[1.8.x]GN Drive from Mobile Suit Gundam 00

flywlyx

bUGVfos.jpg?1

GN drive is a powerful energy system within Mobile Suit Gundam 00 designed to give a mobile suit a significant advantage in combat.

This Mod provide 3 system to imitate the function of them.

1, Engine

All 3 varieties could work like an engine, provide acceleration(Based on Max Overload) towards forward direction of control part (regardless of installed position).

2, Advanced speed control

All drives could provide 3 axis velocity control(Based on Max Overload).

3,GN particle generator

GN drive could generate GN particle at no cost.

While GN drive-Tau and GN Condenser need some ElectricCharge to activate the generator.

uQm0ENr.png?1

GN drive

Consider as the most powerful production of Celestial Being.

Even it is asexpensive as a Duna station, it worth a try.

SsMsMBc.png?1

GN drive-Tau

Tau engine can not generate GNparticle itself, it has to convert ElectricCharge to GNparticle, so far, the rate is 1:1 and generate speed is 800 unit/s.

And if Tau engine "GNpartical depleted", it will stay this status until GNparticle refill.

K3PCiDN.png?1

GN Condenser Drive

Condenser drive is a non-perpetual interplanetary drive at early stage .

It couldn't generate GNpartical and its fuel efficiency is lower than other drives.

lUQOScC.png?1

GN Condenser Frame

Condenser Frame is the solution for Early stage infinite fuel. It holds a limit amount particle and could generate 180 unit particle at the cost of 200 ElectricCharge

Spoiler

Go7p043.gif

GN Sword, nothing but a laser saber. Test version/

All equipment are more expensive than rocket if only consider their transportation ability, but they could be more efficient if you could recycle them.

Bug reports and suggestions are welcomed.

Download:SpaceDock

Source :Github

This work is licensed under: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Edited by flywlyx
Source code not provided

Finally someone made an actual model for it, I have been using some kind of GN Drive (that I named KN Drive for kerbal sake) as an engine that consumes Baryonic Decay instead of generating it. I haven't made any mod(and plugin) about it because I use models from various mods together so it would be impossible for me to share because of licencing stuff. In my game it's a cheaty engine for fun.

I'm glad however that someone made a plugin. I will download this and try it out!

ok

when i put 2 Gndrive on a ship and activate antigravity i take off really fast.... and with one engine i just hoover nicely:wink:

Yeah, based on anti-grav mechanism, this will happen. Next version I will make them conflict with each other.

Consume rate and GNparticle generate rate can be modified by CFG

So does this add a new resource to the game? Can you explain the fuel system a bit more? You make it sound as if you don't need any fuel and it just generates its own power. If so isn't that kind of OP?

If so isn't that kind of OP?

Anything that involves gundams is going to be OP by default :D

Spoiler: this is the core that makes the magical impractical robots more OP than normal impractical robots(in 00, initially anyways). It works on sufficiently advanced technology:wink:

We are still working on this:cool: But you must know that, it took Celestial Being 200 years to get twin GN drive working.

In the meantime, where is the red version that gives those too close space cancer?

Oh- I found a bug. It only provides force in the direction that is 'front' when you launch your vessel. If I place three probe cores facing different directions, it doesn't provide a force for all three cores- just whichever one is facing 'front'.

Shouldn't the drive provide a general acceleration whichever direction the nav-ball regesters as 'front'?

So does this add a new resource to the game? Can you explain the fuel system a bit more? You make it sound as if you don't need any fuel and it just generates its own power. If so isn't that kind of OP?

Yeah, it is far more than OP, it is considered as a semi-perpetual generator. Next version I will add a little punishment of particle deplete.

technically the gundams couldn't make it into orbit on their own. So maybe a dual mode engine? Normal mode consumes less GN (KN?) particles than it generates but is relatively weak. OP for a purely maneuvering engine, but won't punch anything worthy into orbit, and of course is a perpetual motion engine. Second mode is Trans Am that can only be activated once a critical mass of GN particles has been accumulated and depletes the stored particles fairly fast.

I'm thinking something like a RAPIER engine that uses normal mode to achieve high altitude flight than Trans Am to escape the atmosphere.

technically the gundams couldn't make it into orbit on their own. So maybe a dual mode engine? Normal mode consumes less GN (KN?) particles than it generates but is relatively weak. OP for a purely maneuvering engine, but won't punch anything worthy into orbit, and of course is a perpetual motion engine. Second mode is Trans Am that can only be activated once a critical mass of GN particles has been accumulated and depletes the stored particles fairly fast.

I'm thinking something like a RAPIER engine that uses normal mode to achieve high altitude flight than Trans Am to escape the atmosphere.

To be honest, this is what I am confusing. Exia could fly for hours but can not get into orbit? I mean, I dont think Exia could provide any aerodynamic lift, so GN drive should be able to provide enough lift to send anything(Exia is weighted 58 tons) out of Atmospher.

Tran-Am is next step, I am planing a fourfold consume rate and triple speed.

To be honest, this is what I am confusing. Exia could fly for hours but can not get into orbit? I mean, I dont think Exia could provide any aerodynamic lift, so GN drive should be able to provide enough lift to send anything(Exia is weighted 58 tons) out of Atmospher.

Tran-Am is next step, I am planing a fourfold consume rate and triple speed.

if he can hover indefinitely, he can go to space

sometimes, gundam-world physics are bugged, you know... tho the japs are good at almost everything, cartoonists arent physicists regardless

to deal with this, and still retain its gundam-y taste

i suggest you make the in atomsphere GN particle generation very slow while the usage is made higher, let's say. barely not enough to get into space. (and this makes sense if you consider minovsky particle weapons arent working well in atmosphere too, you know, they based this minovsky (UC) or this GN cowpoop on alpha particles which has very short half-life if it's not in a vacuum)

(edited)

checked the gundam wiki...

well i was wrong, minovsky and GN arent something like alpha, and are both uncharged and are stable...>.<

Edited by lammatt

if he can hover indefinitely, he can go to space

sometimes, gundam-world physics are bugged, you know... tho the japs are good at almost everything, cartoonists arent physicists regardless

to deal with this, and still retain its gundam-y taste

i suggest you make the in atomsphere GN particle generation very slow while the usage is made higher, let's say. barely not enough to get into space. (and this makes sense if you consider minovsky particle weapons arent working well in atmosphere too, you know, they based this minovsky (UC) or this GN cowpoop on alpha particles which has very short half-life if it's not in a vacuum)

(edited)

checked the gundam wiki...

well i was wrong, minovsky and GN arent something like alpha, and are both uncharged and are stable...>.<

Could 00 gundam get to space?

They can't because asians have been mind washed to believe that you must achieve a certain velocity to go into space and another velocity to leave the Earth's sphere of influence, wherever the boundary might be. And I'm guessing the reasoning here is that Gundams aren't aerodynamic enough to go hypersonic.

From what we have learned in the first season (because s2 is a bunch of incoherent unicorn dump), the GN drive is reactionless and works by manipulating gravity, that's why it has no thrust and its pilots are unaffected by the tremendous manoeuvrability. We don't know the exact power output of these things because they can also work off capacitors but we can safely assume that they can maintain flight indefinitely, so >=9.8m/s for any duration. That is more than enough to go in orbit from the surface, without even pushing up the throttle, and definitely no need for "Trans-AM".

Could 00 gundam get to space?

Another reason it's a bunch of incoherent unicorn poo-poo. Something else might be, how the hell do you square your power output? If you measure your power in kW the result will be 1,000,000 times larger than if you measure your power in watts. And how about the fact that the 00 Gundam doesn't seem to have ANY performance advantage over other single drive or even fake drive MS after the second episode?

Edited by chengong

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.