[1.8.x]GN Drive from Mobile Suit Gundam 00

flywlyx

9 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

Particles are temporarily gone until there is a fix done. 

2 Drives on one vessel are fine. Doesn't work with 3 +

Yes 1.6 compatible.

So the engines don't work in 1.5.1? Since they have no fuel then because that is what seems to happen

I have been using GNdrive since it came out, until the particles got messed up, I have never had an issue... always worked as intended, except for the toggle Hover which as been fixed.

So I am sorry it isn't working for you, but I don't know what to tell you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, @flywlyx, I think I've discovered a bug caused by this mod.

After switching to advanced view the various tabs (i.e. cross sections, etc.) stop working - that is, they do not switch between the various categories of parts as they did before, and functionality is not restored until the save is reloaded (I think).

I discovered this after extensive testing and narrowed down the list of possible causes to this mod.

Update: nevermind, I can't figure out what it is

Edited by Vectorv12

2 hours ago, Vectorv12 said:

After switching to advanced view the various tabs (i.e. cross sections, etc.) stop working - that is, they do not switch between the various categories of parts as they did before, and functionality is not restored until the save is reloaded (I think).

That's the bulkhead profiles bug. Parts missing this key ( bulkheadProfiles = x ) are the trigger. KSP now gets miserable when it doesn't know what to sort such a part into.

@Vectorv12 well you'll have to open each part config and look at their name = value. Also look at the log console in the debug window (press Alt+F12) while in the VAB/SPH. Whenever you pick a part from the part select, attach to your ship, or delete from your ship, its name value will appear in the log. (Note that some characters like underscore are converted into periods in-game.)

When you're focused on a given part, note the size that it fits onto (for a stack) or not at all, or both. If it doesn't have a bulkheadProfiles = x already, add this, and give it the appropriate value(s), comma separated, no quotes. Valid values are srf, size1, size2 (respectively for surface-attach, 1.25m, 2.5m).

Once you've done all that, save your changes to the config files and restart KSP.

On 1/23/2019 at 8:02 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

That's the bulkhead profiles bug. Parts missing this key ( bulkheadProfiles = x ) are the trigger. KSP now gets miserable when it doesn't know what to sort such a part into.

Thanks, I will update GNdrive.

• 4 months later...

Will there be an update to this for the new version of KSP? I recently updated and started over because I was tired of waiting for ksp to load because of all the mods I had. However this is my favorite mod and I wanted to use it again because I kind of rely on those engines to make my crazier builds work, I miss it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing it's an oversight, the source code was included in the download way back when. For what it's worth, the DLL as it is right now doesn't appear to be malicious (it never was, as far as I know; been using this since 0.25). The worst that could have been said about the source code was that it was a bit sloppy, and that's not really a problem.

OP has a Github repo for this, but it appears to be pretty out of date: https://github.com/flywlyx/GN-drive

Hopefully the source code gets re-added and updated, policy is policy.

Edited by King Arthur

@flywlyx

We're sorry, but we've had to remove the download links from your post due to the source code not being available, and no license present in the download file.

Please feel free to restore your link after the above issues have been taken care of.

Thank you for your understanding.

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2019 at 9:12 AM, Geonovast said:

@flywlyx

We're sorry, but we've had to remove the download links from your post due to the source code not being available, and no license present in the download file.

Please feel free to restore your link after the above issues have been taken care of.

Thank you for your understanding.

GIthub is included.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@flywlyx

will you be adding other versions of the engines?
all the master grade model kits seem to have slightly different looks compared with each other, i.e. Dynames has a stubbier GN drive compared to the twin drive Gundam

will you be adding sounds?
are the visual effects going to be enhanced in any way?

love the work you've done, these are awesome, stupid fun, and mostly why I watched Gundam 00 in the first place

hyped to see where you take this mod and any other mods you make in the future!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.