[1.8.x]GN Drive from Mobile Suit Gundam 00

flywlyx

An idea for a possible future update to this mod: Instead of adding, essentially, copies of the drives and parts for each size, why not try and add a Tweak Scale config so anyone who has Tweak Scale can make the drives whatever size they need?

I was wondering if, perhaps, someone currently active could perhaps explain the relationship between ship mass, drive overload, and increase in velocity? I've been working on a quad Tau setup using the drives as landing gear, and I'd like to be able to have finer control over my velocity.

On 2016/5/9 at 3:31 AM, DonKalypso said:

An idea for a possible future update to this mod: Instead of adding, essentially, copies of the drives and parts for each size, why not try and add a Tweak Scale config so anyone who has Tweak Scale can make the drives whatever size they need?

I was wondering if, perhaps, someone currently active could perhaps explain the relationship between ship mass, drive overload, and increase in velocity? I've been working on a quad Tau setup using the drives as landing gear, and I'd like to be able to have finer control over my velocity.

Ship mass indicate your total ship mass, give you a better idea how much particle it will cost to drive. Overload mean how much acceleration (overload * 10m/s) a drive can give you.

On 2016/5/9 at 3:31 AM, DonKalypso said:

Test the hover function with GN drive.

How are the engines supposed to function inside ksp? I do not seem to be able to get them to activate. Ive right clicked to activate and their status never changes from deactivated. Do i need to use them in conjunction with another engine or something to utilize the GNparticles? Thank you for your assistance.

I was using a single gn drive (the one with the greenishblue particles) and that was it. Just testing it out to see if I could get it to work. I'm also using the v4.3 file and 1.1.2 ksp. I've tried making a spaceplane and a simple rocket neither seems to activate. Antigrav and hover didn't seem to make any difference as well. Gonna do a fresh install later see if I have conflicting mods or something. I'm currently using nearfuture solar/electrical/propulsion and the heavy lifting pack

On 5/14/2016 at 1:34 PM, aidofthedevil said:

@flywlyxits kind of a nusiance to activate antigrav before hover, ca you make it not a requirement to launch hover?

So you think automatic active antigrav at the same time?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2016 at 7:14 PM, Moggiog said:

Do these drives have a weight or size limit? Some crafts I create with the drives don't work.

Yes, no more than 2 GN-drive is allowed on a single craft. Tau-Drive doesn't have this limit.

• 2 months later...

I tried once to make a ship that dos well with this part installed, being a great fan of Gundam 00. I soon abandoned the idea of using a cheat engine, however, and looked for something realistic for my serious business ships.

However... the thread I frequent had taken a brief turn towards grand tour ships and I remembered this lovely mod, rather, I came up with a real practical use for this mod. :) So.......

w4KHCGa.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2016 at 1:35 PM, clockworklullaby said:

Would be a shame to see that its no longer active

I hadn't thought of that as I'm staying in KSP 1.1.3 for a while. It'd be pretty sad to think that certain ships I design and share will no longer work. :(

On 2016/10/20 at 6:15 PM, DonKalypso said:

I'm certain the author will return triumphantly to declare he's updated it to 1.2, and we shall all rejoice on that day. In the meantime, we'll just have to sit and wait patiently.

Updated, :cool:

I think this mod is very interesting. My only problem was the cost of the GNparticle as emptying one Condenser Drives and putting it outside with some solar panels, and that's a good 10k right there. So I ended up nerfing it and increasing the cost of the different drives. For fun I made an over-priced battery for the GNparticle. 

That and making a simple craft, recording the flight with Kerbal Space Transport System, and I got a very cheap way to get anything to space. 

btw. I didn't watch the show. :sticktongue:

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.