:43:13 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Generating DeltaV Values

6/15/2016 8:43:14 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Working out Log Values to determine DeltaV->Color Mapping

6/15/2016 8:43:14 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Placing ColorIndexes in array

6/15/2016 8:43:14 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,5.71582698670729

6/15/2016 8:43:14 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,ERROR: Background Worker Failed

at TransferWindowPlanner.TWPWindow.SetTransferDetails () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at TransferWindowPlanner.TWPWindow.bw_GeneratePorkchop (System.Object sender, System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

6/15/2016 8:43:14 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Placing Colors on texture-292x292

[AsteroidSpawner]: No new objects this time. (Odds are 1:2)

6/15/2016 8:43:18 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Generating DeltaV Values

6/15/2016 8:43:20 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Working out Log Values to determine DeltaV->Color Mapping

6/15/2016 8:43:20 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Placing ColorIndexes in array

6/15/2016 8:43:20 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,3.27453597589852

6/15/2016 8:43:20 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,ERROR: Background Worker Failed

6/15/2016 8:43:20 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Placing Colors on texture-292x292

[AsteroidSpawner]: New object found near Kerbin: Ast. LEB-580!

6/15/2016 8:43:30 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Generating DeltaV Values

6/15/2016 8:43:32 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Working out Log Values to determine DeltaV->Color Mapping

6/15/2016 8:43:32 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Placing ColorIndexes in array

6/15/2016 8:43:32 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,5.74631822280063

6/15/2016 8:43:32 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,ERROR: Background Worker Failed

43 minutes ago, StickyScissors said:

So i've still made no progress on this, it still doesn't want to give me the right numbers for transfers. 

Even if i force  parameters on it (120day min and max transfer time) instead of giving it a range of travel days, it still gives inaccurate transfer details and times.

1.0.5 version works flawless in 1.0.5 so it's not my messing up that has broken it, and even on a fresh game, fresh save, fresh download and even on a different PC it doesn't wanna do it's thing.

faS7J86.png

And upon looking through an output log or two, TWP is throwing out a couple exceptions and NRE's in the process of figuring out transfers...

You have "no insertion burn" checked, correct? From the dV map, a transfer to eve will take 1120 just for a flyby, so 1300 seems feasible. :S you can get the 1061 estimate on alexmoon by not specifying time of flight, so it would seem to be related to the time of flight part in TWP. Are you physically clicking on the porkchop? It almost looks like it might be choosing a location which is off the visible region of the screen..? I'll see what mine is doing.

Edit:

I am reading the same 2126 m/s as shown on alexmoon. 2124 m/s actually, variation of less than 1%.

QmyWucH.png

Not to be THAT guy, but maybe you should try re-installing the mod or looking at interactions with some other mods.

FWIW, with the latest departure set as y1, d214 (as you have done), it shows ejection of 5721 dv.

http://imgur.com/Amu5CHw

Edited by Violent Jeb

27 minutes ago, Violent Jeb said:

Not to be THAT guy, but maybe you should try re-installing the mod or looking at interactions with some other mods.

FWIW, with the latest departure set as y1, d214 (as you have done), it shows ejection of 5721 dv.

Yeah, it appears my TWP is borked somehow. The thing is, i have tried reinstalling this multiple times but it just wont give me the correct outputs. No other mods either :/

Just put in the same parameters as the in-game image image shows you had and im still getting incorrect values

wGlz6wt.png 

I'll keep trying, but from the looks of things, it's not gonna fix itself

7 hours ago, StickyScissors said:

Yeah, it appears my TWP is borked somehow. The thing is, i have tried reinstalling this multiple times but it just wont give me the correct outputs. No other mods either :/

Just put in the same parameters as the in-game image image shows you had and im still getting incorrect values

wGlz6wt.png 

I'll keep trying, but from the looks of things, it's not gonna fix itself

When you re-install do you just merge folders into themselves or do you REMOVE the entire TWP addon from your GameData/TriggerTech folder  and install fresh?

If merging, I suggest you remove the entire addon structure from your GameData folder, re-download and re-install.

10 hours ago, Ignath said:

When you re-install do you just merge folders into themselves or do you REMOVE the entire TWP addon from your GameData/TriggerTech folder  and install fresh?

If merging, I suggest you remove the entire addon structure from your GameData folder, re-download and re-install.

Remove everything and start fresh.

Edit: Tried different mod versions, game versions, completely different PCs, started with a vanilla game, tried a modded game...nothing, it just. wont. work.

Edit: Still generating the same crap load of exceptions that i posted earlier anytime i click a button, change a parameter, or even attempt to click "plot it" >:I

Edited by StickyScissors

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.