[1.8.x]GN Drive from Mobile Suit Gundam 00

flywlyx

You could create a GN Beam rifle by using BD Armory, using GN Particles instead of Ammo, and using a custom texture for bullets. A Shield Generator is harder, though... Don't really know if there are any mods that even add anything reminiscent of Shield Generators. The only thing that's close that comes to my mind is USI Warp Drive, with it's Warp Bubble that destroys anything it touches, even if it's the same craft, but I dunno how hard would it be to detach the bubble code from the warp code.

Edited by DestinyPlayer

Ive searching for a mod like this but it seems im too late because its 1.0 already. First and foremost, can this update?

Here are my thoughts (didnt read everything from thread). There should be 2 types of GN Particles, the ones generated by the Original Drives and ones by thr Tau Drives, Genuine GN Particles (Blue) and Tau GN Particles (Red) respectively. There should also be a required part for there to be a twin drive system. There should be 2 GN drives types specifically for the Twin Drive System, the Drive 1 and Drive 2 (0 and Exia line Drives respectively).

The real /1/ GN drives should always be first on the tree line (story wise to Gundam 00), /2/ then the GN Condensers with GN Particle-fed propulsion systems, /3/ then the Tau Drive with its Generator and also with Improved Condensers (with GN Particle-fed thrusters) and a Tau Condenser type with same function, /4/ and Improved GN Drives (ability to activate Trans-Am) for both types at the same time as the Twin Drive System (also Trans-Am Burst) also for both types.

1 The first GN Drives should be both Generators and ones that can propel, easy peasy but are not efficient enough to keep half thrust without losing Particle Storage. In lower values of thrust it can still charge while it is on. That was how the Gundams before the 4 main Gundams from S1 were using their GN Drives.

2 The First Condensers are supposed to act as batteries because the GN Drives at that time were not as efficient yet, and that is why the 4 Gundams from S1 each had one in their Torso. And since the condensers at that time were not as good later, Celestial Being put GN Particle-fed thrusters over the Gundams (easily seen in Dynames and Virtue) and especially large ones on the Ptolomaios/Ptolemy 1 and 2 (the large GN Propulsion System at their Rear Ends).

3 For the Tau Drive it should ONLY be a GN Thruster with only 80% more efficiency as the GN Thrusters but must use its own particles. So hence the need for the Generator which is dedicated for the creation of Tau GN Particles. Also, it should be WAY cheaper than a Real Drive and should have a Tau Condenser that acts as both a storage unit and a propulsion system. Real GN Particle Condensers should also have the same function as the Tau type but can only store and use real particles like how the Tau type can only story and use Tau Particles.

4 By this time in the story (G00 S2) The GN Drives have become far more efficient than the Original ones and Tau ones (in the Anime they may be the same but for it to be easier to mod in there should be improved GN Drives and an extra function, Trans-Am). Both types are always the same when it comes to Thrust and Efficiency in using GN Particles, so both should use Particles 5% slower with a power output 80% higher. Tau drives+generators are cheaper but the real ones are SO COSTLY. The Twin Drive System should have 2 different drives and a part that makes using them to be available. Also, at this point in thr series EVERYTHING had Trans-Am so it would be best it could activate, glow red, and emmit particles 3x faster but accelerated consumption in Particles.

Also, the player should specifically tune the computer part for the Twin drive system according to the weight of the craft or else it wont work.

THIS IS ALL ACCURATE INFO FROM THE SERIES. IM A LONG FAN SO YOU CAN TRUST MT OPINION AND INFO. Also, the GN Field is cool but Id prefer you make this later after the things i wrote above tnx

While the second generation gundams from Season 2 didn't have the large central condenser in the chest, the smaller ones in the frames are still quite visible. This is most obvious on the 00 gundam, but the others have them as well, most prominently as part of the Elbow joints.....

IIRC the reason was they improved the condensers in the 4 year gap so they could compress the particles far more than the early generation models, thus the elimation of the large Central condenser.....

Anyone tried to figure out how to get this to provide acceleration info fit MechJeb or kerbal engineer?

I don't really know how hard is it... GN Drives get their thrust accordingly to the size of the craft, while the fuel consumption stays the same. But from what I can tell - just do whatever you want to do. Unless you want to go to an orbit using a Condenser, you'll be allright.

I don't really know how hard is it... GN Drives get their thrust accordingly to the size of the craft, while the fuel consumption stays the same. But from what I can tell - just do whatever you want to do. Unless you want to go to an orbit using a Condenser, you'll be allright.

It's driving me nuts cause I sometimes use MechJeb to run the nodes I make, but since MechJeb doesn't see how much acceleration it has, it ends up trying to run the node immediately. I think I'll likely stop using this mod until that can be fixed, which is sad cause this is an amazing mod.

It's driving me nuts cause I sometimes use MechJeb to run the nodes I make, but since MechJeb doesn't see how much acceleration it has, it ends up trying to run the node immediately. I think I'll likely stop using this mod until that can be fixed, which is sad cause this is an amazing mod.

That's really weird. For me, the only problem MechJeb is having is circulization, and even then it's just the ascend autopilot circulization.

• 2 weeks later...

First: Aerodynamics still work with the drives, unless you turn off gravity with them.

Second: If you don't turn off gravity - just fly as you would've flown a normal plane/spacecraft, just also use the RCS controls to be able to produce thrust in whatever direction you need.

Third: If you turn off gravity - always use the RCS controls, they're very useful for that.

Fourth: You can increase the thrust of a GN drive, just look at the Right Click menu of it.

Fifth: You can increase the thrust of a GN drive even further by using the Trans-am option, but it'll eat up GN Particles like nobody's busyness.

• 10 months later...
On 2015/5/24 at 4:55 PM, DestinyPlayer said:

You could create a GN Beam rifle by using BD Armory, using GN Particles instead of Ammo, and using a custom texture for bullets. A Shield Generator is harder, though... Don't really know if there are any mods that even add anything reminiscent of Shield Generators. The only thing that's close that comes to my mind is USI Warp Drive, with it's Warp Bubble that destroys anything it touches, even if it's the same craft, but I dunno how hard would it be to detach the bubble code from the warp code.

4VYPGr7.gif

I got a Shield in 1.05, just waiting for BDA update and check if it will keep working:cool:

Before I start off, let me preface my commentary by saying that I love the idea of the mod, and the model work that you've put into it.

That being said, I think that there are some inaccuracies that, if addressed, could make it both more versatile and more fun.  The first of these is that the cone is not the drive.  Throughout the series, we see cones without drives (including on the Ptolemy itself), and drives without cones (the Nadleeh and Seraphim).  The best look we get at a naked drive is when Tieria ejects his drive at the end of season 1, providing us with this screenshot.

Second is the question of anything other than a True GN Drive or GN Drive Tau producing particles.  This is going against what's seen in the series.  Condensers are just that - a storage medium for particles produced by one of the two types of drive.  One of the two types of drive must be present for a ship / suit to have a functional life longer than the storage capacity of its condensers.

Considering the above, it would feel more like the products shown in the series (for me) if the system consisted of a cylindrical 'frame' part providing particle storage, hollow like the Structural Fuselage, with stack nodes at its front, rear, and center.  Both types of Drive, along with a high-density condenser, would have only a center stack node (facing opposite that in the center of the hollow frame), looking like the above screenshot.  The various cones and condenser parts shown in the first post would all connect to the bottom node of the frame, none of them capable of producing GN Particles on their own, but the first three serving as the 'engine' to make use of the particles generated by the now-covered part.  Expanding out to a 2.5m shape would be a different frame with much thicker walls (and, by extension, much higher particle storage capacity.)

I'm sorry if this comes off as nitpicking.  On a side-note, I remember trying this mod out in its early stages and finding a lack of sound.  If you'd like, I could hunt through the episodes in search of a soundbyte of the engines firing without music playing behind it.

On 2016/4/22 at 1:55 PM, Aetharan said:

Before I start off, let me preface my commentary by saying that I love the idea of the mod, and the model work that you've put into it.

That being said, I think that there are some inaccuracies that, if addressed, could make it both more versatile and more fun.  The first of these is that the cone is not the drive.  Throughout the series, we see cones without drives (including on the Ptolemy itself), and drives without cones (the Nadleeh and Seraphim).  The best look we get at a naked drive is when Tieria ejects his drive at the end of season 1, providing us with this screenshot.

Second is the question of anything other than a True GN Drive or GN Drive Tau producing particles.  This is going against what's seen in the series.  Condensers are just that - a storage medium for particles produced by one of the two types of drive.  One of the two types of drive must be present for a ship / suit to have a functional life longer than the storage capacity of its condensers.

Considering the above, it would feel more like the products shown in the series (for me) if the system consisted of a cylindrical 'frame' part providing particle storage, hollow like the Structural Fuselage, with stack nodes at its front, rear, and center.  Both types of Drive, along with a high-density condenser, would have only a center stack node (facing opposite that in the center of the hollow frame), looking like the above screenshot.  The various cones and condenser parts shown in the first post would all connect to the bottom node of the frame, none of them capable of producing GN Particles on their own, but the first three serving as the 'engine' to make use of the particles generated by the now-covered part.  Expanding out to a 2.5m shape would be a different frame with much thicker walls (and, by extension, much higher particle storage capacity.)

I'm sorry if this comes off as nitpicking.  On a side-note, I remember trying this mod out in its early stages and finding a lack of sound.  If you'd like, I could hunt through the episodes in search of a soundbyte of the engines firing without music playing behind it.

Not at all, I am very happy that someone want to help me improve my MOD:D

Your description feels more like a beta drive to me.

YbSTNha.jpg

I will try to work something out after I finish the shield, thank you for your suggestion!

On 2016/4/28 at 0:51 AM, rafat abubreak said:

the mod you make to ksp 1.1 not working in game can you explane how to make it work and thnx :(

Could you specified your question? If it is your 1st time with GN MOD, I would suggest you start with GN drive, instal 1 on a small craft. Then you launch the vessel, right click the drive and press activate. Then it should start generate thrust. Change your throttle, and feed back any problem you have.

10 hours ago, GistSuperLarge said:

i hope i am doing wrong but it's not working on 1.1.2, might be some mods conflict, still trying :)

BTW i just test it on clean 1.1.2 which still not working

i was having these problem on ksp 1.1.0 some mods conflict the GN drive now its work fine on ksp 1.1.2 just use KSPModAdmin to install all the mods and fix the conflict step by step don't install all the new mods at once try the mod one by one  it was b9 aerospace 6.1.0 that make some mods not work well but after b9 updateto 6.1.1 it fix all conflict with other mods  try and tell me if its work :)

I don't use B9 Aerospace, and I'm having no difficulties using this mod. I also don't use any tools, really, to install my mods except for CKAN, and even then it's largely to nab the ones I know regularly update.

I don't really know what to say other than double check update versions and be sure you're using the KSP 1.0+ version of this mod.

13 hours ago, rafat abubreak said:

i was having these problem on ksp 1.1.0 some mods conflict the GN drive now its work fine on ksp 1.1.2 just use KSPModAdmin to install all the mods and fix the conflict step by step don't install all the new mods at once try the mod one by one  it was b9 aerospace 6.1.0 that make some mods not work well but after b9 updateto 6.1.1 it fix all conflict with other mods  try and tell me if its work :)

Still not working i have a plain ksp installed and only this mod added and it still not working neither on 64bit and 32bit. 

GistSuperLarge ok i am not expert on these staff but just want to help  remove the mod from game data folder the last version for these mode GNdriveV4.1 be sure its right version for ksp 1.1 setup lasted Firespitter and the plugin and install the mod again for me i just make a copy from ksp to test these mods before use them on my ksp  game try that and tell me if its work and good luck download it from here http://spacedock.info/mod/604/GN%20Drive?ga=%3CGame+3102+%27Kerbal+Space+Program%27%3E download fresh copy 

Edited by rafat abubreak

20 hours ago, rafat abubreak said:

GistSuperLarge ok i am not expert on these staff but just want to help  remove the mod from game data folder the last version for these mode GNdriveV4.1 be sure its right version for ksp 1.1 setup lasted Firespitter and the plugin and install the mod again for me i just make a copy from ksp to test these mods before use them on my ksp  game try that and tell me if its work and good luck download it from here http://spacedock.info/mod/604/GN%20Drive?ga=%3CGame+3102+%27Kerbal+Space+Program%27%3E download fresh copy 

22 hours ago, GistSuperLarge said:

Still not working i have a plain ksp installed and only this mod added and it still not working neither on 64bit and 32bit. 

Just upload an update on space dock and curse.

Hope I make it right this time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.