[1.12.x] Transfer Window Planner v1.8.0.0 (April 11)

TriggerAu

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, SingABrightSong said:

Will this be updated for 1.12? :wink:

If you look at the 1.12 release notes, you'll notice that Trigger Au has finally been allowed to incorporate this into the stock game. It looks like it does even more than it did in the mod form.

52 minutes ago, Sesshaku said:

Hi, I wanted to use it with RSS RO Principia. But for some reason the Moon is the only object that doesn't appear on the list. Any ideas how to fix that?

As I recall, Transfer Window Planner only does interplanetary transfers, I don't think it's possible to do moon transfers.

@TriggerAu - first off, congrats and thanks for all the hard work! Great to see this and KAC in stock, I'm so excited!

A question - where should we be reporting bugs in the stock Transfer Planner if it's something that only impacts a modded install? Specifically when it plots a node for intercept, it puts it in the default orbital plane. If using Kopernicus to change the orbital plane of bodies in the stock system, then this results in a failure to intercept.

11 hours ago, panarchist said:

@TriggerAu - first off, congrats and thanks for all the hard work! Great to see this and KAC in stock, I'm so excited!

A question - where should we be reporting bugs in the stock Transfer Planner if it's something that only impacts a modded install? Specifically when it plots a node for intercept, it puts it in the default orbital plane. If using Kopernicus to change the orbital plane of bodies in the stock system, then this results in a failure to intercept.

Straight in the bug tracker for sure @panarchist 

12 hours ago, panarchist said:

I'm not currently able to repro what I saw - if/when I can and have a proper screenshot, I'll get it into the bug tracker and message you with the ID. Thanks.

Thanks, much appreicated

• 1 month later...

Hi @TriggerAu,

Thank you for this mod and KAC as well. I am using them since I started playing this game. Just noticed possible bug KAC/TransferPlanner, dont know which of these two is culprit. Before when I used TransferPlanner there was a button to send the calculations straight to KAC. Now that button is gone and when I go to settings menu in TP and look under KAC Integration I get message that KAC is not visible in the scene while clearly it is. I get the same error when I am in space centre, tracking station or in orbit.

Any idea?

57 minutes ago, seaces said:

Hi @TriggerAu,

Thank you for this mod and KAC as well. I am using them since I started playing this game. Just noticed possible bug KAC/TransferPlanner, dont know which of these two is culprit. Before when I used TransferPlanner there was a button to send the calculations straight to KAC. Now that button is gone and when I go to settings menu in TP and look under KAC Integration I get message that KAC is not visible in the scene while clearly it is. I get the same error when I am in space centre, tracking station or in orbit.

Any idea?

No idea, but I'm having the same issue

On 8/7/2021 at 2:59 PM, seaces said:

Hi @TriggerAu,

Any idea?

What KSP version?

5 hours ago, seaces said:

Latest, which if I am correct is 1.12.2.

Well there's your problem lol. So neither mod is updated for the current patch, what's more TriggerAu has evolved beyond a mere mortal modder and is now a fully endowed member of the KSP development team and with the rest of the team has integrated the base features of his two wonderful mods into the game as of v1.12, so some might argue that these mods are no longer needed. However there are some bells and whistles the mods have that the new game features lack, and if I'm interpreting his posts correctly he has stated he intends to revisit these mods and furnish us with an update, when that may happen we do not know. Until then you will have to make do with the stock functionality (which I'm fairly certain can do exactly what you want) or keep trying to use these outdated versions, but bugs like the one you seem to be experiencing are likely and you are unlikely to get any kind of support.

Hope this helps explain the situation, the stock features work pretty good, also you could check out the Astrogator mod as it does some similar stuff.

2 minutes ago, Akira_R said:

Well there's your problem lol. So neither mod is updated for the current patch, what's more TriggerAu has evolved beyond a mere mortal modder and is now a fully endowed member of the KSP development team and with the rest of the team has integrated the base features of his two wonderful mods into the game as of v1.12, so some might argue that these mods are no longer needed. However there are some bells and whistles the mods have that the new game features lack, and if I'm interpreting his posts correctly he has stated he intends to revisit these mods and furnish us with an update, when that may happen we do not know. Until then you will have to make do with the stock functionality (which I'm fairly certain can do exactly what you want) or keep trying to use these outdated versions, but bugs like the one you seem to be experiencing are likely and you are unlikely to get any kind of support.

Hope this helps explain the situation, the stock features work pretty good, also you could check out the Astrogator mod as it does some similar stuff.

I was in the middle of typing a reply when I noticed that you ninja'd me. I'm using astrogator, which works find for me in 1.12.2. The new stock maneuver planner, however... well, maybe it will get better, but for now it almost never does what I want. More often than not, it just refuses to do anything, complaining that I'm not in a good enough starting orbit or some such. Heck, one thing I use astrogator for is timimg when to plan a mission that isn't yet launched at all. And when the stock feature does give me something, it often is for literally years in the future instead of the launch window I know is opening soon. I've gotten so that I don't even bother to try it; maybe after another patch or two.

9 minutes ago, rmaine said:

I was in the middle of typing a reply when I noticed that you ninja'd me. I'm using astrogator, which works find for me in 1.12.2. The new stock maneuver planner, however... well, maybe it will get better, but for now it almost never does what I want. More often than not, it just refuses to do anything, complaining that I'm not in a good enough starting orbit or some such. Heck, one thing I use astrogator for is timimg when to plan a mission that isn't yet launched at all. And when the stock feature does give me something, it often is for literally years in the future instead of the launch window I know is opening soon. I've gotten so that I don't even bother to try it; maybe after another patch or two.

Yeah I feel the same way, it's unfortunate but it's what we got. I especially miss the porkchop plots and the ability to choose what I consider is a good transfer, maybe I'm not overly concerned about dV requirements and want to find a super fast transfer, maybe I just want to see what is available in the next 30 days, is that too much to ask??? lol, ah well, I've been making do with what we have for now, but yeah hopefully the stock features get fleshed out more, or maybe that is what TriggerAu has planned for these mods, to integrate the more advanced functionality they provided into the base game tools. Hopefully we'll see some progress on these sooner than later, but for now I'm trying to not let it hold me back lol.

40 minutes ago, rmaine said:

I've gotten so that I don't even bother to try it; maybe after another patch or two.

IMHO, the maneuver node planner in 1.12 is simply not a version of TWP.  TWP is brilliant and incredibly useful, and the thing in 1.12 is quite literally useless to me. The only patching they could do to make 1.12's feature replace TWP would be to actually include TWP - which was the hype pre 1.12 release, but it definitely did not pan out like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, flart said:

Until there will be official update (if any) I recompiled for the ksp 1.12 and add Stock Alarm Clock App support:

Literally the day I needed it, thank you! I was wondering how to survive my new game without a porkchop plot :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.