[1.12.x] Transfer Window Planner v1.8.0.0 (April 11)

TriggerAu

On 2/7/2020 at 6:03 PM, Invaderchaos said:

I don't know if this is another one of my mods conflicting, but I just used TWP with JNSQ and it crashed instantly the moment I hit 'Plot It'. 

EDIT: Actually nvm, it appears to work fine now after rebooting. Not sure what happened.

I think it's the mod. I had that happen just now and before and it's annoying as hell. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Starseeker said:

Well, testing it out now, it *seems* to work alright; it doesn't crash or obviously error out, but I'll need to do more testing to see if it's actually accurate.

Well, seems to work just fine, at least for Moho! Both time and dV were pretty much spot-on for a Moho flyby :D

12 hours ago, Starseeker said:

Anyone know if this mod works in 1.10, and with rescaled systems?

Transfer Window Planner should work fine for rescaled systems.  As I understand it, nothing is hardcoded into it.  All the orbital elements are read from game, so it will perform its calculations based on whatever those elements are, whether modified or not.  It should also work with planet packs that add or delete celestial bodies.

• 3 weeks later...

This mod works with KSP 1.10 (only one crash in 1 month), but i checked its results in my current RSSRO (with or without Principia)  Sandbox and :

- when both planets are coplanar or almost coplanar at the time of transfer window, the mod is accurate.

- when both planets aren't coplanar at the time of transfer window, the mod is completly inaccurate. (for ex asking for 6200 deltaV for the ejection burn when only 3650 is required)

It looks like it doesn't manage inclinations and plans correctly. (ref data are Nasa data or manual ingame transfer adjustments : almost same results)

In the end it's still useful but don't believe too much in its results.

Edited by xebx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/7/2021 at 1:55 AM, Rylant said:

Is this calculating correctly? I am noticing several of my windows are off quite significantly. It is quite possible I am missing something is the settings however. 

Rylant

You have to be very  precise with outr orbits. I tested it with a transfer to Moho,  with a theoretical departure orbit of 100 km , but since my ship was at a slightly different orbit (102-97 Km), the parameters for the burn were quite off.

I wish somebody updated this mod to make it possible to introduce exact orbits of your vessels, instead of just using ecuatorial circular orbits. 

8 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

A small suggestion, I'd like to see gravity assists implemented in some way, since I don't think there are any mods that let you plan gravity assists.

You seen this?

Edited by stk2008

6 hours ago, alberro+ said:

A small suggestion, I'd like to see gravity assists implemented in some way, since I don't think there are any mods that let you plan gravity assists.

Hi ! Maybe you refer to slingshot. I found this young old thread :

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.