[1.8.x]GN Drive from Mobile Suit Gundam 00

flywlyx

Gundam Nucleus Drive

As for the drives them selves...it is anime...suspend your disbelief. That said It could be a suggestion that radial or inline GN Particle Capacitors (Batteries) also be part of this pack. You may also consider the GN Tau drive. The Tau version, while not a perpetual drive like the GN Drive, uses electricity to generate GN particles. So you could adapt that to larger ships or stations that have solar power or reactors. These could be larger drives since based on the lore, only 5 GN drives were originally made with another three being made after Celestial Being rediscovered how to make them.

Oh- I found a bug. It only provides force in the direction that is 'front' when you launch your vessel. If I place three probe cores facing different directions, it doesn't provide a force for all three cores- just whichever one is facing 'front'.

Shouldn't the drive provide a general acceleration whichever direction the nav-ball regesters as 'front'?

Is this an issue, or a feature? I really wanted this to be a feature, but if it is a bug... Eh.

BTW, I can't understand why the Gundams have to come to space by elevator as they can fly for hours with the TWR bigger than 1.

Basically it is an artificially imposed limit to give them a flaw or to propel the plot line forward. It is in the same vein of thought that the USS Enterprise from Next Gen could take one two warships of some race with out flinching one episode. Then the next time they encounter that race, a couple hits downs the shields and cripples the Enterprise. It is just an arbitrary method to advance the story, that is all.

Basically it is an artificially imposed limit to give them a flaw or to propel the plot line forward. It is in the same vein of thought that the USS Enterprise from Next Gen could take one two warships of some race with out flinching one episode. Then the next time they encounter that race, a couple hits downs the shields and cripples the Enterprise. It is just an arbitrary method to advance the story, that is all.

Come on, let's just admit that the anime director wasn't good at physics. LOL

Gundam Nucleus Drive

As for the drives them selves...it is anime...suspend your disbelief. That said It could be a suggestion that radial or inline GN Particle Capacitors (Batteries) also be part of this pack. You may also consider the GN Tau drive. The Tau version, while not a perpetual drive like the GN Drive, uses electricity to generate GN particles. So you could adapt that to larger ships or stations that have solar power or reactors. These could be larger drives since based on the lore, only 5 GN drives were originally made with another three being made after Celestial Being rediscovered how to make them.

Do you mean that we should limite the total number of GN drive in Kerbal universe and make Tau or Capacitors as reserve?

[More than two engines will result in Unsynchronized and all engine fail.]

Are you kidding me? Did you forget about Alvatore? It has SEVEN!!

BTW, I can't understand why the Gundams have to come to space by elevator as they can fly for hoursss with the TWR bigger than 1.

You are right, I make a damn mistake. Twin drive should provide squared GN particle generation rates. And GN drives doesn't have to form a TWIN drive system.

Thank you for your remind!

I don't know:sticktongue:I didn't consider that much. What is your opinion?

I think the bug should be fixed. I can understand why having two reality-distorting engines would not work on one vessel, but I also want to use these to make very easy hover-aircraft.

I think the bug should be fixed. I can understand why having two reality-distorting engines would not work on one vessel, but I also want to use these to make very easy hover-aircraft.

I was thinking that plane should have a design "front", and it should keep still to avoid any problem with thrust direction.

But your consideration is also resonable, the control force should following the reference transform(the Horizon indicator direction), which is easier to understand.

What about the thrust keep "vessel backword direction" and control force varies per reference transform? Which way is easier to control?

Do you mean that we should limite the total number of GN drive in Kerbal universe and make Tau or Capacitors as reserve?

I think making the GN drive a limited size option, so it is meant for 1.25m parts specifically. Then offer up GN Capacetors, a way to store GN particles for that speed boost and the Tau Drives for Larger (2.5m+) and smaller (0.625m) options.

The other path would be to offer the more...balanced Tau as the only option adding in a condition of it needing EC to run the part. The reason is, if your going with Lore, no one but Celestial Being would have the genuine GN Drive, so any drive the player uses would be the knockoff drive. But that is assuming your interested in adding that lore into the mod.

I was thinking that plane should have a design "front", and it should keep still to avoid any problem with thrust direction.

But your consideration is also resonable, the control force should following the reference transform(the Horizon indicator direction), which is easier to understand.

What about the thrust keep "vessel backword direction" and control force varies per reference transform? Which way is easier to control?

Keeping the control force following the reference transform should be easiest. That way, what ever way you are pointing on the nav-ball is the way you are going to go.

I think making the GN drive a limited size option, so it is meant for 1.25m parts specifically. Then offer up GN Capacetors, a way to store GN particles for that speed boost and the Tau Drives for Larger (2.5m+) and smaller (0.625m) options.

The other path would be to offer the more...balanced Tau as the only option adding in a condition of it needing EC to run the part. The reason is, if your going with Lore, no one but Celestial Being would have the genuine GN Drive, so any drive the player uses would be the knockoff drive. But that is assuming your interested in adding that lore into the mod.

I was thinking add a total number limit of GN drives, since GN drives should be 2.75m part, and Tau/Capacetors could be 1.25 or variable size controlled by PP MOD

Keeping the control force following the reference transform should be easiest. That way, what ever way you are pointing on the nav-ball is the way you are going to go.

Not a problem, now I am modifying the efficiency of Trans-AM, will update soon.

Edited by flywlyx

I like this Mod!

tried to make Gunship(GN Drive & BDArmory & B9 Aerospace...etc)

http://i.imgur.com/cwMctmgl.jpg

Does not need wings in anti-gravity system!

http://i.imgur.com/B7abSzJl.jpg

I want to change to a red body in Trans-Am mode. :D

Well, no idea how to do that:confused:I want it too

BTW, what is the green circle on for image? Laser effect?

• 2 weeks later...

Problem solved now, both engines follow reference transform, you are right, this is a better way to go.

Gundam Nucleus Drive

Now I noticed that, RTG generate ElectricCharge so slow...

Well, I will creat a Capacitor soon, but I think unless it has a great capability, it will be totally useless...

Gundam Nucleus Drive

What do you think, Capacitor should have some "engine" ability or just a butteries will be fine?

So just got your rather AWESOME mod, and managed to build a NFT nuclear powered GN Tau asteroid explorer. Odd thing though, after every burn even though the drive never gets anywhere close to being empty it suddenly shuts down and begins recharging GN Particles, It jumps from around 49,997 GNP's and then it suddenly goes to 0.....

Is it supposed to do that?? I do have the converter running during burns but the reactor provides 400EC/s, I'm just doing short burns too, like raising my AP to 500KM.....

So just got your rather AWESOME mod, and managed to build a NFT nuclear powered GN Tau asteroid explorer. Odd thing though, after every burn even though the drive never gets anywhere close to being empty it suddenly shuts down and begins recharging GN Particles, It jumps from around 49,997 GNP's and then it suddenly goes to 0.....

Is it supposed to do that?? I do have the converter running during burns but the reactor provides 400EC/s, I'm just doing short burns too, like raising my AP to 500KM.....

It cost GN particle based on your mass and your setting of acceleration(called "Max Overload"), while 1 stands for 10m/s^2, so 1t mass accelerated by 1m/s^2 cost 1 unit. Since Taudrive only hold 50000 unit GN particle, it is only enough for 100t vessel cancel gravity (equals to 10m/s^2 acceleration)for 50s. So, if your vessel is very heavy, yes, it could happen. BTW, 400EC/s is only enough for a 40t vessel get 10m/s^2 infinite acceleration, which is quite limited...

If you really want it become some kind of imba engine. you could modified the fuelefficiency in your CFG file of Tauengine, smaller the number, stronger the engine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.