[1.12.x] Transfer Window Planner v1.8.0.0 (April 11)

TriggerAu

Hold tight, a rfix is coming soonish for the input lock (thanks heaps for the info Renegrade) - just working one last thing. I'll also be moving stuff in the zip to help the CKAN guys out, and submitting a proper pull request to get it in CKAn proper and a few other things

I wish I could give you more rep for this (but I can't as I just rep +'d you yesterday)...MOAR REP is DESERVED by TriggerAu!!!! Rep him guys, REP HIS AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!

v1.2.1.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

In the bad news section the "creating a maneuevr node" challenge is slowly driving me mad. So I have parked it due to the backlog of other things. Once I get the other three mods up to scratch I'll come back to it, but there are some long running things that need doing first

Heres the full list

• Reworked the storage of input values to remove issues (Issue #25)
  • Redid Input Locks to resolve interface lockups (Issue #27)
  • Added Calendar options so RSS can show Earth Dates for things
  • Added Fly-By checkbox
  • Restructured Zip File
  • Made ToolbarIcon relative (Issue #28)
  • Bunch of other small stuff
  • Built and included KSPDateTime Library (Issue #24)

You're my hero, seriously :)

I think you could aim higher :P

Much appreciated. I have been wondering what was causing this lock. :D

Technically due to a change in the editor code I didn't see in my testing and this mod was missing a line thats in my other mods - my bad really

Do note that you can always turn off the locking behaviour in the settings in all my mods

Why does it always tell me

Kac is not showing. This will not work when ksc unless kac is showing.

I have kac open, closed, in toolbar, not in toolbar in alternate view in top left. Every option I can think of. I still can not get kac integration.

Worked in.25 but not .9

Why does it always tell me

Kac is not showing. This will not work when ksc unless kac is showing.

I have kac open, closed, in toolbar, not in toolbar in alternate view in top left. Every option I can think of. I still can not get kac integration.

Worked in.25 but not .9

I've tested this before and rechecked here and it seems OK for me. I have KAC 3.1.0.0 and TWP v 1.2.2.0 and they both work individually in flight and KSC as well as TWP being able to add KAC alarms in both scenes.

Can you let me know what versions of the mods you are using, what version of KSP 9ie x64 win, etc) and perhaps provide a log and some steps for what you are experiencing?

Very cool!

I've tested this before and rechecked here and it seems OK for me. I have KAC 3.1.0.0 and TWP v 1.2.2.0 and they both work individually in flight and KSC as well as TWP being able to add KAC alarms in both scenes.

Can you let me know what versions of the mods you are using, what version of KSP 9ie x64 win, etc) and perhaps provide a log and some steps for what you are experiencing?

Most recent of all.

Click rainbow button. Settings. Alarm clock integration.

Then gives me that msg.

I don't know how to show a log.

Just found where to check version. However I just updated a few days ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I just downloaded from kerbalstuff.

- - - Updated - - -

http://imgur.com/a/m8qBf#0

Most recent of all.

Click rainbow button. Settings. Alarm clock integration.

Then gives me that msg.

I don't know how to show a log.

Just found where to check version. However I just updated a few days ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I just downloaded from kerbalstuff.

- - - Updated - - -

http://imgur.com/a/m8qBf#0

K that is super weird. The only thing I can think of is perhaps there are two copies of the dll in gamedata somewhere. If you can pastebin or similar your log file then we should be able to see if that's the issue. Also you can get the properties of the dll and it should show you the version of the dll (which is what the mod reads to display in game)

Here's some info on finding the log - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support

Hopefully we can nail it down!

I removed trigger tech all together. Got them both again. New pic up.

I don't know which I got kac from but got transfer from curse this time. Still shows older version.

- - - Updated - - -

I probably got kac from curse

- - - Updated - - -

If you can pastebin or similar your log file then we should be able to see if that's the issue. Also you can get the properties of the dll and it should show you the version of the dll (which is what the mod reads to display in game)

Upload log to pastebin.

The Log

You should upload the entire log as a file (i.e. not to pastebin)

Upload log file.

Which one.

• KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)

This one.

NOTE: These logs are not the same as KSP.log, which lacks valuable data. Do not upload KSP.log; do upload output_log.txt / Player.log

but wait. Do not upload log file.

So what do you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey TriggerAu. :)

Subject line still says v1.1.3.0 and the first post says 1.2.1.0, when the download is now 1.2.2.0. :)

Jacke's right

http://imgur.com/a/m8qBf#3

- - - Updated - - -

Something I noticed on curse site.

When you click download link at top it gave me what was in pic. See the dates on when files were modified.

but if you go farther in the folders it's telling me i'm getting the 26th.

So why would it show the 20th in pc.

Sorry for the version confusion. I missed a few of the opening posts when I updated mods this time round - too much testing and not enough coding :P

For the log file I'm OK with a pastebin upload, but you could use google Drive. Dropbox, or any file sharing site. output_log.txt is the one you are after - ksp.log is a summary file and doesnt have all the info.

once youve got the log file somewhere feel free to put a link in here, or PM me the link

One texture is missing:

1/1/2015 8:01:22 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Cannot find texture to load:C:/Kerbal Space Program 90 x86/GameData/TriggerTech/TransferWindowPlanner/Textures/img_buttonCalendar.png

One texture is missing:

1/1/2015 8:01:22 PM,TransferWindowPlanner,Cannot find texture to load:C:/Kerbal Space Program 90 x86/GameData/TriggerTech/TransferWindowPlanner/Textures/img_buttonCalendar.png

Woops. Thanks Kolago, I'll get that file in the next release ASAP

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings! Thanks for a fantastic mod, makes KSP life so much easier. Sorry my first post is a bug report :)

I seem to have an issue with the "No insertion burn" button screwing up the calculation of a Kerbin->Eve transfer window.

Starting at year 2, day 30 (KSP calendar), the default 100km -> 100km orbit setting gives a departure date of year 3, day 400, and phase angle 318 degrees. This is consistent with http://alexmoon.github.io/ksp/ (year 3, day 399, -42 degrees).

With "No insertion burn" set, TWP gives year 2, day 30 (i.e. today), phase angle 257 degrees, and the pork-chop plot looks completely different. Alex Moon gives the same as before (Year 3, day 399, -42 degrees).

Needless to say, 257 degrees is not a good phase angle for departure to Eve.

I'm using TWP 1.2.3.0, integrated with KAC 3.1.2.0. I understand the "No insertion burn" feature is a recent addition. Hope the fix is simple!

Oooooo pretty. I assume that's just the best dV at any given date, not taking into account time to destination?

Spot on, should mean I can generate model data for KAC for RSS, and stock for future launch window alarms - with a lot of time

Greetings! Thanks for a fantastic mod, makes KSP life so much easier. Sorry my first post is a bug report :)

I seem to have an issue with the "No insertion burn" button screwing up the calculation of a Kerbin->Eve transfer window.

Starting at year 2, day 30 (KSP calendar), the default 100km -> 100km orbit setting gives a departure date of year 3, day 400, and phase angle 318 degrees. This is consistent with http://alexmoon.github.io/ksp/ (year 3, day 399, -42 degrees).

With "No insertion burn" set, TWP gives year 2, day 30 (i.e. today), phase angle 257 degrees, and the pork-chop plot looks completely different. Alex Moon gives the same as before (Year 3, day 399, -42 degrees).

Needless to say, 257 degrees is not a good phase angle for departure to Eve.

I'm using TWP 1.2.3.0, integrated with KAC 3.1.2.0. I understand the "No insertion burn" feature is a recent addition. Hope the fix is simple!

Well that certainly sounds like a bug to me. I'll ad itto the issue list and look at it in the next few days (git some stuff on in real life)

Question:

Is it possible to add a function that allows you to calculate optimal transfer windows for gravity assists between the origin and the destination(Like a gravity assist passed Jool when going from Kerbin to Elloo )?

I've toyed with the idea of multiple hops a few time, but the math is a little beyond my skill and the time I can commit right now is getting shorter as testing will start again at some point. Arrowstar has an excellent tool for planning more complex stuff like whole paths and grav assists, maybe this will work in the meantime - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/36476-WIN-MAC-KSP-Trajectory-Optimization-Tool

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, welcome :) and dont stress about your first post being a bug report, its all good... as long as you have many more posts, questions and fun after that :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

So I replaced the 'copy to clipboard' button code with this:

var transfer = mbTWP.windowMain.TransferSelected;
var node = FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.patchedConicSolver.AddManeuverNode(transfer.DepartureTime);
node.OnGizmoUpdated(new Vector3d(0, transfer.EjectionDVNormal, transfer.EjectionDVPrograde), transfer.DepartureTime);

And now I have one-click node creation that just requires some simple UT +/- adjustment via precisenode. It would be nice if you could add this to the mod officially, it simplifies the entire process greatly.

So I replaced the 'copy to clipboard' button code with this:

var transfer = mbTWP.windowMain.TransferSelected;
var node = FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.patchedConicSolver.AddManeuverNode(transfer.DepartureTime);
node.OnGizmoUpdated(new Vector3d(0, transfer.EjectionDVNormal, transfer.EjectionDVPrograde), transfer.DepartureTime);

And now I have one-click node creation that just requires some simple UT +/- adjustment via precisenode. It would be nice if you could add this to the mod officially, it simplifies the entire process greatly.

Is that with a circular equatorial orbit for the active vessel?

What I do with the numbers I get? I cannot find info anywhere

The numbers identify the parmeters of the Manoeuvre node you need to set up. There is a mod called precise node that you can use to fiddle them more specifically, but TBH the output is more to give you a reasonable estimate of when and how to burn, and what to bring along - currently that is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.